Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

What a player he has been. The greatest we'll ever see. The catalyst to our two Championship titles, the great escape, the premier league win and our European feats. 

He actually goes under the radar as he plays for us. He's been world class and shows it in patches like he's currently in. Lethal, ruthless and no nonsense. 

We'll never have another like him. 

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can't wait to bore my future grandkids with stories about this man 

I'll leave out the bit where I was stood in a terrace at Peterborough away and he come on with Waghorn and the bloke next to meet shouted HES ****ING NON LEAGUE AND ALWAYS WILL BE WHY WONT YOU REALISE IT NIGEL

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bridport007 said:

Another year definitely! Then make him the attacking coach, Then the Chief scout. Then in charge of PR. Eventually, give him the catering contract and so on. He has been more loyal than an old Labrador. He leaves when he wants...not before!

Agree at least about staying on as attacking coach.  Hard to think of a more intelligent striker in the leagues.

• Like 3

Seemed pretty cagey about next season in post match interview. Lennon asked him straight up if he was staying and he dodged the question. I think now is the time where he might take a lucrative MLS contract and get him and Beckeh out of the UK for a bit. 

I'd very much like him to stay 1 more year in the Prem, but can see why he might take a multi year deal somewher warm, and where no one knows who they are. 

If he stays  though, would mean he can get to 200 goals for the club and lift another Cup. which we are nailed on to do next year!

Mpg of 94 this season, thats ridiculous. Closest to him is Sargent with 111. 

Absolute legend and loved his celebrations, you can see how much it means to him. 

Edit: think the 94 mpg didn't include tonight so actually think his mpg has gone below 90 now 

Edited by jayfox26

21 minutes ago, YorkshireYellow said:

Sorry but as a Norwich fan, it would be utterly ridiculous if Leicester didn't table a contract offer to try and keep him for next season. 

Doesn't matter if he plays 50 minutes one week then 20 the next, then 10, then 60, he's a natural goalscorer.

Guarantee the other two promoted teams will be sticking an offer in front of him, and probably Everton as well.

I know he's probably on mega money and you'd want substantial cuts to that, but can halve the basic but then load up with bonus payments for 5 goals, 10 goals, 25 appearances, 30 appearances, a survival bonus, and a giant survival bonus if it is survival + say 8 goals.

He could stay and have an utterly terrible season next year and wouldn't be able to make a scratch on his legacy at either Leicester or in wider football, there isn't really much risk or downside to trying to keep him. He gets to try and show that he can still bag a few goals in the top tier after a disappointing season last year, and you get Jamie ****ing Vardy as one of your striking options.

I would be shocked if he isn't offered another year. He is such a popular player with the fans and the team, that just his presence around the club will be huge. 

I suspect he will have to take a pay-cut but not an insulting one, and I think he will fancy 1 more crack in the Prem. 

I can see him getting 200 goals for us and the fairy tale ending, would be for him to help us stay up next year despite the points deduction and then we can go on and stabilise as a Premier League club again in the seasons to come. 

Edited by STUHILL

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Just a pure footballer. Guy was born to play the game.

He’s an absolute thoroughbred -words can’t describe his contribution - why he’s stuck with us I’ve not quite been sure as he’s a top 3 striker - I’d look to drop his wage if possible but give him 2 years