Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It doesn't matter what your distinction is, there'll always be a point at which a player is onside by a millimetre or offside by a millimetre. 

Whether that means a player is an atom or two from being "daylight" clear or not. 

If you write any kind of "benefit of the doubt" in to the law then you immediately add interpretation which means you then bring in inconsistency. 

Personally, I'd like to see more technology in the technology. Every player on the pitch these days is wearing a GPS device, like a big fitbit on an undershirt.

I'd like to see them wear something on that that's tracked by scanners in the ground the same way hawkeye does the goal line technology. It'd mean getting rid of this stupid "any part of the body that can play the ball" and just going off a player's centre of mass (near enough) but there'd be no arguing with it. 

There have already been reports that VAR can be as much as 13cms out. Therefore every marginal decision could be wrong (or right!).

As for more technology, does that mean players will be wearing GPS devices on every part of their body which could possible be offside, like a knee cap, a shin, a hair on a players head? 

For me, it's technology which is making our referees worse, not better. All we'll be talking about after matches is technology, not the matches, which is what is happening in all the reports and highlights I'm seeing over here.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If if and buts were candy and nuts...we'd all have bloody good Christmas.

Yeah, sorry to give an opinion or make comments. Your 4,000 posts have led me astray. :P

21 minutes ago, Pablito said:

I'm not sure which is worse, listening to Martin Tyler or listening to the commentry in Croatian. (which is what I'm doing lol) 

Stick with the Croatian mate!

Over here I always listen to the Thai commentary. I can't understand a word they say and it's so refreshing after listening to the verbal diarrhea from UK pundits and commentators! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThaiFox said:

There have already been reports that VAR can be as much as 13cms out. Therefore every marginal decision could be wrong (or right!).

As for more technology, does that mean players will be wearing GPS devices on every part of their body which could possible be offside, like a knee cap, a shin, a hair on a players head? 

For me, it's technology which is making our referees worse, not better. All we'll be talking about after matches is technology, not the matches, which is what is happening in all the reports and highlights I'm seeing over here.

Funny ...  when I was down the pub all we talked about was the match and how we played ...  who was MOTM etc ...     VAR was only mentioned briefly when we all agreed it was like we had scored when their goal was disallowed and became the turning point of the match ...   only on here where it’s discussed to death.  

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

The way we deal with Newcastle next week, the league's notorious bus parkers, will show us what we are about.

Not sure it will to be honest.

It just seems nowadays its "on the day". Form and predictability doesnt seem to exist unless youre Liverpool or Man City.

I could see Leicester winning and looking good, yet see newcastle spoiling the party almost in equal measure

12 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out but this must be the most miserable line up of pundits ever assembled. Souness, Mourinho and Keane.....enjoy the game everyone!

To be honest I prefer grumpy pissed off pundits, Keane adds that bit of menace, give me these 3 over the Jamie Redknapps. Martin Tyler needs to go though, he’s well past his best.

21 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh I don’t think it was such a piss take. I think you meant it. No harm done I’m sure. All humanity ever does is scream into the ether. Almost everything we discuss or talk about is in the past. 

Oh and surely, if I did, I put words at your fingertips - unless you dictate your posts?

😃

good bants though. I look forward to more. 

The two are not mutually exclusive 👍

Don't be so pedantic 😂

I take your points. I'm just allergic to backward looking self pity / regret. Spent too much of my life around that stuff, so I tried to make light of it. 

Just now, whetstonefox said:

To be honest I prefer grumpy pissed off pundits, Keane adds that bit of menace, give me these 3 over the Jamie Redknapps. Martin Tyler needs to go though, he’s well past his best.

I prefer 3 really tasty looking bints cus I’m all for equality.    :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

When was The last Time that Spurs,Arsenal,Manutd,& Chelsea,all lost on the same weekend....One can also throw in Everton.!!!!

I know the games arent yet complete...but....times are a changing.!!!.:bounce:

I understood every word of that ..   I think I need a drink ...   :D

• Like 1