Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Id go Jimenez as well, he scores a fair few for a player that plays in one of the most boring teams the league has seen.

Vardy is lucky here that he gets to play every single minute of every game. He can play terribly for 2 months and never be in danger of being dropped.

Not many strikers will play as many minutes as Vardy in a season. 

Honestly some people make him out to be this irreplaceable world class striker. Hes a good quality premier league striker, with good pace, who rarely gets injured and never gets dropped (unless the manager wants to be sacked)

He's better than a lot of strikers in this league, but in my opinion people generally overate him on here.

I respect your right to an opinion, but I don't respect this argument one little bit.

Jimenez is a good all round striker who is decent at everything but Vardy's movement and clinical finishing sets him apart from every other striker in this league and maybe the world. It's unorthodox to say the least but his pace and anticipation is not matched by any other striker in the world imo. He can drift through a period of play and one ball in behind and he bursts into life and 90% of times he puts it away. Only peak Suarez comes close to having the ability to do this in the last 10/15 years. 

Having said that his all round play is underrated. If you watch him when the ball is played into feet he usually makes the right pass, against Sheff Utd he could have got about 4 assists with his through balls. 

51 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Honestly some people make him out to be this irreplaceable world class striker. Hes a good quality premier league striker, with good pace, who rarely gets injured and never gets dropped (unless the manager wants to be sacked)

He's better than a lot of strikers in this league, but in my opinion people generally overate him on here.

Out of 29 Premier League players to have scored 100 goals, Vardy has the 7th highest goal rate. Better than Drogba, Owen, Fowler, Rooney, Andy Cole. 

Not bad for a player whose never played at one of the traditional larger clubs 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Just seen one of those "worst ever PL winning XI" posts on facebook and came across an apparent Leicester fan who for some reason wanted to nominate some Leicester players because some of them were carried that season, e.g Schlupp. lol WTF

Bare in mind this team consisted the likes of Aliadiere, Stepanovs,

I saw exactly the same post. But to be fair Ritchie De Laet probably deserves his spot over Bosingwa lol

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Id go Jimenez as well, he scores a fair few for a player that plays in one of the most boring teams the league has seen.

Vardy is lucky here that he gets to play every single minute of every game. He can play terribly for 2 months and never be in danger of being dropped.

Not many strikers will play as many minutes as Vardy in a season. 

:nigel:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Out of 29 Premier League players to have scored 100 goals, Vardy has the 7th highest goal rate. Better than Drogba, Owen, Fowler, Rooney, Andy Cole. 

Not bad for a player whose never played at one of the traditional larger clubs 

You cant argue with his numbers, but I sincerely think he has benefited from basically being the top dog at the club and being undroppable.

Hes a very good striker and part of the reason we've done so well in recent years. I think his goal numbers are helped massively by the pure amount of minutes he has played though. Which is a testament to how well he looks after himself and sometimes a willingness to play through pain.

Someone above said theres no striker in the world who can do what he can do. Thats the kind of absurd stuff im arguing against really. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Jimenez is a good all round striker who is decent at everything but Vardy's movement and clinical finishing sets him apart from every other striker in this league and maybe the world. It's unorthodox to say the least but his pace and anticipation is not matched by any other striker in the world imo. He can drift through a period of play and one ball in behind and he bursts into life and 90% of times he puts it away. Only peak Suarez comes close to having the ability to do this in the last 10/15 years. 

Having said that his all round play is underrated. If you watch him when the ball is played into feet he usually makes the right pass, against Sheff Utd he could have got about 4 assists with his through balls. 

Aguero is top top level. Hard to leave him out of this argument to be honest. 

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

Imagine being a Leicester fan and not appreciating a player like Vardy while he's at the club.

Give your head a wobble.

He's been superb for us and will rightly go down as a Leicester legend.

I just dont subscribe to the general theory that hes the best the league will ever see and we will never be able to replace him.

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Aguero is top top level. Hard to leave him out of this argument to be honest. 

He is a great player, no doubt. But he's not as clinical imo as Vardy. Man City create a dozen chances a game and a lot of them are clear cut. Nacho was scoring at a ridiculous rate there as well. 

The below stat was from very early on this season so Vardy's stats will probably now look better as he's had one of his better seasons in terms of being clinical. 

690.jpg

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's been superb for us and will rightly go down as a Leicester legend.

I just dont subscribe to the general theory that hes the best the league will ever see and we will never be able to replace him.

Okay. I didn't get that from your last comment. It read as you saying he is just your run-of-the-mill PL striker and that you'd swap him for Jiminez.

I don't think many people would say he's the best the league will ever see, but I have to say, as much as I'd like to think otherwise, it's likely he is the best we will ever have at the club in our lifetimes, at least. It will be no mean feat replacing him, trust me.

• Like 1

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

Okay. I didn't get that from your last comment. It read as you saying he is just your run-of-the-mill PL striker and that you'd swap him for Jiminez.

