Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

One of my best weekends on FPL Draft for a while - Vardy, Tielemans, Pereira, McNeil, Maupay, Abraham scoring 59 points. Schmeichel on my bench. Still got Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijanldum, Robertson & Doherty to play!

I haven't bothered with the draft...  Got enough problems trying to beat my friend in the 'normal' FPL league :P :( 

Ten games in, who do you think is in line for the drop this season? I think Southampton,  Newcastle and Norwich (sadly) will be relegated. Watford will wiggle their way clear in the new year. Aston Villa and Sheffield look solid enough to stay up, in fact I think the Blades will be solidly midtable. I really like Norwich but no one will stay up with that defence 

Southampton lol we have relegated them already!

Can't see Watford getting out. They seemed to have stemmed the flow of goals going in one end, but still don't score enough.

Norwich will probably go too. Will get a few good results due to their attacking style, but its not good enough to constantly sweep teams aside and they are poor defensively.

The last spot is though. I think Sheff Utd will be ok, they are very tough to beat, don't concede many and have enough qualify to get their fair share of goals. Villa are playing decent stuff, so think they'll be lower midtable. Brighton play good football, so think they'll stay up too. Newcastle and Southampton aren't always as poor as the beatings we dished out to them. At times I can see enough there that might save them, but wouldn't be surprised if they go. Gonna throw Everton in there. Look so weak mentally, not a particularly deep squad, always likely to ship goals. They are a collection of decent players who haven't been put together as a decent team. Sacking Silva may change that. So last spot is between Everton, Newcastle and Southampton.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would require Norwich beating them by 5 goals... I think I'd enjoy that almost as much as our evisceration of Southampton

I had to look that up, I'll be using it on our next 0-9 win...:)

• Like 1

Steve Bruce going through all the "big teams" they've already faced this season and forgets to mention the one that smashed his team 5-0 lol

Not to fussed who wins this one, guess a Newcastle win would make it interesting. Draw in the Palace Arsenal game and Liverpool Spurs to would be great, and would leave the top 4 with a 4 point cushion. Hoping Norwich beat Man Utd obviously.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Steve Bruce going through all the "big teams" they've already faced this season and forgets to mention the one that smashed his team 5-0 lol

Yet they've played Norwich, Watford and Brighton as well and managed two points with one meaningful goal (even that should've been ruled out). Their tougher games have brought four more points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanya said:

Ten games in, who do you think is in line for the drop this season? I think Southampton,  Newcastle and Norwich (sadly) will be relegated. Watford will wiggle their way clear in the new year. Aston Villa and Sheffield look solid enough to stay up, in fact I think the Blades will be solidly midtable. I really like Norwich but no one will stay up with that defence 

Southampton lol we have relegated them already!

I think the three who are there now - Norwich, Southampton, Watford. 

Southampton and Watford seem to lack goals.

I thought Palace would be lower than they are atm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh right. To be honest, I find Norwich beating Man Utd by 5 goals a little more likelylol Newcastle Wolves has 0-0 written all over it

Especially with Harry marshalling their defence and Pukki running rings around him

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Our 3rd kit, inspired by Adidas' Mexico kit, and the fact that Raul Jimenez plays for us. 

So that’s why I’ve been thinking "dos a zero" since kickoff …

Make it happen Toon!

Start by subbing a footballer on for Miggy.