Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you, as I said, it's all opinion so wanted to see which one you'd pick! I always thought Yaya should have won it circa 2011(?) when he first joined, his influence was massive and scored lots of important goals for them. 

I'd forgotten about that season from Yaya, he was unstoppable for a couple of years. A really good shout that. One of my favourite players to watch play at his peak. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yaya-toure/leistungsdaten/spieler/13091/plus/0?saison=2013

13-14 he got 20 goals and 9 assists in 35 Prem games. He was class defensively too, was unreal that season.

Just comparing him to Lampard, who in 09-10 got 22 goals and 16 assists in 36 games:o

And here's me who will be happy if Maddison gets 7 goals 7 assists in 35 gameslol

Proper mental how many Lampard used to score. At least 10 guaranteed from midfield every season.

13 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

On a slight tangent - Mario Ballotelli (remember him?) is apparently off to a Serie C side. How the mighty have fallen. 

Has there been another player who has absolutely wasted every opportunity they had?

At his latest club, less of a case him wasting it and more being treated horridly 

12 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

On a slight tangent - Mario Ballotelli (remember him?) is apparently off to a Serie C side. How the mighty have fallen. 

Has there been another player who has absolutely wasted every opportunity they had?

Ravel Morrison springs to mind straight away. I’m sure Fergie once said he was the most talented player to come through the Man Utd youth ranks whilst he was there, but continually threw away opportunities. 
There are many other examples, maybe not as high profile as Ballotelli, but Nile Ranger - I think we all remember his debut and Gary Birtles going crazy over an average debut.

• Like 1

The Nations League is supposedly going to be from 5th - 8th Sep. With nations playing twice. For those teams who get to the final of the EL/CL they're barely going to have much more than 10 days before they have to join up with their countries. 

Edited by The Bear

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Nations League is supposedly going to be from 5th - 8th Sep. With nations playing twice. For those teams who get to the final of the EL/CL they're barely going to have much more than 10 days before they have to join up with their countries. 

I'd like to think nations will be picking players from teams not involved with Europe, or scrapping the Nations League completely for a season or two.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

I don't think you can really say Balotelli's wasted his career. He's obviously what Nigel Pearson might call "a complex character" but he's still won league titles in two countries, won a Champions League, played for his country in the Euros and a World Cup, set up one of the most iconic goals in recent football history for Man City against QPR. No doubt he could have done more with his talent but it's not like he's not achieved anything.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

You did, and you were fantastic that season and clearly the best team in the league. 

But you can't say the instability of the top teams wasn't at least a factor, otherwise why didn't you challenge for the title the season after?

Like I say it was a perfect storm of a team unexpectedly having the season of their lives, and the big teams not being able to match that. 

Yeah I do take your point but there is an always an element of everything coming together whenever anyone wins anything, regardless of sport and of lever.

That phrase started to be used as a stick to beat us with and take away from a magnificent achievement, one of the greatest in sports history, since it implies that it means less that we won it because it happened 'that year' and that's what gets on my nerves about the 'perfect bloody storm'. It's just a convenient way to explain away how the top 6 teams stranglehold got broken one season since they don't want to accept it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t work out how so few people seem to realise that if Watford and villa both (v possible) lose then any win for Bournemouth (also possible )  keeps them up 

Bournemouth kind of have the easier game of the 3 too. 

West Ham are finishing on a high, Arsenal will not want to lose to another team down at the bottom and finish below Burnely.

Everton have had nothing to play for for a while now and look like they're ready for the beach 

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Klopp's back room staff antics at the Chelsea game aren't coming off well at all. I never used to mind Liverpool and thought them winning the league would be good for the variety.

But, christ, they're not covering themselves in glory. 

What’s been said? Soon as they were getting the trophy I switched off from everything that wasn’t Leicester related. 

37 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

During the game. Klopp's coaches were giving it large when they were winning and it annoyed Frank to the point he swore at them and told them to calm down. 

‘Calm down, calm down’ .......surely that should be coming from the scousers ???