Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 2-2 post Match Thread

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

At the game now. Christ this stadium is soulless!

Enjoyable game and great to see Barnes score. His celebration was amazing, you could see what it meant to him. I thought we would win it after we equalised but we lost control of the game and let them back in. Still the future is very bright and very pleased with the fighting spirit. 

Where I think we need work is in how to control the game. Tielemans has both some good and bad touches but we couldn’t get him on the ball enough. Ndidi is the one that receives it the most and though he was decent, as we know he gives it away cheaply too often and it causes our attacks to break down. 

Tons of potential in the team and we made a lot of chances. Why did Nacho head it with his foot!? 

Good work in progress for Rodgers. Albrighton impactful. Despite the score our future is way rosier than the Hammers. 

If we're talking about the same attempt, he was offside anyway. The replay showed that he really had no chance with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not had the (dis)pleasure myself. Is it really that rubbish ??

That’s the consensus among the fans here. The actual structure is stunning and Olympic Park is something else. Certainly going to enjoy a tipple or two in the park and sunshine before I head back :beer:!

But you sit so far back. I was about halfway back but still further back view wise than say the back of the Kop at the KP! God knows what it’s like if you are right at the back here. Also you can’t hear either set of fans and I don’t think West Ham are plastics because I thoroughly enjoyed games at the Boelyn and generally have a high opinion of Hammers fans compared to other London clubs. They made a good racket at that ground so I can see why they dislike this one, especially when away fans sing “You’re not West Ham anymore!” like we did today lol!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Good

Excellent spirit in the second half. 

We looked fitter than them too. Exploited space well

Riccy runs and runs and tackles and tackles. The opposition must think he's  a noxious weed. Great acquisition and my man of the match

Vardy. Lethal. Missed  an easy-ish one last week but then pulls off a 9/10 difficulty screamer. Legend

BARNES!! He looked a menace for the entirety of his time on the pitch. Excellent finish but his run into the space was superb.  What a talent. 

Ndidi was everywhere and nipped in with some vital tackles. I love watching him thrive in his DM role.

The Okay

Thought Evans was quite good, and Nacho looked like he wants to convince BR to let him stay. He held the ball up nicely for our second 

Youri was pretty bad tonight but like all class acts still has a piece of filthy skill in his locker. Imagine being so good that you can play badly but still make an assist like that?

The Bad

Chilly tried hard but struggled a bit with Antonio's bulk. Got bullied a little 

Kasper's distribution 

Our wingers bar Barnes. Gray made every stupid decision in the book while Marc was a non entity bar one cross. I'm not sure either player is what we need going forward. Marc can't play possession football very well and Demari is all promise and no delivery abd frankly I'm over him. I'm sick of waiting around for the one performance a year when he delivers on his promise. I hope we are in the market for someone to take his place and for him to return being an impact squad.

After that first half I'll take a draw.

Also - if Shinji gets into a squad over Ghezzal does that mean BR wants rid?

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 2

Im not sure why people keep saying we were lucky. We had more corners, more shots on target and slightly more possession. We werent great in the first half but after we equalised it looked like there would only be one winner and it wasn't them. Delighted for Barnes with his first goal and Vards for another goal. It wasnt a great performance but we were away from home against a decent side so overall its not a bad point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Barnes will become our starter in his position, but I still maintain that bringing him on (after he seemed to lose a bit of sparkle in recent games) rather than starting him today was the right decision.  And it worked. 

We looked brilliant for a while in that second half.  

I know he got an assist at the end, but I was quite underwhelmed with Tielemans' other work today.  

Agree with everyone loving Ricardo's contribution.  What a player he is. 

I hate watching MOTD when we lose, but a draw away is fine, so I'll have some of that. 

:)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we're talking about the same attempt, he was offside anyway. The replay showed that he really had no chance with it.

Ah ok thanks. Away fans were howling after that one!

His link up play was not bad though! Still not sure what his position is? No way he could play as a lone striker and not really a 10 either. So I suppose a second striker when we go two up top when chasing games will be his role. 

• Like 1

I don't understand the media sometimes, how was the draw "controversial"?  He had more possession, the same amount of total shots and a couple more shots on target.  I think a draw was a fair result?  Why do they always have to create drama and uproar?  Also, well played Harvey, first of many hopefully.  XX

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 17.31.23.png

Sounded poor.

Sounded like how we've been for a large part of the season.

It's been the case for a long time now, probably since before the half way stage of the season, I just want this season over, as I said when Rodgers came in this is just a massive pre season in terms of Rodgers assessing what he has and what he needs.

Good come back though.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Barnes will become our starter in his position, but I still maintain that bringing him on (after he seemed to lose a bit of sparkle in recent games) rather than starting him today was the right decision.  And it worked. 

We looked brilliant for a while in that second half.  

I know he got an assist at the end, but I was quite underwhelmed with Tielemans' other work today.  

Agree with everyone loving Ricardo's contribution.  What a player he is. 

I hate watching MOTD when we lose, but a draw away is fine, so I'll have some of that. 

:)

Agree with Barnes. Think coming into a stretched game suited him. Albrighton also I felt was solid when he was on. 

Tielemans showed why he’s not ready for a top 4 club yet but even though he made errors, he did a lot of good too. Another assist and crucially he’s the one that makes the forward passes. This leads to errors but without him we’d sit back to much as we did under Puel. I think his signing is in the bag and have little doubt that in two seasons time he’ll be the real deal. He has all the ingredients. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I don't understand the media sometimes, how was the draw "controversial"?  He had more possession, the same amount of total shots and a couple more shots on target.  I think a draw was a fair result?  Why do they always have to create drama and uproar?  Also, well played Harvey, first of many hopefully.  XX

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 17.31.23.png

I think probs Perez's goal that got flagged for offside?

• Like 3

Just now, Matt said:

Sounded poor.

Sounded like how we've been for a large part of the season.

It's been the case for a long time now, probably since before the half way stage of the season, I just want this season over, as I said when Rodgers came in this is just a massive pre season in terms of Rodgers assessing what he has and what he needs.

Good come back though.

West ham just played us off the park in the first half to be fair. Set a ridiculous pace that couldn't last for the whole game.

We were much improved second half