Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

As Leicester fans we need Liverpool to win this or at least draw but..... 

Having been at anfield the other week this 45 minutes has been a thing of beauty to watch!

I've got about 250 riding on us finishing within 33 points of them so for me the odd loss and a tight title race suits.

Thought the new rules were accidental or not a handball would be called, it was handball so right decision. Also even though he was kicked he went over far to theatrically. Nice actually to think that the officials are aware of this falling over and not fooled by Klopp's fake outrage last time out

• Like 2

Souness saying that’s a foul is comedy gold. If that’s a foul he’d have been sent off within 5 minutes of every game he played! 

**** that, he’d have been banged up for assault! 

Edited by Manini

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Doesn’t matter anymore though with the new law. If it hits the hand accidentally or not, it’s disallowed 

Stupid though isn’t it. If we go with that then the United goal shouldn’t stand for the foul. Even though contact is minimal there’s still contact.

Not that I care to much, because I don’t care who wins, but VAR I don’t like it.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Sorry that is never a foul by Lindelof. You've been absolutely brainwashed by diving if you genuinely think that contact was unfair.

Where's the dive?

Lindelof significantly kicks Origi's shin. Origi goes down. If someone does that on Vardy, we're baying for a free-kick.

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm all for VAR, but I have to admit the Premier League have made a right fudge of its implementation.

Shock! No consistency whatsoever and has just made the officials lazy. Atkinson should be seeing that as a foul without the aid of VAR

Guest Markyblue
Just now, KingsX said:

Those new teeth were expensive.  He shouldn't grind them so much

At least we know where shergars teeth went.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Stupid though isn’t it. If we go with that then the United goal shouldn’t stand for the foul. Even though contact is minimal there’s still contact.

Not that I care to much, because I don’t care who wins, but VAR I don’t like it.

Not really because the law isn't "contact = foul". I can see why a referee would look at that challenge and decide there wasn't really enough force to warrant giving a free kick, whereas under the new laws the Mane incident is basically the exact definition of handball.