Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There is no basis to say what a result would have been without VAR. Take our match vs Spurs. Without VAR we go 1-0 up. Does that mean we would have won the game anyway? Would we have drawn? No one can predict.

Same with Wolves at home. Would we have lost 0-1? Or would we have scored an equaliser anyway?

You can't say if this didn't happen, then this WOULD have happened. The slightest change could drastically change what happens next and the outcome, especially in a football match. The only time you can actually say something would have affected a game is if VAR decided something with literally the last kick of the game. Otherwise it's anyone's guess.

And let's not worry about what could have been, always look forward.

P.s. this is not going against the poster, just the article and basis of these sort of findings. Media have to keep people entertained I guess...

You sodding wan.....oh wait... lol  ya the article IMO is stupid as way to many variables come into play in var decisions that are go or no go. Just sharing for others :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So... we're shit?

I hate all this xG bollocks. 

Say we finish top 4 this season. In 5/6 years am I going to remember our xG after our first 9 games? Am I fvck. 

The only 'stat' that really matters is the points column and scoring goals, conceding less. 

If we only created so few chances, according to xG, does that just mean we're more prolific and take our chances well? And if teams have higher xG, and aren't doing so well, are they shit as well?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Say we finish top 4 this season. In 5/6 years am I going to remember our xG after our first 9 games? Am I fvck. 

The only 'stat' that really matters is the points column and scoring goals, conceding less. 

If we only created so few chances, according to xG, does that just mean we're more prolific and take our chances well? And if teams have higher xG, and aren't doing so well, are they shit as well?

This is one of those case they're taking a stat and taking it way too seriously. Liverpool are only 2 above us and they haven't felt the need to say they aren't sustainable 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I had no idea he was getting abuse like that but like some of the comments say, it's almost always behind an anonymous account.

That's utterly vile abuse to give and to read.

Quite a well written statement and stops short of an apology but I don't blame him.  He gets abuse like that and is then humiliated by the fans at the match and then hung, drawn and quartered for getting angry and giving a little bit back.  Arsenal fans need to have good look at themselves instead of boo-hooing about his behaviour.

Edited by murphy

Can't believe he hasn't apologised to be honest.

You don't tell our own fans to **** off. It's not like it's any sort of majority is talking about his wife etc and I appreciate that that has wound him up.

He can't carry on as Arsenal captain IMO.

Edited by AKCJ

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I had no idea he was getting abuse like that but like some of the comments say, it's almost always behind an anonymous account.

That's utterly vile abuse to give and to read.

What a bunch of vile examples of the worst of humanity (and i use the term lightly, Neanderthal would be closer to the mark) Arsenal fans are.

I know that some sections of our fans are not exactly angelic and i did not like the booing of the likes of Ghezall and Nacho last season but as far as i know they have not been subjected to that kind of abuse. There are some really sick people out there hiding behind keyboards. Surely the authorities and phone companies can trace the source (ip address etc) back to these b*stards and mete out the punishment they deserve. When you add this to the actual physical attacks outside Ozil's house recently this sort of thing should be taken seriously and fully investigated.

The ironic thing is that in the grand scheme of things, Arsenal have been relatively consistent top 4 finishers and have picked up a few cups over recent times, which just goes to show what an over entitled bunch of w^nkers populate their terraces.

Edited by urban fox

This XG stuff is absolutely amazing haha. An arsenal fan and journo rang up Talksport after they lost to Sheffield united and complained about the arsenal fans slagging their team off. He said “our xg was much better than when Leicester won there” who the hell cares. You don’t get goals and points for nearly scoring! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think the point they're making is that it is unsustainable to be this prolific and score at the rate we are creating chances. Logically it makes sense. If we kept this up we would probably score 100 goals or something. Which we wont, hence our xG is always brought up.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Can't believe he hasn't apologised to be honest.

You don't really our own fans to **** off. It's not like it's any sort of majority is talking about his wife etc and I appreciate that that has wound him up.

He can't carry on as Arsenal captain IMO.

Disagree massively here, no one should get that sort of abuse in the workplace. It has to go two ways. You don’t stick two fingers up at your own fans, at the same time you shouldn’t abuse your own players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The arsenal fans should be apologising to Xhaka not the other way around. 

At least he puts a shift in. He can't help being not good enough or getting picked. All he can do is try his best and I do believe he does. 

Abusing a guy for that is shameful. 

Meanwhile they all treat Ozil like a hero when he's a lazy, cowardly, inconsistent, spoilt little wuss with all the fighting spirit of a blancmange and they wonder why they haven't won anything in years. 

This exactly