Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

14 minutes ago, Donk said:

Does he think cutting up his shirt is going to make any point to anyone about anything except how much of a tosser he is?

Even if Emery got sacked hed still need a new shirt. Plonker.

He'll be down the club shop in the morning spending another £80 after their win today. 

20 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Villa are a joke and should be launched in to space, useless and clueless, long may it continue, bunch of cousin kissing toss pots. 

I like tossing pots, and kissing cousins...better than tossing cousins,and kissing pots....:jump:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Pablito said:

I know its very early in the season but just starting to wonder which manager will be the first to go, Solksjaer, Emery or Silva and maybe even Flores.My money is on Steve Bruce! 

Steve Bruce is safe. Newcastle don't pay out managers too often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

The two are not mutually exclusive 👍

Don't be so pedantic 😂

I take your points. I'm just allergic to backward looking self pity / regret. Spent too much of my life around that stuff, so I tried to make light of it. 

And that sir is fair enough. Our paths, though, are littered with regrets, whether recognised or ignored - they are still there. Some dwell and others do not. As Foxes fans we’ve had a few. 

Anyhow I like being pedantic. 🧐

And I too take your points onboard. 

Edited by ARM1968

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It's nuts. 

Any manager loses two games and they are at risk. 

Remember when we couldn't buy a win for ages and ages under Pearson and the club stuck by him? 

I know we have serious ups and downs but I genuinely think we have more fun and enjoyment from following our club than some of these Arsenal fans, for example. So many have been conditioned to accept a certain way that anything less or different appears to make following football a joyless waste of time.

Really enjoying this season.  Great to see some different teams up near the top and I love to see some of the "big 6" struggling.  it's about time things got shaken up a bit and glad we're involved in upsetting the established order again.  Early days of course but it looks like at least 1 new team with break the top 6 and 1 of the big 6 will finish lower than usual.  Hopefully it is us but if not then I hope some of the other smaller teams get right up there.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Really enjoying this season.  Great toes some different up near the top and I love to see some of the "big 6" struggling.  it's about time things got shaken up a bit and glad we're involved in upsetting the established order again.  Early days of course but it looks like at least 1 new team with break the top 6 and 1 of the big 6 will finish lower than usual.  Hopefully it is us but if not then I hope some of the other smaller teams get right up there.  X

Great toes :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Anyone else noticed that thanks to N'Golo's goal v Liverpool we now have the joint best defence in the Premier League?

Just five goals conceded in six games and never more than one in any match.

Jonny, Cags, Kasper etc - take a bow!

It's super impressive given we'd literally just lost the most expensive defender in the history of the game. Not only that but we've already played Wolves, Chelsea, Man United and Spurs - all teams that finished above us last year and are still top 3. If you look at some of the fixtures other teams have played, our points haul is even more impressive. Also of the goals we have conceded, one was a penalty, one was Ndidi dawdling on the ball and one was Harry Kane somehow scoring despite falling over lol.

Only the Man U game was disappointment in my book, just because as they showed again today they are awful. If they didn't get that penalty they would not have scored and we just didn't believe we could beat them. I think after the Spurs game our confidence will be much higher now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Anyone else noticed that thanks to N'Golo's goal v Liverpool we now have the joint best defence in the Premier League?

Just five goals conceded in six games and never more than one in any match.

Jonny, Cags, Kasper etc - take a bow!

I accept im ready to be shot down, but lots of teams seem to be ridiculously open these days to the point of costing themselves games, and i think the notion of being "solid" first and foremost has gone out of the window.

If you look at pound for pound, ability vs results gained, teams like Burnley and Palace are up there in those stakes off the back of being very solid and compact.

Its entertaining to watch, but defending seems to be a lost art