Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

34 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
We are the latest club to try and modernise our crest and the club have announced a few options but not many have appealed to the fans it seems.

How well did your change of badge go down with the supporters? 

This is the best of them:

2075326158_ScreenShot2019-09-10at20_28_11.png.8c11494a0eb01301f7c6e215da69ec22.png

But this should be on a jar of honey

221346045_ScreenShot2019-09-10at20_28_44.png.f2d18e77c6e59e51a4b04aa8613520a5.png

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
We are the latest club to try and modernise our crest and the club have announced a few options but not many have appealed to the fans it seems.

How well did your change of badge go down with the supporters? 

What's wrong with the hart?

C and H - no.

D - did a '89 Corel student draw that?

A, B, E, I and R are horrendous, similar to Australian rugby or soccer team logos.

F looks nice, but is too lightweight/thin and the hornet looks like a shrimp.

M and S are similarly good, not great (but S could be improved upon, has potential).

G has too much yellow and thin lines.

J reminds me of Wolves.

I like K. Q somewhat, too.

L is an abomination.

N could be from a science fiction movie.

O has too much text.

P is a bit abstract.

T has shades of an atom symbol.

Alternatively, why not go with the old "Golden Boys" moniker? :D

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Probably why they didn't want them leaked !

Apparently 5 will be selected and made public for voting .

Or we can keep the current one !

What’s the significance of the stag? That is on the badge currently? I know you are known as the hornets, but is there a need to change?

We changed from a running fox to back to foxes head in the early 90s, not sure why but as we kept the fox I don’t remember it being a big deal, although, there was no social media in those days for people to jump up and think their opinions need to be validated, whilst whining about everything a club does. 

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s the significance of the stag? That is on the badge currently? I know you are known as the hornets, but is there a need to change?

We changed from a running fox to back to foxes head in the early 90s, not sure why but as we kept the fox I don’t remember it being a big deal, although, there was no social media in those days for people to jump up and think their opinions need to be validated, whilst whining about everything a club does. 

It's a hart, a male red deer. It's the symbol of Hertfordshire 

• Like 1

They either look too American or too much like Brentford’s badge. K is the best of a mostly wanky bunch but if I was a Watford fan I’d rather have the current one. “Having stronger brand recognition” by having a more modern badge ain’t gonna stop them from being shit 

Change is always odd to begin with. Take the FT Fox banner for example, at first I didn't like how it looked after a change, every time I hit the front page something didn't feel right; two weeks later I couldn't even notice. And going back seeing old pictures on internet-wayback-machine for example when I occasionally want to see what it was like on here years ago, it looks even more odd, but originally it was fine. It's one of those natural human things to appreciate familiarity but half of the time a change is for the best.

D is a template rip-off badge, I think Brentford & now Bristol have exactly the same thing.

E & R are Rugby League

J is actually quite nice and bold, a couple of tweaks and it's acceptable.

L is an abomination

M isn't bad

N is quite good. A couple more tweaks would help

O is a joke

T isn't bad either.

The rest are unremarkable.

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

Should rename this the Watford thread.

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

True. It’s a thread for other clubs team news, results, things going on that are relevant.

Not stuff like new crest ideas for Watford :dunno:

Agree 100%

14 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He didn't do anything hence why Wilson was correctly carded? 

There was a coming together. It was a clumsy attempted lunge/tackle by Soyuncu.

I've seen many penalties given for less, and I still think it would have been a Bournemouth free kick on any other part of the pitch.

But you are right, Wilson was correctly carded for going down too easily. Was Vardy's red card v West Ham correct? And how about the penalty actually given to Schlupp in the same game? All three decisions could have yellow cards for diving, or penalties for very slight challenges. 

Referees have a very difficult job, but they make it harder for themselves because if players don't go down they rarely give a penalty.

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

There was a coming together. It was a clumsy attempted lunge/tackle by Soyuncu.

I've seen many penalties given for less, and I still think it would have been a Bournemouth free kick on any other part of the pitch.

But you are right, Wilson was correctly carded for going down too easily. Was Vardy's red card v West Ham correct? And how about the penalty actually given to Schlupp in the same game? All three decisions could have yellow cards for diving, or penalties for very slight challenges. 

Referees have a very difficult job, but they make it harder for themselves because if players don't go down they rarely give a penalty.

Vardy's was a play on for me and was different in that there was a tangle of legs, just he initiated it, maybe a foul then other way but a dive as such. 

Schlupp's was just hilarious, but then so was west ham's penalty that game. Both awful decisions and both couldn't of had any complaints should they have been booked. 

Soyuncu didn't do anything wrong. it was embarrassing by Wilson, had it been a penalty and not a dive, we'd have certainly heard more of it along other VAR 'failings' so far. 

12 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think the current one looks better than any of them to be fair, what do you reckon? 

Tend to agree.

Some look more akin to an American franchise.

I like the simple basic ones which the current one it.

We have a Hart for "Hertfordshire " but seem the club want a Hornet as it appeals more marketing wise ..