Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 2-2 post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Im not sure why people keep saying we were lucky. We had more corners, more shots on target and slightly more possession. We werent great in the first half but after we equalised it looked like there would only be one winner and it wasn't them. Delighted for Barnes with his first goal and Vards for another goal. It wasnt a great performance but we were away from home against a decent side so overall its not a bad point.

Agree with you! Only thing I can think of is that their disallowed goal was not offside? I was at the ground so have no idea TBH. 

Refs and linos were poor throughout and made several errors for both teams. It equalled itself out but that’s beside the point!

19 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I know some were saying the ref was poor for letting some things go but I thought he was doing it for both teams so pretty consistent. His only mistake in my eyes saved us from going another behind so I would say great performance.

Awful advantage played just before their second as well. In our half, Vardy alone with 2 West Ham defenders and the ball behind him.

Can't see an advantage to be played.

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 17.34.59.png

He's even got the whistle in his mouth, ready to give the foul.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Agree with you! Only thing I can think of is that their disallowed goal was not offside? I was at the ground so have no idea TBH. 

Refs and linos were poor throughout and made several errors for both teams. It equalled itself out but that’s beside the point!

Nah, you're right. It was clearly onside.

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ah ok thanks. Away fans were howling after that one!

His link up play was not bad though! Still not sure what his position is? No way he could play as a lone striker and not really a 10 either. So I suppose a second striker when we go two up top when chasing games will be his role. 

I really think Brendan has it right, he's a proper 9. He really needs a loan and some games in a row in my opinion. Some team like Atalanta or Sampdoria with aging, 35+ strikers in Serie A that see a lot of the ball would be perfect for him imo. 

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Awful advantage played just before their second as well. In our half, Vardy alone with 2 West Ham defenders and the ball behind him.

Can't see an advantage to be played.

Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 17.34.59.png

The goal wasnt offside but when this happened I was shocked the ref didn’t bring play back... moments later they score

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I really think Brendan has it right, he's a proper 9. He really needs a loan and some games in a row in my opinion. Some team like Atalanta or Sampdoria with aging, 35+ strikers in Serie A that see a lot of the ball would be perfect for him imo. 

Somewhere he can take a ludicrous amount of long shots. He's always been great at them.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sounded poor.

Sounded like how we've been for a large part of the season.

It's been the case for a long time now, probably since before the half way stage of the season, I just want this season over, as I said when Rodgers came in this is just a massive pre season in terms of Rodgers assessing what he has and what he needs.

Good come back though.

It was better imo. We used our possesion reasonably in the second half.

• Like 1

2nd half was a lot better. There is quite some potential in this team, but 1st halfs like today really needs to go away. 

Was losing my shit, when we did not get a freekick in the middle of the park and then they run up and score that lucky goal. Then the table turned for once and they got a goal disallowed and we nicked a late one. After that lacklustre 1st half, it ended up feeling like a decent day, but still lots of work to be done by Brendan.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The BBC seem to be obsessing over the fact they had a goal incorrectly ruled out. 

Did they not have one incorrectly given like two minutes before? 

The love in for London teams is just bonkers sometimes. 

Looked onside for the goal. 

If it's about the free kick that should have been given, then yep ref should have brought it back. 

22 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Emoticon makers, do your thing with that Harvey pic.  lol

Screenshot_20190420_172947.jpg

He is a young kid let’s not give him a complex before he gets going.

He already has that horrible pudgy pre match pic.

He is an exciting prospect one of my favourite players at the moment 

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I only dipped in and out of the match thread, as my stream was a bit laggy and it ruins it if you find out about a goal before you see it. 

However, on my stream, it was former Hammer Tony Gale as a co-commentator. 

Talking about what a great bloke Trevor Brooking is, and having a laugh about the colour of his "dickie dirt", and generally giving West Ham the benefit of most doubts. 

Probably whilst wearing a pearly coat and eating some whelks. :rolleyes:

I struggle to recall a Leicester legend with a Leicester accent biasedly commentating on any of our games. Ever. 

Yet Sky and BT, and now the foreign telly, seem to put supporters of one or the other team (but never of Leicester City) in the co-commentator's chair quite often. 

It's a minor irritation, but it grates.  

Go neutral. 

Fully agree; its always an ex player for most teams yet we get next to no one. Admittedly we have Lineker but as you mentioned, i can't rememeber a game we've had one or ours co-commentating.

If the pundit isn't going to be neutral then get them the hell off the commentary 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I only dipped in and out of the match thread, as my stream was a bit laggy and it ruins it if you find out about a goal before you see it. 

However, on my stream, it was former Hammer Tony Gale as a co-commentator. 

Talking about what a great bloke Trevor Brooking is, and having a laugh about the colour of his "dickie dirt", and generally giving West Ham the benefit of most doubts. 

Probably whilst wearing a pearly coat and eating some whelks. :rolleyes:

I struggle to recall a Leicester legend with a Leicester accent biasedly commentating on any of our games. Ever. 

Yet Sky and BT, and now the foreign telly, seem to put supporters of one or the other team (but never of Leicester City) in the co-commentator's chair quite often. 

It's a minor irritation, but it grates.  

Go neutral. 

I agree in principle but I thought he was fine to be honest. Was very complimentary about a few of our players, particularly Ricardo and Maddison. Didn't come across as being particularly biased to me

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Guest said:

I agree in principle but I thought he was fine to be honest. Was very complimentary about a few of our players, particularly Ricardo and Maddison. Didn't come across as being particularly biased to me

Arlo White covers our matches all the time.