Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone else getting excited? We are getting closer to the day Emery is sacked and Tony Adams comes in to return Arsenal to their glory days!

Not til after 9th Nov please. Don't mind us putting the final nail in the coffin. 

Was it 15/16 where 3 managers were sacked after we played them? Mourinho, Monk and another? 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fans like this deserve a shit side tbh. A dressing gown to a football game lol

Damn! Do we sell those? Could use a new LCFC bathrobe lol Do you guys celebrate Halloween? Trick or Treat!

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not til after 9th Nov please. Don't mind us putting the final nail in the coffin. 

Was it 15/16 where 3 managers were sacked after we played them? Mourinho, Monk and another? 

Sherwood or Garde? I’m sure we did it for one of the villa chuckle brothers. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Weird rant here; getting a little irritated with all praise Chelsea are getting for using their younger players and giving them opportunities etc. We all know if they didn't have this transfer ban maybe half of these wouldn't have got near the first team, even fewer given chances to start.

It's great the players are getting chances and doing well, but we shouldn't forget  that this is just because of a situation they got themselves into

I wonder how many are actual graduates of Chelsea development rather than brought in as 12-16 year olds. 

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I wonder how many are actual graduates of Chelsea development rather than brought in as 12-16 year olds. 

All of them lol

Mount, Tomori, James, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham have all been with Chelsea since they were under 10.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Weird rant here; getting a little irritated with all praise Chelsea are getting for using their younger players and giving them opportunities etc. We all know if they didn't have this transfer ban maybe half of these wouldn't have got near the first team, even fewer given chances to start.

It's great the players are getting chances and doing well, but we shouldn't forget  that this is just because of a situation they got themselves into

Ironically only Mount started against us. Lampard didn't immediately seem trust Abraham and Tomori. Those players are supplemented by about £300 million worth of talent. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ironically only Mount started against us. Lampard didn't immediately seem trust Abraham and Tomori. Those players are supplemented by about £300 million worth of talent. 

Exactly, its great they're performing well but the praise they're getting is slightly irritating given the circumstance they're forgetting.

Also I'd probably look okay in a team worth £300mill plus 

Edited by UniFox21

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's fair to suggest if Chelsea didn't have a transfer ban they would just splash £50m on a striker and £60m on a CAM instead of playing Mount and Abraham. But the fact that Lampard is still getting results with these youngsters is impressive and should be praised.

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

It's fair to suggest if Chelsea didn't have a transfer ban they would just splash £50m on a striker and £60m on a CAM instead of playing Mount and Abraham. But the fact that Lampard is still getting results with these youngsters is impressive and should be praised.

Not suggesting they shouldn't get praise for the performances, they have played really well. It's the praise for giving them opportunities and the chances to play that irritate me. We know Chelsea would've happily spent huge sums on a centre half, a CAM and striker first instead of giving opportunities to youth. 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not suggesting they shouldn't get praise for the performances, they have played really well. It's the praise for giving them opportunities and the chances to play that irritate me. We know Chelsea would've happily spent huge sums on a centre half, a CAM and striker first instead of giving opportunities to youth. 

They could easily have stuck with playing Luiz, Giroud, Pedro etc every week. I'm convinced Lampard would've given the kids a fair crack regardless, especially as his assistant Jody Morris played a big part in their development as an academy coach.

Credit where it's due

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goober said:

They could easily have stuck with playing Luiz, Giroud, Pedro etc every week. I'm convinced Lampard would've given the kids a fair crack regardless, especially as his assistant Jody Morris played a big part in their development as an academy coach.

Credit where it's due

You're potentially Lampard did give youth players a chance when at Derby, I'm just not convinced they'd have as much game time or opportunities had the transfer ban not been in place. The threshold for performances would be higher too if they had been able to spend freely. I'm not saying they don't deserve praise, I just think the praise given needs to have the context of the transfer ban and all that comes with it.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I didn't realise they have Man C away in the cup and then in the league ffs lollol

Yeah its a rotten bit of luck, but could quite easily lead to a lot more issues if the performances are bad. 

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

All well and good them getting excited, they will ALL be replaced when that Transfer Embargo is lifted :crylaugh:

Just now, Fox92 said:

Can we just win it.

CBA between Liverpool fans and a fanbase who sing we stabbed Ranieri in the back when it's got nothing to do with them.

If we did stab him in the back it was because we couldn't go on and he wouldn't change... what did they want us to do?

How did they treat dogleash..benettez... Rogers?

• Like 1

Liverpool (Well RAWK)  constantly play the victim card (For some weird reason), but this behaviour does not seem anywhwere near so common on the Everton forums (maybe I need to look closer)

Bit weird. :dunno:

In terms of who wins the league - unless its us, don`t care.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Liverpool (Well RAWK)  constantly play the victim card (For some weird reason), but this behaviour does not seem anywhwere near so common on the Everton forums (maybe I need to look closer)

Bit weird. :dunno:

In terms of who wins the league - unless its us, don`t care.

I think man city will reel them in like last year.... my favourite game was to watch their fans when we equalised at Anfield 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Have we ever booed off a player?! 

You must be a young un. City fans have excelled over the years at singling out players.

Pen 3 chanting Fook Off Willis was particularly memorable. Paul Reid. Mark Bright. Ashley Ward. Mike Hooper. Philpott. Akinbiyi. Ormondroyd. The list is extensive and I'm too tired to go on. 

Nathan Blake was booed as he came on one match because fans wanted to see Trevor Benjamin instead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Can we just win it.

CBA between Liverpool fans and a fanbase who sing we stabbed Ranieri in the back when it's got nothing to do with them.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

If we did stab him in the back it was because we couldn't go on and he wouldn't change... what did they want us to do?

How did they treat dogleash..benettez... Rogers?

isn't it man city fans that sing that to us ??  bit rich considering what they did to mancini …….