Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 2-2 post Match Thread

Much better in 2nd half. 

Their 2nd goal was against the run of play and after we should have had a free kick earlier. 

Our 2nd goal was after they should have had a goal stand as Perez was onside so it evened itself out there. 

The first half was very slow and turgid from us and it was made easy for them to go ahead. 

Felt like a proper end of season performance from us. Positive being another assist from Youri ( :wub:) and Barnes getting his first goal for us. Very happy for him to finally break that duck as he deserves it after some of his performances.

Need to be much improved for next Sunday. I suspect Arsenal's line up will be much changed so they can focus on Europa League... 

• Like 2

Fair result in the end, but its good to see Barnes getting off the mark which should get him going for the rest of this season and into next season.

Iheanacho was also quite good when he came on today as well which is good to see, hopefully he can begin to kick on.

Just now, Charl91 said:

West Ham were robbed then. Sure their disallowed goal was onside.

We had a hefty Penalty shout, their second was a tiny bit, but was offside and the ref called for a foul on Maguire as we played gray in in the left. 

Pretty even game, with evenly poor decisions by the ref for both sides. 

We really should have taken that at 1:1 though. We were in control second half until we scored. Must concentrate better when the pressure is on.

Overall a decent result at a tough place to go. Europa League still possible. Although Watford winning makes it a mountain to climb now. 

Fair result really, same problems persist but quality is there when we get it right. Nice to see Barnes tried from the right and delighted he got his goal. 

Even, average game from everyone. 7th is Watford's to lose but can see us beating one of the big boys we have left.

At the game now. Christ this stadium is soulless!

Enjoyable game and great to see Barnes score. His celebration was amazing, you could see what it meant to him. I thought we would win it after we equalised but we lost control of the game and let them back in. Still the future is very bright and very pleased with the fighting spirit. 

Where I think we need work is in how to control the game. Tielemans has both some good and bad touches but we couldn’t get him on the ball enough. Ndidi is the one that receives it the most and though he was decent, as we know he gives it away cheaply too often and it causes our attacks to break down. 

Tons of potential in the team and we made a lot of chances. Why did Nacho head it with his foot!? 

Good work in progress for Rodgers. Albrighton impactful. Despite the score our future is way rosier than the Hammers. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

I can't accept the beach excuse for our first half performance. Their holidays are long enough already.

At least we played a little faster and more focussed in, the second half but that's 2 points thrown away again. We really only have ourselves to blame for not wrapping up 7th this season.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Sounds silly considering we conceded twice but Evans had a very, very good game.

If Gray ever starts over Barnes again I'm gonna have an aneurysm. Also, called it before the game that Barnes would bag from the bench ;)

Don't think we need to see Gray for the reminder of the season. Liability

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I can't accept the beach excuse for our first half performance. Their holidays are long enough already.

At least we played a little faster and more focussed in, the second half but that's 2 points thrown away again. We really only have ourselves to blame for not wrapping up 7th this season.

Well I for one was fo-CUSSING like a mother-cusser that first half !