I don't think many people would say he's the best the league will ever see, but I have to say, as much as I'd like to think otherwise, it's likely he is the best we will ever have at the club in our lifetimes, at least. It will be no mean feat replacing him, trust me.

My problem is I dont form a post, I just type not knowing what word or thought it going to come next lol

I honestly think we have his replacement here. If nacho wqs given the leeway and minutes that Vardz is, im convinced he would be hitting 20 a season no sweat

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shailen said:

He is a great player, no doubt. But he's not as clinical imo as Vardy. Man City create a dozen chances a game and a lot of them are clear cut. Nacho was scoring at a ridiculous rate there as well. 

The below stat was from very early on this season so Vardy's stats will probably now look better as he's had one of his better seasons in terms of being clinical. 

690.jpg

I'm sure I've read a stat before that Aguero has missed more big chances than anyone else in premier league history by quite some way. 

Edit - here's the stats https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed

Edited by peach0000

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm sure I've read a stat before that Aguero has missed more big chances than anyone else in premier league history by quite some way. 

Edit - here's the stats https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_missed

Whenever he plays I do find that his finishing at times can be a little erratic, he's a great player without doubt, but I think people see his goal to games ratio and assumes he's one of the best finishers. If Vardy had been at Man City instead of Aguero it would be scary as to how many goals he'd have actually scored. 

Just now, shailen said:

Whenever he plays I do find that his finishing at times can be a little erratic, he's a great player without doubt, but I think people see his goal to games ratio and assumes he's one of the best finishers. If Vardy had been at Man City instead of Aguero it would be scary as to how many goals he'd have actually scored. 

Yeah since I saw the stats a couple of months back I've noticed how poor agueros finishing can be at times. He seems to lack composure more than anything from what I can tell. If he sorted that out he could genuinely get 50 goals a season in my opinion. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Don’t be so sure. I thought that about Lineker and know I am not so sure, so who knows what the future will hold. There is no doubt though that Vardy will certainly be up there for a long while to come.

I probably attended every game Lineker played for City at Filbert st, at the time I thought the same as you urban fox, remember being absolutely gutted when he left.

But lets get real, Vardy is so far ahead of Lineker as a Leicester legend, it doesn't even bear comparison.

In10, 20 30 years City fans will not be yearning for another Lineker, instead of  another Vardy, that's for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nnickn said:

I probably attended every game Lineker played for City at Filbert st, at the time I thought the same as you urban fox, remember being absolutely gutted when he left.

But lets get real, Vardy is so far ahead of Lineker as a Leicester legend, it doesn't even bear comparison.

In10, 20 30 years City fans will not be yearning for another Lineker, instead of  another Vardy, that's for sure.

I actually am Not disagree Ing with you.....BUT

A lineker Type player,though Unique in his own right, will be alot easier to find ,so the yearning will be easier & less stressfull.

Another type English Weller,also might Take generations, and Maybe Never again...

Vardy type..the yearning would be a waste,Simply too many Fazits to his footballing character and on Field nous,that will be buried  in foxes-folklaw.

this Story IMO also has sometime yet to run...this Eagle is Not yet ready to land..!!

• Like 1

BT sport running a poll on their Twitter for team of the season. 

The utter disrespect. 

Screenshot_20200724_075809_com.twitter.android_1.thumb.jpg.499d0769c4807205f0bdc281169efa35.jpg

Caglar has been voted in. Evans wasn't even nominated. 

Chilwell, Ndidi, Maddison didn't get enough votes. 

Edited by StanSP

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

You cant argue with his numbers, but I sincerely think he has benefited from basically being the top dog at the club and being undroppable.

He’s also at a club where he doesn’t get anyway near the same amount of chances as players play for the big six. There are some incredible stats about his conversion rate on chances. 

Players of his quality don’t get dropped because they are that good. A good comparison is Shearer, playing a lot of his career at Newcastle - are his achievements less worthy cos he was the main lead striker? 

You simply can’t underplay Vardy and his career. He’s our 4th all time goal scorers and with a bit luck could be become our 3rd. That puts him in the bracket of Chandler and Rowley which is insane when you consider how much different football is from then. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, nnickn said:

Lineker was great, but Vardy with what he’s achieved here is streets ahead. If Lineker wasn’t from Leicester & in the public eye so much he wouldn’t be held in such high regard. 

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

Hes a very good striker and part of the reason we've done so well in recent years. I think his goal numbers are helped massively by the pure amount of minutes he has played though. Which is a testament to how well he looks after himself and sometimes a willingness to play through pain.

Someone above said theres no striker in the world who can do what he can do. Thats the kind of absurd stuff im arguing against really. 

Can you name a striker better who isn’t top dog and almost unstoppable at their club?

At the end of the day, if he can score 10 for us next season he will be in the top 20 goal scorers in the history the PL.

Do you think anyone else on that list wasn’t top dog at their club?