Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

If Villa do stay up at least they won't trouble the likes of us without completely changing their entire team. And hopefully Greasy Jack leaves them too. Dean Smith isn't a good manager. Brentford finished higher in the league both before and after he was in charge of them. It was odd that Villa wanted him really. 

Bournemouth can feck off back into obscurity for all I care. Bunch of diving pricks. If they somehow stay up they'll still lose Ake and likely won't last another season any way. 

Excited for Sunday now, between man utd, Chelsea and forest we were a west game goal away from a perfect set of results on paper. 

But I actually think man utd getting a point works in our favour. The mentality on Sunday means we have to go and get something from the game whereas utd need to not lose. 

Little things like that can play with the mentalities of the teams. 

It wouldn't surprise me if it finishes a draw and Chelsea lose so we both qualify. 

To be honest, as much as I hate utd, after all the money Chelsea have already spent I'd love it if they missed out.

Edited by RobHawk

22 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Excited for Sunday now, between man utd, Chelsea and forest we were a west game goal away from a perfect set of results on paper. 

But I actually think man utd getting a point works in our favour. The mentality on Sunday means we have to go and get something from the game whereas utd need to not lose. 

Little things like that can play with the mentalities of the teams. 

It wouldn't surprise me if it finishes a draw and Chelsea lose so we both qualify. 

To be honest, as much as I hate utd, after all the money Chelsea have already spent I'd love it if they missed out.

We are on Sky.  Might have to buy a nowTV pass.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

We have a good chance as long as we keep our players and keep adding quality. I'd argue that we would have finished above you this season if it weren't for the introduction of VAR and the daft new handball rule. 

I actually had a look at your final positions since getting back in the Premier League:

14th

1st

12th

9th

9th

3rd-5th 

You've obviously had that amazing season in 15/16, but from then on you've steadily improved the team and finishing position. There's going to be a hell of a fight for top 4 next season between Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves. Maybe for only two places given that Liverpool and Man City will likely have two of them tied up. 

I don't know if missing out on Europe will help or hinder us given that we seem to relish lots of games. 

you've forgotten the mighty effin' Leeds....

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not often we disagree but I think we will here.

If we'd played the same amount of games they would be miles ahead of us.

Think we will mate. Just think there's a weird obsession with them on here. Maybe I just watch them on their off days but their football is drab. Get dragged out of the mud by individual performances by the likes of Traore, Jota and Jiminez etc. 

In a combined 11 we have the majority of the players imo 

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Wolves and Leicester combined line up would be intresting.

For me only 4 from Wolves get in and would depend on formation.

Boly, Traore , Neves and Jimenez. 

Moutinho has got to be worth a shout?

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Excuse me for being thick but if we win we get CL, if we draw and Chelsea lose we get CL... if we lose we get EL ? 

Win = 100% in.

Draw = Only in if Chelsea lose.

Lose = 100% 5th.

3 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Moutinho has got to be worth a shout?

Yeah shout, but who over? Personally Tielemens is the better And younger CM.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Jota would get in mine but not Boly and I'd still take Tielemans over Neves

17 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I would only have three Traore, Jota, and Moutinho/Neves. Patricio would be unfortunate to miss out as well. 

Surely would look like this:

Schmeichel

Pereira  Evans  Soyuncu Chilwell

Moutinho/Neves Ndidi  Maddison

Jota         Vardy     Traore 

Edited by peach0000

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Dean Smith isn't a good manager. Brentford finished higher in the league both before and after he was in charge of them.

Dean Smith took over Villa in October 2018 when they were 14th in the Championship and led them into the PL that season.

Brentford may still swap places with them this summer but he revitalised Villa last season.