Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I still think top 4 is a long way off, but I'm starting to feel like Arsenal and United at home are 'must wins'. I'd really like us to push the top 6 as much as possible. 

Top four is on.

We thought Man Utd & Arsenal would be catchable and the evidence so far this season is there for all to see. Chelsea look vulnerable as well with Hazard gone and poor results this season. Even Tottenham could hit the wall with so many of their players in the last year of their contracts and Pochettino may lose the dressing room. 

Of the best of the rest last season and the clubs looking to force there way into the top six then Watford, Wolves and Everton have had terrible starts. Only West Ham look like they're capable of challenging for Europe this season.

We've got 11pts from 6 games and already played four of the clubs who finished in the top seven last season. Just as importantly we've beaten both the two clubs that didn't and if we're going to challenge then we need to be beating Bournemouth at home and Sheff Utd away. 

Nothing to fear for us about getting a top four spot. 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Little from column A and a little from column B.

Both European finals were all English ties a couple of months ago but 3rd to 6th do all seem to be on the slide. United are awful, Chelsea rebuilding, Spurs slowly falling apart, Arsenal still gash at the back. Us sitting in 3rd after looking quite lacklustre for a fair amount of the season so far probably says it all 

The money that mid and lower table sides have has made a big difference. The top 6 cannot weaken the mid table as they used to. It's not just us that have resisted the "big clubs".

This is leveling the playing field a lot, bar the big 2.

Just now, foxinsox said:

The money that mid and lower table sides have has made a big difference. The top 6 cannot weaken the mid table as they used to. It's not just us that have resisted the "big clubs".

This is leveling the playing field a lot, bar the big 2.

Except that now they will get the lions share of overseas tv money the gap will widen again

• Like 1

Just now, weller54 said:

Right up to 8..th. 

The more the so called big clubs are beaten, the more other teams will believe they can be beaten. It's great for us if we can keep going as we are, because when we really click into gear we should be really in with a chance.

Apart from Man City & Liverpool, the other two places in the top 4 is wide open this season.

The other so called big clubs all look pretty average and very beatable this season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He signed a contract worth £70m+

his deal here was worth another £16m to him.  it’s his career .......he doesn’t have any real emotional affinity for Lcfc ....... 

his agent did v well for both the player and himself !

This (from a piece on Watford’s decline) reinforces your point.  Maguire was always going to be a temp. 

The Athletic has also learnt that Watford had the opportunity to sign Harry Maguire before he left Hull in 2017 only for other candidates to be preferred. At the time, it’s thought his representatives considered a move to Vicarage Road to be at the same level as that of Leicester City and would be the perfect next step before making a subsequent move to a top-six side.

But hey.  We bought the car for ₤17M, drove the wheels off it for two years, and sold it for ₤80M.  The replacement drives pretty hot, and still has that new car smell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Pablito said:

I'm not sure which is worse, listening to Martin Tyler or listening to the commentry in Croatian. (which is what I'm doing lol) 

Stick with Drago, Tyler's commentary is basically just a cringe worthy string of pre-rehearsed puns and cliches, makes me want to watch it on mute... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Dear ARM1968, 

Thank you for rising to a piss take. And also for not realising the wider point, which is the utter futility of screaming into the ether. And also thank you for putting words into my mouth that were never implied, thus allowing me to remain atop my highest of horses. 

Take 100 lines, and repeat in Bart Simpson fashion 'if only we'd bought better after the title, we'd be permanently in the top 4 by now'. 

Yours in great amusement, 

Captain Sanctimonious. 

Oh I don’t think it was such a piss take. I think you meant it. No harm done I’m sure. All humanity ever does is scream into the ether. Almost everything we discuss or talk about is in the past. 

Oh and surely, if I did, I put words at your fingertips - unless you dictate your posts?

😃

good bants though. I look forward to more.