Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Ric Flair said:

You've had a howler here son

I'll always stand by my opinion that he's a good premier league striker that benefits from being the main man up front and getting more minutes than most strikers. Happy to do a comparison of any striker that you'd consider to be a teams main man :D

premMinsImage.png

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'll always stand by my opinion that he's a good premier league striker that benefits from being the main man up front and getting more minutes than most strikers. Happy to do a comparison of any striker that you'd consider to be a teams main man :D

premMinsImage.png

Goals per minute isn't the only useful metric for this debate though. What about chance/shot conversion? I'd wager players like Kane and Aguero not only get more chances, but receive better ones given their teammates. 

Anyway, I don't want to get a rep as being anti-Vardy here! haha

I'm just anti "Vardy is the best we'll ever have and there's no way we can replace his goals" We're a top 6 side and capable of attracting strikers that will score goals for us. Give a good quality premier league striker enough minutes on the pitch and he'll bang in the goals.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Anyway, I don't want to get a rep as being anti-Vardy here! haha

I'm just anti "Vardy is the best we'll ever have and there's no way we can replace his goals" We're a top 6 side and capable of attracting strikers that will score goals for us. Give a good quality premier league striker enough minutes on the pitch and he'll bang in the goals.

Booooo!!!! Vardy hater!! :mad:

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

premMinsImage.png

All those strikers are amazing if they score that many goals per minute! 

Maybe minutes per goal.... :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Jordan Henderson named Football Writers player of the year. He's been pivotal to the way Liverpool have played this season, but I personally think De Bruyne should maybe have got it instead. 

It's tough. KDB is obviously the better player but Henderson is a big part of Liverpool's team, as you said on your other post "the cog", and led them to the PL and CL.

I heard Pep sounding like a typical Man City fan on the radio. "Ohhh we won the league and a Liverpool player won it", when Sterling actually won it. Them lot act like spoilt kids.

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's tough. KDB is obviously the better player but Henderson is a big part of Liverpool's team, as you said on your other post "the cog", and led them to the PL and CL.

I heard Pep sounding like a typical Man City fan on the radio. "Ohhh we won the league and a Liverpool player won it", when Sterling actually won it. Them lot act like spoilt kids.

I do think it says a lot though that a Man City player has never won the PFA player of the year award. I fact no one has won it outside of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool other than Mahrez since 1997.

10 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I do think it says a lot though that a Man City player has never won the PFA player of the year award. I fact no one has won it outside of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool other than Mahrez since 1997.

You can't argue with who has won it though for me.

Last season Van Dijk, and before that Salah, the season before Kante, obviously the season before Mahrez, the season before that Hazard, the season before the Suarez.

Which one are you debating?

It's all opinion, obviously, but Man City fans act as if everybody hates them.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Vardy doesn't get votes from fans of other clubs because he's not liked. He regularly winds up opposition (WBA, Villa, Palace, Sheff Utd etc.) and was caught up in a racism scandal, very unlikely fans of other clubs will vote for him.

This is a football writers awards 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Last season Van Dijk, and before that Salah, the season before Kante, obviously the season before Mahrez, the season before that Hazard, the season before the Suarez.

i know you like Liverpool but you must see the irony here  lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

From the sounds of it they've taken a big look at off the pitch activity, so they've looked at the donations and stuff done by Henderson. Think its a poor way to split players given the amount Rashford and Mane have both done. Sterling has also been vocal against racism. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Last season Van Dijk, the season before Kante, obviously the season before Mahrez, the season before that Hazard, the season before the Suarez.

I personally wouldn't have had Van Dijk last season, maybe Aguero or Fernandinho should off got it. Also don't see how Kompany never won it. The Man City team of the last few years I believe is the best team ever to play in the premier league so to not of won more individual awards I think shows bias towards certain clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

i know you like Liverpool but you must see the irony here  lol 

Tbf man I've gone off them since we got promoted and I see some of their fans comments more. Simarly, I never used to mind Man City but I don't like them at all now.

I do agree with your other post about celebrating both the CL and PL in a "year". Given they lost (knocked out) to Atletico this season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

This is a good point. 

It's very easy to say 'none of the smaller teams players get a look in', when the reality is invariably the bigger clubs have the best players in the league! 

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I personally wouldn't have had Van Dijk last season, maybe Aguero or Fernandinho should off got it. Also don't see how Kompany never won it. The Man City team of the last few years I believe is the best team ever to play in the premier league so to not of won more individual awards I think shows bias towards certain clubs. 

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you, as I said, it's all opinion so wanted to see which one you'd pick! I always thought Yaya should have won it circa 2011(?) when he first joined, his influence was massive and scored lots of important goals for them. 

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you, as I said, it's all opinion so wanted to see which one you'd pick! I always thought Yaya should have won it circa 2011(?) when he first joined, his influence was massive and scored lots of important goals for them. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yaya-toure/leistungsdaten/spieler/13091/plus/0?saison=2013

13-14 he got 20 goals and 9 assists in 35 Prem games. He was class defensively too, was unreal that season.

Just comparing him to Lampard, who in 09-10 got 22 goals and 16 assists in 36 games:o

And here's me who will be happy if Maddison gets 7 goals 7 assists in 35 gameslol

• Haha 2