Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Well Dawson hasn't lived up to the expectations and Sarr and Welbeck have hardly played which maybe hasn't helped Gracia's cause ?

Flores and the Pozzos left on bad terms so a surprise he has come back really!

Javi is probably a bit unlucky and well as pointed out we have Arsenal and Man City next !!!

But we didn't seem to be very organised and weren't playing that well .

Ofcouse you could blame the players too but they cannot be sacked .

West ham signed some decent players last season and they took a while to bed in; didn't they have an atrocious first 10 games before picking up?

On 08/09/2019 at 15:11, StriderHiryu said:

Someone just posted this on the LCFC Reddit:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/leicester-have-enquired-for-lille-forward-nicolas-pepe/

We signed Ghezzal instead! :teehee:

ghezzal had the look of a you help us out now, we'll help you out in the future. 

Edited by Out Foxed
avoid any hilarious ft banter

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

kanedive.JPG.efb3e2eb270566698cd482d7495258b8.JPG

Tottenham striker Harry Kane has said that he has never dived in his career, hitting back at claims that he has twice done so since the start of the season.

The England international, 26, was accused of diving late on to win a penalty against North London rivals Arsenal last weekend after a challenge from defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos. Kane was also accused of diving in Spurs' previous game against Newcastle, going down easily after a tackle from defender Jamaal Lascelles.

When asked if he has ever dived, Kane said: "Never and, hopefully, I don't have to. I said after the Arsenal game it's a 50/50 one, similar to the one we got given against us at Wembley the year before. It happens in football.

"I am someone who uses his body well, which as a striker you have to do at every level. On the halfway line it's a free kick every day of the week. In the penalty box you don't always get it.

"People's opinions are their opinions. I wasn't concentrating on that sort of stuff. For me, it's about doing my best on the pitch and the most important thing is about winning games."

sorry, Burley and Nicol aren't having any of that  ;)  https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur/story/3937816/spurs-kane-ive-never-dived-in-my-career

No difference between what Harry did at arsenal and vards did against wet spam 15/16

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No difference between what Harry did at arsenal and vards did against wet spam 15/16

I agree.

Not that I'm defending Kane, but he does have a point about free kicks v penalties. Soyuncu made a penalty area lunge/challenge v Bournmouth which looked close to a penalty, but was waved away. I'm sure it would have been a free kick on any other part of the pitch. All players now seem to go down if they are touched by a feather.

The problem has been growing for years, referees will very rarely give a penalty decision unless a player falls. This has encouraged players to go down under the slightest challenge. It's as much the referees fault as it is the players.

But there is no question Kane gets away with it more, being England captain and a player of the mighty Spuds, and the Vardy incident you mention is a clear example of that.

As for Dele Alli.....now there's a real diver.

Heh. Good for Kane tbh. I can't be bothered about diving unless a free kick/ penalty is awarded when it clearly shouldn't be; otherwise, embellishment is necessary to get freekicks from referees in this day and age. Like if Maddison didn't fall over when he was kicked, he'd not be awarded half as many freekicks.

He dived simple as... he anticipated the challenge but Sokratis pulled out last minute... the challenge was a slide tackle and it’s Kane’s back which goes down first. Dive!

I hate all this ‘feel contact and a player deserves down’ the amount of times you see a player get a bit of contact on the top of his body but all of a sudden his leg collapse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

I hate all this ‘feel contact and a player deserves down’ the amount of times you see a player get a bit of contact on the top of his body but all of a sudden his leg collapse.

Likewise when they go down clutching their face after being ghost-tackled in the ankle. Making the incident seem far worse whilst also conveniently hiding their expressions which would otherwise give the game away...

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

No it bloody didn't lol

That Soyuncu lunge wasn't given as a penalty, but most probably would have been a free kick on any other part of the pitch. Just look at some of the feeble challenges that are given as free kicks in normal play, especially on Maddison.

Which was the point I was making about why players dive (or fall over in Kane's case) because they very rarely get a penalty if the don't fall over.

As for the Soyuncu lunge, it was clumsy and I've certainly seen them given (Schlupp v West Ham?!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

That Soyuncu lunge wasn't given as a penalty, but most probably would have been a free kick on any other part of the pitch. Just look at some of the feeble challenges that are given as free kicks in normal play, especially on Maddison.

Which was the point I was making about why players dive (or fall over in Kane's case) because they very rarely get a penalty if the don't fall over.

As for the Soyuncu lunge, it was clumsy and I've certainly seen them given (Schlupp v West Ham?!!)

He didn't do anything hence why Wilson was correctly carded? 

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
We are the latest club to try and modernise our crest and the club have announced a few options but not many have appealed to the fans it seems.

How well did your change of badge go down with the supporters? 

Options E, L and R on that are horrendous.

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
We are the latest club to try and modernise our crest and the club have announced a few options but not many have appealed to the fans it seems.

How well did your change of badge go down with the supporters? 

Option O's a blooming beer label lol

• Haha 3