Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Is it really irrational? 

They're the pantomime villains of football for everyone that grew up in the nineties. 

Anyone growing up in Leicestershire in the 90s having to deal with all the glory supporting Man Utd supporters who had no ties to Manchester makes it perfectly rational. I have lived in Manchester for seventeen years and their fans here are mostly ok but I still can’t let it go.

• Like 1

Fed up of listening to Neville. "Spend hundreds of millions more, the bench isn't strong enough, where are the characters?"

They've already spent hundreds of millions. They are pretty fortunate to be in a position to continue to spend hundreds of millions. If they are choosing youth over experience, it is their decision. No-one forced them to get rid of Lukaku, or Sanchez, and replace them with kids.

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

I won't put the defeat on Cags. It was a rash challenge, yes but the problem was elsewhere.

we lost to a pen 

he gave the pen away 

that fooked the game plan up 

players have to take responsibility ....I’m sure cags did at half time 

all part of his education in this league .....

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Maguire had the look of a man full of regret then. Shame. 

He made the wrong move and should have held out for Man City. With their current injury crisis they will be in for a CB in January even if some of them recover, and I think they would have paid the big bucks because they need a player for depth. He's got a great pay cheque at Man United, but they are miles away from being competitive. I reckon it was his agent that pushed him to join TBH.

At the same time, I honestly think it's benefited our club. Not only do we get the money in the bank but I think as a pairing that Soyuncu and Evnas are better than Soyuncu and Maguire. Soyuncu's pace means we have one defender that is a physical beast and one that can cover the ground. It reminds me of Vidic and Ferdinand of Man United in some way.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Did anyone else with US coverage hear Robbie Earl there?

Three teams should be challenging the top four, Newcastle, Everton and West Ham.. erm?

Everton and Newcastle had a great weekend in pursuit of top 4 football then didn’t they  

Man Utd are so bad man I can't believe we lost to them last weekend. The fans can't enjoy watching them, it's not as if they play good stuff and lose they are just shit.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

These results just aren't a shock anymore. It's highly conceivable that United could finish midtable this season

I agree however it seems like many teams considered midtable teams are struggling, Watford, Everton, Wolves, Palace, that will save Man Utd from finishing midtable I think, they just be above midtable I think.

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

West Ham go level on points with us. Why are people happy about this? A draw would have been great.

A draw would have been great, the best result for us, but no matter what we want it'd make no difference, not sure anyone's happy, laughing at Man Utd yes,

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

General irrational hatred of yanited .......

Irrational? Really?

Out of all the 'top' teams I used to 'like' Man Utd the most, but in recent years, when they've been struggling I think many of the glory hunters have been hung out to dry and seen for what they really are and they don't like it, alot of people find that highly amusing.

(The same could be said for many pundits and Glory Hunters alike)

I said it over the summer and i'll continue to say it these 'Mighty Manchester United', 'One of the best teams in the world' comments don't wash anymore, they're cliches.

A taste of their own medicine if you will.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Man Utd are so bad man I can't believe we lost to them last weekend. The fans can't enjoy watching them, it's not as if they play good stuff and lose they are just shit.

I know, it's hard to be pissed off when we're sitting 3rd in the league :D but we should still be unbeaten, knowing us we'll probably be the only team Utd do the double over this season.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree however it seems like many teams considered midtable teams are struggling, Watford, Everton, Wolves, Palace, that will save Man Utd from finishing midtable I think, they just be above midtable I think.

Yeah you could be right. We've really got to put a good sequence of results together. I don't think there will be a better opportunity to break into the top 6

Edited by foxfanazer