Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

5 hours ago, Wrighty22 said:

Just been reminded that Vardy is on 99 premier league goals, so assuming he scores in his next game, his 203rd game, that gives him an outstanding goals to game ratio of 0.49.

Matt Le Tissier scored 100 goals in 270 games.

Drogba scored 104 goals in 254 games.

Emile Heskey scored 110 goals in 516 games.

I appreciate these aren't the best strikers to grace the Premiership but it still puts into context just how prolific of a goalscorer he is. Added bonus that all 99 goals are for us.

Lets assume he bags another 4 goals this season, that will give him 103 goals in 211 games. Should be play a huge part in our squad next year which is pretty much guaranteed, even if he only scores 10 goals, that's 113 goals in up to 249 games. Still an incredible record. 

Remember that in his first season in the Premier league, hewas pretty much out wide with Ulloa being the one who played central. Incredible statistics from one of the best strikers in Premier league history. 

Was carrying an hamstring injury for last couple of months before the break so hopefully should see Vardy in full flight after his rest.

Also been given to miss certain training sessions presumably to save wear and tear on his body so we can get another few years out of him.

Personally I think he has at least 2 more years at the top after this season. Managing his fitness will be key from here on in. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

The other point I took from the article in The Athletic was that you have to remember that after Vardy scored his first PL goal v Manchester United, it took him another 22 matches before his next one! 

Exactly. He’s numbers since that second goal are insane. X 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

The other point I took from the article in The Athletic was that you have to remember that after Vardy scored his first PL goal v Manchester United, it took him another 22 matches before his next one! 

The year after we won the league he went through an even worse draught, scored in one game out of around 25 I think, the hat trick against Man City was that game in between all that.

• Like 1

I love Jamie Vardy....he's literally going to forever be my all time favourite Leicester player. This post is in no way aimed to be negative towards him because he could literally steal my car and trash it and I'd still love the guy I'm just a bit worried that no crowds and the lockdown break are not a positive for him and he may struggle in this new normal?

Teams so far have sat deep to preserve energy and are not allowing him any space in behind. This is why I feel it paramount we play Tielemans as well as Maddison to look for any type of cutting edge pass....I also think Perez can provide it on his day. I hope Jamie still feels the love from us LCFC supporters and gets in goalscoring positions because the guy is an absolute genius at scoring goals with half chances.

Perhaps we need to get him fired up before each game by getting an opposing supporter to troll his wife....Vardy loves a bit of revenge!!

• Like 1

I felt for him yesterday, at times in games the ball doesn't stick and he's a passenger. Apart from one careless touch which gave away a promising position to a defender, he held the ball up (set up Ndidi who was shoved over when about to shoot) and at one point received the ball with three players around him and battled to get possession to an unmarked player which he managed.

It's not a lack of motivation or needing to be fired up- he needs service and support. His brilliance has masked a lot of deficiencies with the build-up play- the comments about needing one chance to score are accurate, show him to be a top class striker but also puts too much pressure on him. No surprise he looked sharpest from October- December when we had players in the box with him, playing it quickly to him and giving him proper chances.

Let's use the man properly and not pile the pressure on him to be almost perfect with the limited opportunities he receives in front of goal.

People who always say things like ‘He isn’t doing anything’ or ‘he’s not on form’ are missing the point.

Its clear how hard it is for anyone when he gets absolutely no service what so ever.

Watch Utd today, Chance after chance. Strong possession right on the edge of the box with about 5 or 6 people around it.

Thats what we are not doing, we’re playing too negatively and we’re not committing enough players forward.

We are almost trying to knick 1-0 wins.

We need to play YT like I’ve stated so many times, but also get Maddison central. Tell him never to track back and take risks. We don’t need to go all scared and negative.

Get players around Vardy, make defenders have other things to worry about and Vardy will find space and score.

He is one of the worlds best strikers at actually finishing a chance if we give him even half chances - as proven by his incredible XG rate.

He is not the problem, it’s getting bodied around him. Constantly we are leaving him with 3/4 players marking him and it’s impossible really.

Although he was far from great vs Brighton, he actually did a few nice lays off. A beautiful cushion for Madders, which he wasted and 1 for Ndidi which he was fouled. Also won a few headers he had no right to win. He showed he’s not off form and he’s doing as well as he really can with what he’s been given.

If we can go back to being positive and taking the hand break off we might have a chance. Unfortunately fear seeks to of set in from BR and we are more scared to lose than actually win. Best form of defence is attack, make the opposition worry about Vardy and Barnes and Gray and Perez constantly pressing and then it also achieves then to not be able to get out to attack themselves!

• Like 1

I think if anyone watched the Man U vs Sheffield Utd game today the difference was huge. They dominated and created loads.

Rashford missed 3 or 4 sitters.

Swap Vardy for Rashford , Vardy scores today and Rashford would still not vs Brighton the way we performed.

Simple as that, he’s a top striker but no one in the world could of done much with what we offered yesterday.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

People who always say things like ‘He isn’t doing anything’ or ‘he’s not on form’ are missing the point.

Its clear how hard it is for anyone when he gets absolutely no service what so ever.

Watch Utd today, Chance after chance. Strong possession right on the edge of the box with about 5 or 6 people around it.

Thats what we are not doing, we’re playing too negatively and we’re not committing enough players forward.

We are almost trying to knick 1-0 wins.

We need to play YT like I’ve stated so many times, but also get Maddison central. Tell him never to track back and take risks. We don’t need to go all scared and negative.

Get players around Vardy, make defenders have other things to worry about and Vardy will find space and score.

He is one of the worlds best strikers at actually finishing a chance if we give him even half chances - as proven by his incredible XG rate.

He is not the problem, it’s getting bodied around him. Constantly we are leaving him with 3/4 players marking him and it’s impossible really.

Although he was far from great vs Brighton, he actually did a few nice lays off. A beautiful cushion for Madders, which he wasted and 1 for Ndidi which he was fouled. Also won a few headers he had no right to win. He showed he’s not off form and he’s doing as well as he really can with what he’s been given.

If we can go back to being positive and taking the hand break off we might have a chance. Unfortunately fear seeks to of set in from BR and we are more scared to lose than actually win. Best form of defence is attack, make the opposition worry about Vardy and Barnes and Gray and Perez constantly pressing and then it also achieves then to not be able to get out to attack themselves!

We have been found out 

as soon as we started to lose to Shitter teams the blueprint was there for other mangers to use. Unfortunately as of yet BR hasn’t adapted since this has happened.

Posting in this thread to show my support for one of our greatest ever players.

I agree that JV has not been at his best since the PL restart but some of the abuse directed towards him in other threads on this forum is unbelievable and totally uncalled for.

I imagine that it is the vocal minority that are posting their vitriol about his performances and they are probably some of the same people that wanted him sold to West Brom for £5m back in 2014.

Vardy is a fighter and I have no doubt that he will prove all the naysayers wrong once again.

He will continue to have my full support whenever he is playing for us. He is a true Leicester legend and it will be a very sad day when he eventually leaves our club.

I still believe he will soon be scoring again, which will hopefully help us secure a top four finish as well as winning himself the PL golden boot.

_86933207_vardy-index-getty.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1