Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Weve got more chance of staying in the fight than wolves next year imo, only so far that Wolves model can take you and that ceiling is probably where you are now. You've over achieved this year and the start of this season in particular shown some good chinks in your armour long term 

19 hours ago, filbertway said:

Patricio

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Boly

Evans

Jonny

Ndidi

Neves

Tielemans

Jota

Jiminez

Swap Moutinho for Tielemans and Vardy for Jota and I'd agree with that. 

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Weve got more chance of staying in the fight than wolves next year imo, only so far that Wolves model can take you and that ceiling is probably where you are now. You've over achieved this year and the start of this season in particular shown some good chinks in your armour long term 

It could be those owners might not stick around given the tentions between UK and China. 

To me Jimenez and Vardy are equals, they just have different attributes, Jimenez is an absolutely class player. Having said that, I'm going.

Patricio

Ricardo

Evans

Boly

Chilwell

Ndidi

Moutinho

Tielemans/Maddison/Neves (can't split them really)

Traore

Vardy

Jota

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

I don't think that anyone can argue that we don't have the better kit. Mrs Spud said she's so pleased that I don't support Wolves. Bloody horrendous (only just in front of Watford). 

Edited by Spudulike

46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think that anyone can argue that we don't have the better kit. Mrs Spud said she's so pleased that I don't support Wolves. Bloody horrendous (only just in front of Watford). 

We've got a better kit but Wolves kit is quite nice I think! When it's more of a gold shade than yellow anyway

Just seen one of those "worst ever PL winning XI" posts on facebook and came across an apparent Leicester fan who for some reason wanted to nominate some Leicester players because some of them were carried that season, e.g Schlupp. lol WTF

Bare in mind this team consisted the likes of Aliadiere, Stepanovs,

1 hour ago, martyn said:

To me Jimenez and Vardy are equals, they just have different attributes, Jimenez is an absolutely class player. Having said that, I'm going.

Patricio

Ricardo

Evans

Boly

Chilwell

Ndidi

Moutinho

Tielemans/Maddison/Neves (can't split them really)

Traore

Vardy

Jota

Apart from Vardy’s worth 6 goals a season more from less games and less chances. Jiménez isn’t bad, but no where near Vardy’s quality in any area.

Traore is the only player who gets in a combined XI for me, and he would be absolutely slated on here most weeks. A classic one great game in 6 player. 
When he’s on, he’s class and better than anything we have, but I’ve seen games where he offers absolutely nothing and Wolves look like they are playing with 10 men.

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Just seen one of those "worst ever PL winning XI" posts on facebook and came across an apparent Leicester fan who for some reason wanted to nominate some Leicester players because some of them were carried that season, e.g Schlupp. lol WTF

Bare in mind this team consisted the likes of Aliadiere, Stepanovs,

Our supporters are proper weirdos at times and do the opposite of supporters of every other club. So many times we look for the negatives and don’t see the quality we have.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Boly

Evans

Jonny

Traore

Ndidi

Moutinho

Jota

Jimenez

Vardy

That’d be a sensational counterattacking side 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

Just now, martyn said:

Jimenez has

Better hold up play

Better link up 

Quicker feet

Better technician

Not to say Vardy is poor in those areas, his actual footballing ability is still criminally underestimated by many, but to say Jimenez is "nowhere near Vardy in any area" is hyperbole. 

Not really, Vardy is an elite level Premier League striker who has proven year after year he can score and provide goals at the highest level. Jiménez is a good player, but he is nowhere near the quality of Vardy.

Given a straight choice between the two, you’d have to be mad to even consider Jiménez. 

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Not really, Vardy is an elite level Premier League striker who has proven year after year he can score and provide goals at the highest level. Jiménez is a good player, but he is nowhere near the quality of Vardy.

Given a straight choice between the two, you’d have to be mad to even consider Jiménez. 

Id go Jimenez as well, he scores a fair few for a player that plays in one of the most boring teams the league has seen.

Vardy is lucky here that he gets to play every single minute of every game. He can play terribly for 2 months and never be in danger of being dropped.

Not many strikers will play as many minutes as Vardy in a season. 

Honestly some people make him out to be this irreplaceable world class striker. Hes a good quality premier league striker, with good pace, who rarely gets injured and never gets dropped (unless the manager wants to be sacked)

He's better than a lot of strikers in this league, but in my opinion people generally overate him on here.

• Haha 4