Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Incredible scenes at Arsenal, where their captain is booed off, who promptly cups his ears then throws his jersey to the floor! I don't think I have ever seen anything like this in football!

http://streamable.com/zxcn6

Football really can be incredible. Makes me so thankful that Leicester as a club and fan base are in a really good place, with everyone throughout the club pulling together.

Yeah things might be rosey at the moment but let's not pretend our fans aren't guilty of such antics

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goober said:

We were no better not long back though. Not too far back people were booing Ghezzal and Iheanacho. 

Feel for Xhaka personally. He might be shit but the booing/sarcastically cheering your own player coming off is embarrassing for me. He didn't even play that poorly tonight either tonight by all accounts so I can understand his reaction

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah things might be rosey at the moment but let's not pretend our fans aren't guilty of such antics

Have we ever booed off a player as they have been subbed off? We probably have but I don't recall it. I'm not trying to say we are any better, just thankful we are in that place mentally at the moment!

Every club sadly does boo players on their own team, something I personally never do as I don't think it's ever going to help a player or team to do so. In fact I'm a subscriber of the way Dortmund do things, if they see one of their players having a bad game, they will sing that player's name the loudest and have people with microphones to coordinate it. Look at Soyuncu in the first game of the season, all of the fans got behind him, his confidence improved and he's possibly been our best player this season according to the fan poll thread on this forum. I think it has also helped Praet when he has come into the team too.

But fans are entitled to their own opinions of course so if they feel the need to boo then so be it. But I can't honestly say I've seen anything like this, the boos are harsh but for the player to react in that way... that is a major disconnect between fans and club and what makes it more surprising to me is that it's Arsenal! They have a brilliant ground but it's usually devoid of atmosphere so for a club like that to act in this way is really unusual.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Incredible scenes at Arsenal, where their captain is booed off, who promptly cups his ears then throws his jersey to the floor! I don't think I have ever seen anything like this in football!

Football really can be incredible. Makes me so thankful that Leicester as a club and fan base are in a really good place, with everyone throughout the club pulling together.

Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest:

Abused and insulted mercilessly because he was made captain - but he was only made captain because the squad voted for him. 
Sent death threats. 
Pregnant wife harassed. 
Has to disable comments on social media.
Booed and jeered by supposed Arsenal fans most games.

Makes me laugh: all these fans that abuse him, then bitch a whine like babies when he reacts. Not all fans, on twitter quite a lot of Arsenal fans don't blame him.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They’re very happy about it all on arsenal fan tv. 

2 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest:

Abused and insulted mercilessly because he was made captain - but he was only made captain because the squad voted for him. 
Sent death threats. 
Pregnant wife harassed. 
Has to disable comments on social media.
Booed and jeered by supposed Arsenal fans most games.

Makes me laugh: all these fans that abuse him, then bitch a whine like babies when he reacts. Not all fans, on twitter quite a lot of Arsenal fans don't blame him.

Bloody hell is that true!?

Disgusting if so, no one deserves that, even if he's a poor player at best.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Have we ever booed off a player as they have been subbed off? We probably have but I don't recall it. I'm not trying to say we are any better, just thankful we are in that place mentally at the moment!

Every club sadly does boo players on their own team, something I personally never do as I don't think it's ever going to help a player or team to do so. In fact I'm a subscriber of the way Dortmund do things, if they see one of their players having a bad game, they will sing that player's name the loudest and have people with microphones to coordinate it. Look at Soyuncu in the first game of the season, all of the fans got behind him, his confidence improved and he's possibly been our best player this season according to the fan poll thread on this forum. I think it has also helped Praet when he has come into the team too.

But fans are entitled to their own opinions of course so if they feel the need to boo then so be it. But I can't honestly say I've seen anything like this, the boos are harsh but for the player to react in that way... that is a major disconnect between fans and club and what makes it more surprising to me is that it's Arsenal! They have a brilliant ground but it's usually devoid of atmosphere so for a club like that to act in this way is really unusual.

