Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

I reckon he's got at least one more top-flight season in him.... 

Oldest Goalscorers In Premier League History:
  • Teddy Sheringham. 40 years & 268 days. English. Dec 2006. West Ham. Portsmouth.
  • Dean Windass. 39 years & 235 days. English. Nov 2008. Hull City. Portsmouth.
  • Ryan Giggs. 39 years & 86 days. Welsh. Feb 2013. Man United. ...
  • Thiago Silva. 39 years & 51 days. Brazilian. Nov 2023. Chelsea. ...
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Some fellow fans here were calling me delusional last summer when I said Vardy will score 17-18 goals this season. 

17-18? You're delusional mate, he'll have 20 by Saturday night! 🤣

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

He was definitely instrumental in getting this over the line.  This is the player Leeds and Southampton didn't have. Stood up and took the responsibility at exactly the right moment.

My favourite moment of the season is him passing to Fatawu so he could get his hat trick. He knows how important these moments are when developing young players. That's leadership. 

Legend.

Can't wait to see the TIFO on saturday.  Its going to be so emotional.

I think that's genuinely one of my highlights of the season.

I don't hold Vardy's finishing in the same regard as most Leicester fans, but I don't think there are many players in world football with the footballing intelligence of the man.

It's like he has a birds eye view of the pitch at times how he moves and the pictures he sees.

I refuse to believe Saturday could be the last time we see him play live.

If and when he does go, we need to get a coach load to follow him about Europe or wherever, just like that bunch from Anderlecht with Wasilewski.

The Vardy party cannot die!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

If and when he does go, we need to get a coach load to follow him about Europe or wherever, just like that bunch from Anderlecht with Wasilewski.

Fuching ell. I had no idea it was that serious. Poor Jamie. Proper swan song then. 

4 hours ago, SuperMike said:

I reckon he's got at least one more top-flight season in him.... 

Oldest Goalscorers In Premier League History:
  • Teddy Sheringham. 40 years & 268 days. English. Dec 2006. West Ham. Portsmouth.
  • Dean Windass. 39 years & 235 days. English. Nov 2008. Hull City. Portsmouth.
  • Ryan Giggs. 39 years & 86 days. Welsh. Feb 2013. Man United. ...
  • Thiago Silva. 39 years & 51 days. Brazilian. Nov 2023. Chelsea. ...

Better than them all. :D

• Like 2

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/13126261/transfers-contracts-and-finances-what-next-for-leicester-after-promotion-back-to-the-premier-league

The future of one of Leicester's greatest players, Jamie Vardy, is up in the air, with his contract expiring this summer.

However, now that Leicester are back in the top division, it's expected that Vardy will agree a new one-year extension in the coming days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/13126261/transfers-contracts-and-finances-what-next-for-leicester-after-promotion-back-to-the-premier-league

The future of one of Leicester's greatest players, Jamie Vardy, is up in the air, with his contract expiring this summer.

However, now that Leicester are back in the top division, it's expected that Vardy will agree a new one-year extension in the coming days. 

Imagine how deflating it would be to fans and the squad if we let him go after this season. 

I have had my doubts over the last couple of years, but he is still performing and in these last few games, has looked razor sharp again. 

Give him 1 more crack at the Premier League! A one year extension on a reduced but not insulting wage, is perfect! 

28 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

My god don't say that I'm not prepared for it at all ........ i need more time and lots of it to even consider it ......... I'm bereft at the very thought - Please say it can't be true ..... it can't can it ....... I'm falling apart here 

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would be nice to have something to announce prior to Blackburn. Then we can concentrate on saying goodbye to Albrighton.

• Like 1