Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I can’t believe after the results that have happened this season, anyone can say for certain any result is going to happen.

We go into the last weekend with 2 Champions League spots, 2 Europa League spots and 2 relegation places up for grabs.

At least 6 of the last 10 games mean something. 
There have been some pretty amazing results since we came back from lockdown and frankly going into the last day nothing would surprise me.

Luckily for us, we are one of the teams with fete in our own hands. 
Watching Man Utd against Southampton, Chelsea and West Ham they aren’t world beaters in fact they are very similar to us. 
Chelsea most certainly not guaranteed anything against a Wolves team looking to get back into Europe again.

Keep the Faith

1 minute ago, Koke said:

The ideal scenario would be for us to beat United and Chelsea to draw. 

We finish 3rd، Chelsea 4th. United in EL 

Yeah. Let’s have the cake with cream, ice cream and custard!

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Matip & Shaqiri & one of the youngsters looked so out of place when they went up too.

I can say honestly, I think everyone involved in our Trophy Lift felt like they were part of a family & contributed to the season

• Like 3

Well done Liverpool & Klopp.!!

Played some Great football,fully deserve the title.. ..

A Fantastic last Two years,and a five year Journey under Klopp...!!

A Great example of squad & Team building.

Worthy Heroes to Football fans....!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Slightly off-topic...

How does Premier League qualifying for Europe change if Wolves win the Europa League and gain an automatic Champions League spot?

I genuinely don't know.

I think it stays at 7, just 5 of them going into the ECL and 2 in the EL. I think.

3 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Slightly off-topic...

How does Premier League qualifying for Europe change if Wolves win the Europa League and gain an automatic Champions League spot?

I genuinely don't know.

We can have a maximum of 7 teams in Europe. 
4 in the CL 3 in the EL

If Wolves or Man Utd win the EL and do not qualify for CL, this would become 5 and 2.

If Man Utd win EL and finish top 4 we do not get any extra places and it remains 4 in CL and 3 EL.

Spurs  will have a nervous wait regardless of finishing 6th or 7th as Arsenal winning the FA Would mean 7th don’t get a spot.

If Spurs finish 6th and Wolves win the EL and Arsenal win the FA Cup they would not qualify.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think it stays at 7, just 5 of them going into the ECL and 2 in the EL. I think.

Correct. 5 teams in the CL. 

Though if we win the EL and Chelsea end up finishing 5th and also win the CL then 4th would miss out and drop into the EL. Unlikely though as they are 0-3 to Bayern after the first leg. 

First can I say watching how bang average united are, gutted the way this big lead has been throwing away but sunday gives one last chance to do it, I still expect chelsea to get a draw and crawl over the line if not win. But its exciting and the lads have a chance

And that was a mental night of football in the championship.,barnsley and brentford playing a game of basketball knowing both needed to win in the last ten minutes, with barnsley scoring the winner.

Wigan and Fulham doing the same, but they end up drawing which helped neither team, poor wigan though jobbed by the efl.west brom clinging on against qpr to go up. forest blowing 6th in one of the all time bottle jobs on a five goal turnaround to swansea, oh and luton coming from nowhere to stay up.

What a league that it is to be fair.

Edited by twister
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, twister said:

First can I say watching how bang average united are, gutted the way this big lead has been throwing away but sunday gives one last chance to do it, I still expect chelsea to get a draw and crawl over the line if not win. But its exciting and the lads have a chance

And that was a mental night of football in the championship.,barnsley and brentford playing a game of basketball knowing both needed to win in the last ten minutes, with barnsley scoring the winner.

Wigan and Fulham doing the same, but they end up drawing which helped neither team, poor wigan though jobbed by the efl.west brom clinging on against qpr to go up. forest blowing 6th in one of the all time bottle jobs on a five goal turnaround to swansea, oh and luton coming from nowhere to stay up.

What a league that it is to be fair.

To be honest I wish the prem was like this it woukld be fantastic with different teams winning every year, teams going from 2nd to 12th because of a 2 or 3 game skid. Mental!

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

No way that Chelsea lose v Wolves. We have to beat Utd. Tonight’s results given us a slight chance but that’s all it is. 

Wolves are a very, very impressive side and it wouldn't surprise me if they finish higher than us next season if they keep the manager and key players together (and @The Bear may agree)

Good chance Chelsea lose that on Sunday

Doesn't change it for us, we've still got to try and win, although a draw might ultimately do it.

PS. I'm mentally prepared for UEL and anything else on Sunday is a bonus.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Wolves are a very, very impressive side and it wouldn't surprise me if they finish higher than us next season if they keep the manager and key players together (and @The Bear may agree)

Good chance Chelsea lose that on Sunday

Doesn't change it for us, we've still got to try and win, although a draw might ultimately do it.

PS. I'm mentally prepared for UEL and anything else on Sunday is a bonus.

I won’t be surprised when lots of teams finish above us next year! 
European Football will decimate our already sketchy, collective mettle.

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We have a good chance as long as we keep our players and keep adding quality. I'd argue that we would have finished above you this season if it weren't for the introduction of VAR and the daft new handball rule. 

I actually had a look at your final positions since getting back in the Premier League:

14th

1st

12th

9th

9th

3rd-5th 

You've obviously had that amazing season in 15/16, but from then on you've steadily improved the team and finishing position. There's going to be a hell of a fight for top 4 next season between Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves. Maybe for only two places given that Liverpool and Man City will likely have two of them tied up. 

I don't know if missing out on Europe will help or hinder us given that we seem to relish lots of games. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2