Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Last season's thread is locked so putting this in here.

From the Merc

Premier League injury record 2018-19

Manchester United: 61 injuries 1,1392 days lost

Tottenham Hotspur: 42-1,140

Liverpool: 37-801

Huddersfield Town: 36-1,039

Newcastle United: 36-1,061

Arsenal: 35-1,316.

Cardiff City: 35-1,075

Manchester City: 35-1,134.

Bournemouth: 33-1,108

Watford: 33-853

Crystal Palace: 30-777

Chelsea: 29-466

Southampton: 28-873

Everton: 27-557

West Ham United: 27-1,287

Burnley: 25-809

Brighton and Hove Albion: 22-770

Fulham: 19-714

Leicester City: 13-461

Wolves: 5-88

Interesting stats actually. 

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t quite work out Manchester U’s transfer tactics this summer. 

Grumble about a fee on a Swansea winger never played in the PL. 

Interested in Longstaff who plays occasionally for Newcastle. 

Now tabling a £7million from a kid from Stoke playing centre back. 

They’ve gone from one scale of the transfer market to the next !

Who’s this?

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Ole's sending them down.

Fergie's United:

604px-Mona_Lisa,_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci,_f

Every single member of the class of 92 attempting to replicate those times:

Mona-Lisa-Painted-by-a-Child--57674.jpg

The bird at the bottom has to be from Coventry. 

18 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t quite work out Manchester U’s transfer tactics this summer. 

Grumble about a fee on a Swansea winger never played in the PL. 

Interested in Longstaff who plays occasionally for Newcastle. 

Now tabling a £7million from a kid from Stoke playing centre back. 

They’ve gone from one scale of the transfer market to the next !

I can't tell if they're just trying to bring in hungrier players, but ultimately making too many gambles in the process, or if they're absolutely cheating themselves and not bringing in a lot better.

I think they'll take a good 2/3 years to fix, I just can't tell if this is part of fixing the problem or if it's not actually solving anything.

They're making the signings I'd expect Bournemouth to make.

The Italians are reporting Pep to Juve is imminent. 

I know he doesn't like staying anywhere long but if he quits Man City before getting one more crack at the CL as clear favourites next year, that's really poor form. 

No doubt a brilliant coach but a bit weird. 

What's he going to do when he's had 3 years at Juve, Man City, Barca and Bayern? 3 years at PSG then retire? 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I know he doesn't like staying anywhere long but if he quits Man City before getting one more crack at the CL as clear favourites next year, that's really poor form. 

What's he going to do when he's had 3 years at Juve, Man City, Barca and Bayern? 3 years at PSG then retire? 

Probably bored of their shit boring fans tbh. Wants to manage a proper club again I imagine 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Talking about this at work and we wonder if he’s had some inside info that the CL ban is very likely 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The Italians are reporting Pep to Juve is imminent

Would be very, very funny if it happened.

• Like 1

Juve won't fit him. Ronaldo is an individual and his greatness is partly due to his individualism. Pep hates that and is more about team work.

Pep is an intelligent man and surely he can foresee the problems that will arise between him and CR9.

Edited by Koke

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I like him but I'd have way more respect for him if he rocked up at like Milan, Dortmund, Valencia, Napoli, Inter, etc and actually built to topple one of the big boys. 

Nah he can’t do that. He’d actually have to do some real work.

On 23/05/2019 at 11:29, Dan LCFC said:

I can't tell if they're just trying to bring in hungrier players, but ultimately making too many gambles in the process, or if they're absolutely cheating themselves and not bringing in a lot better.

I think they'll take a good 2/3 years to fix, I just can't tell if this is part of fixing the problem or if it's not actually solving anything.

They're making the signings I'd expect Bournemouth to make.

At the moment, I'd say most Bournemouth players would get in the current Man Utd side!

I'll be amazed if OGS is still there at Xmas. Totally the wrong choice and a terrible appointment made because of romantic reasons. I liken it to Ranieri going to Fulham.

Does anyone really think that as manager, OGS strikes fear into other clubs that he's going to turn it around, or convince top players he is the man to turn Man Utd around?

And if I were a top player, would I choose Man Utd, over Man City, Liverpool, or even Chelsea or Arsenal? Not a chance. Even the dreaded Spuds would be a more plausible choice.

If Harry Maguire goes to Man Utd I actually see that as a backward step at this point in his career. I'd say staying at Leicester, or if he wants to move on, go to Wolves or Everton, as they would all be far better options.

What's the point in being remembered as a great player in a terrible Man Utd team?

On 28/04/2019 at 02:25, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Looking forward to Sheffield Utd being back. Always had a soft spot for them for some reason.

I honestly cannot see anyone getting close to Liverpool and City again next season, the 4 clubs below them need 1-2 seasons of smart recruitment to challenge again imo..

Man city depends when pep leaves them.  

On 23/05/2019 at 17:19, Koke said:

Juve won't fit him. Ronaldo is an individual and his greatness is partly due to his individualism. Pep hates that and is more about team work.

Pep is an intelligent man and surely he can foresee the problems that will arise between him and CR9.

I take it you mean CR7

• Like 1