Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

38 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I know people hate Jack Grealish on a personal level, but I think he would be a great target for the summer. We would be the "heel" of the premier league if we trotted out Grealish and Maddison lol

I cannot stand him but to be honest would not say no to signing him. His best mates are here and he wouldn't have to move house! Stranger things have happened!

Let's be frank - Man Utd. cannot win by more than two goals today if we want any real hope of UCL qualification.

Obviously any result other than a Man Utd. win would be amazing, but I don't really have the confidence in us right now to believe we could win against them by multiple goals, even if we play to the level we know we're capable of.

The dream is a WHU win and us only needing a draw on Sunday. Begging for an Antonio masterclass. 

grealish chat

I just don't see the point of considering Grealish as part of our squad when we already have Maddison. They're similar players, and IMO (and that of a lot of others), Madders is the better player. Grealish is made to look better because he's constantly involved in anything good Villa do, but that's more telling of their status as a one-man team than because he's genuinely that good. :dunno:

Respect where it's due to Grealish for, at times, single-handedly dragging that torrid Aston Villa squad through games and he's impressed me with the all-round elements of his game this year - getting involved in deeper positions and defensive work particularly. However, I'm not sure you'd get that sort of game-changing effect from him in a setup that isn't A) his boyhood club and B) a squad clearly built around his abilities (to the detriment of other positions, hence his involvement away from his "natural" positions).

Edited by OntarioFox

Really torn about this evening- I think we'll miss out but do we want it in the balance or all but done tonight? 

Man United will win comfortably, our only slim hope has to be Chelsea losing both. Liverpool will want to end the home season strongly, Chelsea's defence is suspect so Liverpool 2-1.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Really torn about this evening- I think we'll miss out but do we want it in the balance or all but done tonight? 

Man United will win comfortably, our only slim hope has to be Chelsea losing both. Liverpool will want to end the home season strongly, Chelsea's defence is suspect so Liverpool 2-1.

Why would you not want things in the balance on Sunday? Just to spare yourself a nerve racking afternoon and potential disappointment? C’mon - man up!! 😂 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2020 at 18:19, Nalis said:

Dont know if I can face tonights match as it will go something like this:

- Some promising play from both sides

- Southampton having a couple of half chances as they get more into the game around 20 minutes in

- As Southampton are on top giving some hope, Man U score just before the drinks break.

- The rest of the half is non descript until Man U score in first half injury team

- In the second half nothing will happen. At all. Except for a third Man U goal around the 70 minute mark.

The above was posted before Man U Southampton, swap Southampton with West Ham and you've got tonights expert prediction from me :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

****ing Villa and West Brom are gonna scrape safety/promotion by the skin of their teeth. Bunch of willy pullers. FML. 

:facepalm:

You can see us missing out on Europe on Sunday as well just to rub salt in the wound too. 

Make sure you win the Europa league then.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

****ing Villa and West Brom are gonna scrape safety/promotion by the skin of their teeth. Bunch of willy pullers. FML. 

:facepalm:

You can see us missing out on Europe on Sunday as well just to rub salt in the wound too. 

You better not! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hales said:

I cannot stand him but to be honest would not say no to signing him. His best mates are here and he wouldn't have to move house! Stranger things have happened!

He has a bad attitude... leave him...he ain't worth it