Yeah Paul Gallagher became a scapegoat for a while. And some of the 'I'll pay my money and do what I like brigade' were then upset he didn't applaud the fans as he was being subbed.

Last year Ghezzal was being booed as he was standing there about to be subbed on.

In the past players like Ryan McGiven and the goalkeeper Ricardo were booed whilst they were on the pitch.

All clubs have sections of fans that think they have a right to boo players even though it's counter productive. And some players unfairly become scapegoats for bad runs of form. 

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pretty sure we have.

We booed players on to the pitch.  That's even worse!

I remember a lot of players getting booed and catcalled as they played - Phillpott, Akinbiyi, Oldfield.  I remember the grief we gave O'Neill and Bassett before he even arrived.

They're a minority but every club has 'em.

edit - that list of names really drives home how far we have come!

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Sorry, but OGS by no way a clown. He was a legendary player for Man U. I would agree that he is not a PL quality manager and has been appointed MU manager because of his history with them. He has a lot of respect in the football world as a decent, honest, hardworking and genuinely nice person. Not a clown.

I’d agree with you to a point but watching him go from very publicly criticising the Glazer takeover and then end up rimming their arses has seen his reputation tarnished 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I'm liking all the replies to my original post, but really it makes me feel a bit upset! Of course I have seen plenty of booing in my time in the stands but I really dislike it when it happens.

Plenty of our best players have had less than inspired starts, so get behind the lads I say! Save the booing and criticism for the post match pint and forums!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Pretty sure we have.

I remember a lot of players getting booed and catcalled as they played - Phillpott, Akinbiyi, Oldfield.  I remember the grief we gave O'Neill and Bassett before he even arrived.

And Pearson got plenty of it too from fans.

He gave it back in spades to one fan of course. Considering what he had one for the club he was well entitled to meet fire with fire.

23 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Liverpool haven’t looked so overwhelmingly dominant recently, including our match. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go on a dodgy run.

But they still win (bar the United game) and they had quite a tough run of games.

11 minutes ago, murphy said:

Pretty sure we have.

Feel sure the season before we got promoted Drinky & Vardy got a bit of stick, remember Drinky cupping his ears at Middlesbrough and Nigel talking Vardy out of quitting after 1 season (thank god). But as you say all clubs have them especially when you are on a bad run. Generally speaking though if they have given their all we are good at welcoming back former players as well 

Just now, sdb said:

I remember when Patrick Kisnorbo being substituted was celebrated like a goal about 13 years ago! He was god awful that day to be fair, but it's never a good look when reminiscing those times. 

Kisnorbo was being played in midfield and was awful, truly terrible game after game and it got to the point where his name was booed  when announced, then he was switched to centre half and bang, a player reborn.

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Have we ever booed off a player?! 

You must be a young un. City fans have excelled over the years at singling out players.

Pen 3 chanting Fook Off Willis was particularly memorable. Paul Reid. Mark Bright. Ashley Ward. Mike Hooper. Philpott. Akinbiyi. Ormondroyd. The list is extensive and I'm too tired to go on. 

Sorry. I meant the appalling Martin Hodge. Not Mike Hooper, who was a pretty decent keeper

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Kisnorbo was being played in midfield and was awful, truly terrible game after game and it got to the point where his name was booed  when announced, then he was switched to centre half and bang, a player reborn.

What was the chant? He used to be Shite but now he’s alright? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I love a good Spurs defeat as much as anybody but cant believe the amount of people who were happy for Liverpool to win....a draw would have been perfect for me.

Might just be because im probably classed as older now but I dont think many realise how unbearable the Scousers will be if they win the league, plus why would we want to add another team to the select few along with us that have actually won the premier league.

Exactly my thoughts the liverpool fans are unbearable. Imagine jamie effin carragher jizz festing it if they win for the next 30 years.

For the love of god anyone but liverpool and spurs.

The best thing for me would be if either we somehow won a miracle part 2 or man city beat them on goal difference then both Mane and Salah leave sending liverpool  back into sub top 4.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1