Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Not sure what is best for us. Pool win or draw. Like to think that if they drop a few points it could give us a chance to catch them but realistically I think the fight is for 3&4 places. Spuds losing is always good for laugh and the the farther behind us the better in terms of us securing an European place. Arsenal / palace draw suits us for the same reason and we have both of them coming up. Just a shame about Man Utd winning

Just now, urban fox said:

Not sure what is best for us. Pool win or draw. Like to think that if they drop a few points it could give us a chance to catch them but realistically I think the fight is for 3&4 places. Spuds losing is always good for laugh and the the farther behind us the better in terms of us securing an European place. Arsenal / palace draw suits us for the same reason and we have both of them coming up. Just a shame about Man Utd winning

As someone pointed out - that will postpone OGS sacking - the longer that clown hangs around the less chance they have of doing anything 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Liverpool get a penalty nearly every game it seems like. Every single one of them soft or a dive. The media and refs doing everything to help Liverpool to the title. 

Immature utter shite comment. Blinkered and ignorant. 

I'm not a Red BTW.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Liverpool penalty is absolutely a foul but Mane is falling before he even gets touched. 

Correct. Still contact though that, in an area outside the penalty area, would be a free kick. Therefore a pen.

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbh Spurs were naive to try and sit on a one goal lead, especially from minute 1. They invited too much pressure on themselves 

Yes but Liverpool were pretty poor in the first half. Spuds could have pressed and got a second whilst Liverpool were so ragged.

15 minutes ago, surrifox said:

As someone pointed out - that will postpone OGS sacking - the longer that clown hangs around the less chance they have of doing anything 

Sorry, but OGS by no way a clown. He was a legendary player for Man U. I would agree that he is not a PL quality manager and has been appointed MU manager because of his history with them. He has a lot of respect in the football world as a decent, honest, hardworking and genuinely nice person. Not a clown.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Sorry, but OGS by no way a clown. He was a legendary player for Man U. I would agree that he is not a PL quality manager and has been appointed MU manager because of his history with them. He has a lot of respect in the football world as a decent, honest, hardworking and genuinely nice person. Not a clown.

Agreed look at what he's achieved in his career. Bit rich being called a clown by some plumber/accountant/whatever from Blaby!  

Screenshot_20191027_191043_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Incredible scenes at Arsenal, where their captain is booed off, who promptly cups his ears then throws his jersey to the floor! I don't think I have ever seen anything like this in football!

http://streamable.com/zxcn6

Football really can be incredible. Makes me so thankful that Leicester as a club and fan base are in a really good place, with everyone throughout the club pulling together.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yes but Liverpool were pretty poor in the first half. Spuds could have pressed and got a second whilst Liverpool were so ragged.

If Liverpool were poor, then even bigger questions of "why didn't they press" or at least attack?  

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

We fully deserve to be there too.

If we could get 4 points out of 6 from Arsenal and Palace, or dare I say a full 6 we would be in an incredible position! TBH the way we are playing I think that even when we lose or have a slip-up (which will of course come at some point), that we will recover from it. Our team looks mentally strong to me, which I think is because of players like Kasper, Evans and Vardy being in the spine of the team.

Quite impressed that BR kept the lads going in the second half and wouldn't tolerate any slacking. Jonny Evans getting pissed off with Maddison for wasting too much time on celebrating the 8th goal and Kasper barking orders all the time will keep our young lads in good stead. 

One of the most impressive things about our 9-0 win was how ruthless and focused we were when the game was long won. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3