Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersApples

PFA team of the year - Alternate version (outside the top 6 only)

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Anyone not picking Vardy is mad. Hes the highest scorer outside the top 6 again. Jimenez and Wilson have both scored 12 and Vardy has 16. Absolutely no competition! I like Jimenez and think he'll be even better next season but hes not as good as JV right now. 

Perhaps included instead because arguably he's had a better individual season than Vardy, despite Vardy scoring more goals etc...

But i agree, Vardy would be my first name on the teamsheet for an alternate pfa team of the year.

Hard to overlook our defenders too, we haven't conceded an awful amount of goals this season. 

Mine:

Etheridge

Wan-Bissaka (shades Pereira narrowly)   Ake  Coady  Chilwell
Zaha  Rice  Moutinho Felipe Anderson
Vardy Jimenez

Edited by TJB-fox

4 hours ago, murphy said:

What a good idea for a thread.  

Trickier than you think.    I've tried to be unbiased but I've still got four City players and Tielemans would make it if he had had a full season.

Anyway, my attempt:            

Pickford

Ricardo      Dunk       Maguire      Chillwell

Rice

Zaha        Neves    Doucoure     Andersen

Vardy      

Pickford has had a shocking season. Strange choice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rachhere said:

I would definitely sooner have Kasper than Pickford. He did a fantastic job in the world cup, but personally I am hoping another English keeper emerges before the next one. 

Would agree that on his day Maguire is right up there, he's just not consistently performed at that level unfortunately... can't help thinking a lot of that was down to niggly injuries though. His performance against Liverpool really sticks out for me though as the defensive show of the season for us. 

Maguires a tough one, we see him week in week out, so we notice his mistakes. Mistakes that we wouldn’t see of other teams players unless you managed to see every game in full.

This wasn’t aimed at you but it was the last post referencing Maguire before I replied. 

Foster

Doherty              Schar          Coady                Chilwell

Rice             Neves

Fraser                Felipe Anderson        Zaha

Raul Jimenez           

Edited by henrik_62

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Jiminez is having a better season than Vardy, everyone. His linkup play and overall contribution to the team (10 assists!) is incredible. Vardy is incredibly good, yes, but this year Jiminez has performed better.

Jiminez is incredible, would love to have him here.

Etheridge

Ricky

Coady

Diop

Digne

Deloufeu

Neves

Moutinho

Brooks

Vardy

Jiminez

Feel a bit harsh on Watford there, would've put Doucs in there but he's been pretty shit second half of the season. Vardy was a tough one, while he's got the record he's probably had his poorest season, he's been fantastic under Rodgers but was held back a lot by Puel, I imagine asking anyone else but us lot not sure if they'd put him in based on performances more how much he's put it in the onion bag

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

23 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Pickford has had a  dreadful season and Maguire has been very hit and miss. Seems as though you have picked the players who you think are the best in their positions rather than the players which have been the best this season. 

Edit: sorry if it sounded like i was being a tit, i was just having an opinion on your opinion ?

"Seems as though you have picked the players who you think are the best in their positions"........surely that's the whole point.  Otherwise you might pick a team with three goalkeepers & five creative midfielders? (For instance).

Fabianski

Ricardo

Tarkowski

Boly

Holebas

Moutinho

Rice

Capoue

Zaha

Vardy

Fraser

Honourable mentions to Sigurdsson, Jimenez, Digne, Doherty, Wan-Bissaka (much better defensively than Ricardo but much poorer offensively), Felipe Anderson, Brooks, Schar, Duffy, Bednarek and doubtless loads more I've forgotten about.

5 minutes ago, PaulW said:

"Seems as though you have picked the players who you think are the best in their positions"........surely that's the whole point.  Otherwise you might pick a team with three goalkeepers & five creative midfielders? (For instance).

I imagine what he means is there's a difference between, for example, "who is the best goalkeeper" and "who has been the best goalkeeper this season", which is what the team of the year is about. I think most people would agree that Pickford is probably a better keeper than Etheridge, but Pickford has had a largely poor season littered with big errors and Etheridge has been more impressive. Similarly, Maguire's arguably not even been our best centre back this season, let alone one of the best two outside the top six.

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Fabianski

Ricardo

Tarkowski

Boly

Holebas

Moutinho

Rice

Capoue

Zaha

Vardy

Fraser

Honourable mentions to Sigurdsson, Jimenez, Digne, Doherty, Wan-Bissaka (much better defensively than Ricardo but much poorer offensively), Felipe Anderson, Brooks, Schar, Duffy, Bednarek and doubtless loads more I've forgotten about.

I imagine what he means is there's a difference between, for example, "who is the best goalkeeper" and "who has been the best goalkeeper this season", which is what the team of the year is about. I think most people would agree that Pickford is probably a better keeper than Etheridge, but Pickford has had a largely poor season littered with big errors and Etheridge has been more impressive. Similarly, Maguire's arguably not even been our best centre back this season, let alone one of the best two outside the top six.

On 25/04/2019 at 13:51, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans 

Makes me think of that Liverpool Carragher song to the tune of yellow submarine...

at number 1 is carragher, number 2 is carragher, number 3 is carragher...

..we all dream of a team of carraghers... ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Jiminez is having a better season than Vardy, everyone. His linkup play and overall contribution to the team (10 assists!) is incredible. Vardy is incredibly good, yes, but this year Jiminez has performed better.

He has been incredible but his stats are 35 games 12 goals and 8 assists in the PL. Vardy who was rigged up in chains for the first half of the season has 16 goals and 4 assists in 31 appearances. Just shows how clinical Vardy naturally is, will get goals without much trouble. He is irreplaceable to us.

• Like 2