Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Apart from Liverpool and Man City, i cant work out whether the overall standard of the league has improved to the extent we have one of the most broadly talented and best quality leagues weve ever had.

Or is it a case of the regression of bigger teams allowing the unfashionable West Ham's, Norwich's and Crystal Palace's to REGULARLY pick up these once "unexpected" results.

I have genuinely no idea if its the former or the latter

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Actually think that's a good point by Carra. 

Even if you think some of the ultra fractional decisions might not be 100% technology wise, it's still consistent. It's the same consistent technology drawing the line on the pitch and it's still more consistent than having linesmen guessing which literally nobody liked. 

You'd have things flagged offside that were several feet on or visa versa last year. Now we're arguing over millimetres? 

Tyler saying you don't get done for doing 51mph in a 50 zone is ****ing retarded. As has been said already, there has to be a cut off somewhere with offsides. You can't just let something go because its a BIT offside. 

I was about to post to make a similar point, Carra was spot on with what he said. People have been crying out for consistency, now we have it and its too consistent for some.

And Martin Tyler is an idiot, why compare two things that have absolutely nothing in common. 

• Like 2

Just now, Donk said:

Apart from Liverpool and Man City, i cant work out whether the overall standard of the league has improved to the extent we have one of the most broadly talented and best quality leagues weve ever had.

Or is it a case of the regression of bigger teams allowing the unfashionable West Ham's, Norwich's and Crystal Palace's to REGULARLY pick up these once "unexpected" results.

I have genuinely no idea if its the former or the latter

Little from column A and a little from column B.

Both European finals were all English ties a couple of months ago but 3rd to 6th do all seem to be on the slide. United are awful, Chelsea rebuilding, Spurs slowly falling apart, Arsenal still gash at the back. Us sitting in 3rd after looking quite lacklustre for a fair amount of the season so far probably says it all 

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Oh well that it's now .

From 1-1 to 2-0 in seconds .

Yep. An overruled goal by VAR changes the psychology of a game in much the same way as a missed penalty. The score is unchanged but the players go flat. It happened to us after Wilfs goal and then to Spurs after Aurier's was ruled out. We, and the players, are going to have to get used to this...

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Actually think that's a good point by Carra. 

Even if you think some of the ultra fractional decisions might not be 100% technology wise, it's still consistent. It's the same consistent technology drawing the line on the pitch and it's still more consistent than having linesmen guessing which literally nobody liked. 

You'd have things flagged offside that were several feet on or visa versa last year. Now we're arguing over millimetres? 

Tyler saying you don't get done for doing 51mph in a 50 zone is ****ing retarded. As has been said already, there has to be a cut off somewhere with offsides. You can't just let something go because its a BIT offside. 

Ok but at least change it back to daylight, or something clearer than yesterday. I don't really want to be the fan of the team that loses a cup final or gets relegated because someone's spent five minutes deciding if a player's finger was offside. 

Just now, Pablito said:

I don't know why i hate him but i could quite happily put a few drawing pins on the bench as Henderson is about to sit down. 

A big part of it for me is that, realistically, he has absolutely no right to be in a team as good as this...

...but without him, they probably wouldn’t tick like they do. Sometimes you just can’t explain things? 

What people seem to ignore without VAR we would have been 1 nil up irrespective of how far off side we were. A goal had been given based on pre VAR 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

London based media darlings suffering from VAR second day running. Odds on Sun headline tomorrow being "A step too VAR?"

It's why I can't stand any London clubs. The media hype around them is so annoying, and I live in Thailand so it must be 100 times worse in the UK!!