Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Slightly irritated by the number of football accounts I'm seeing describe Sons tackle as "barely a yellow".

It's a yellow all day long; from behind and stopping an attack.

He's been unlucky to get a red, VAR should be taking the emotion  out of the tackle and identifying if it's a red or not. 

It shouldn't be going to the VAR referee for a decision holed up in a room away from the event.

When will our pathetic referees take some responsibility and use the damn screens?  Correct decision yellow for Son and red for Aurier.  What Aurier was trying to do I have no idea.

The referees are not refereeing the big moments in games.  Terrible implementation of VAR so far.

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It shouldn't be going to the VAR referee for a decision holed up in a room away from the event.

When will our pathetic referees take some responsibility and use the damn screens?  Correct decision yellow for Son and red for Aurier.  What Aurier was trying to do I have no idea.

The referees are not refereeing the big moments in games.  Terrible implementation of VAR so far.

Evidently was a red as he ‘endangered the safety of the player’ ..... so it’s the consequence that drives the sanction rather than the offence itself .... that’s a bit like rugby has become ...... not sure I’m comfortable with it ....an innocuous trip can result in a red if the fouled player lands badly and his studs get caught in the turf ........ how can that be right ??.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Evidently was a red as he ‘endangered the safety of the player’ ..... so it’s the consequence that drives the sanction rather than the offence itself .... that’s a bit like rugby has become ...... not sure I’m comfortable with it ....an innocuous trip can result in a red if the fouled player lands badly and his studs get caught in the turf ........ how can that be right ??.

Applying this logic, every challenge on the field must therefore endanger a player.  No one goes into a challenge thinking about the consequences.

There's a certain amount of risk in any sport, you will never take that away, regardless of the rules and regulations.

Aurier is deserving of a red, not Son.  If he isn't there, the incident doesn't happen.  

The rulebook for how VAR is applied in this country needs an overhaul.  How we've managed as a country to make a farce out of the majority of calls when it ran seamlessly in the world cup is baffling.  

One of the biggest problems with VAR is inconsistency; it depends who's at Stockley Park. Someone like Mike Dean with a big ego will happily overturn decisions - maybe even go too far. But someone like Anthony Taylor is a bottler of big decisons.

I'm suprised they didn't factor in things like this before they implemented it - could almost do with the exact same people on VAR every game.

Pudits who micro-analysed all the decisons in previous seasons who are now moaning about VAR can do one though. The drama they created is the main reason it's been introduced.

Just now, Guesty said:

One of the biggest problems with VAR is inconsistency; it depends who's at Stockley Park. Someone like Mike Dean with a big ego will happily overturn decisions - maybe even go too far. But someone like Anthony Taylor is a bottler of big decisons.

I'm suprised they didn't factor in things like this before they implemented it - could almost do with the exact same people on VAR every game.

Pudits who micro-analysed all the decisons in previous seasons who are now moaning about VAR can do one though. The drama they created is the main reason it's been introduced.

That is a problem, which is why refs should be using the pitch side monitor more on close decisions, it is a joke they don’t do this. 

Just now, StanSP said:

None of our goals in October selected for MOTD2's goal of the month comp!

Thought Perez's 2nd and Maddison's free-kick against Southampton might have been good enough.

We scored nine and upset the apple cart again. Tielemans' finish against Burnley was an absolute belter as well. Hit that with venom!

• Like 1

i could watch mason holgate try and defend that deli alli goal for probably the rest of my life. what the fu cking hell was he doing. some mad little shimmy thing. made absolutely no sense but was great to watch. 

• Haha 2

also rewatching that red card on motd i cannot believe he's given it, that is probably the worst refereeing decision of all time for me. he's given him a yellow for a yellow card offence, then saw the geezer's ankle and gone and sent him off ahaha. you can't do that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

also rewatching that red card on motd i cannot believe he's given it, that is probably the worst refereeing decision of all time for me. he's given him a yellow for a yellow card offence, then saw the geezer's ankle and gone and sent him off ahaha. you can't do that. 

It's a complete farce.  

Before issuing a red, the referee should take charge and review the incident by using the pitchside screen.  He'd then issue the red to Aurier and not Son.  Auriers challenge causes the injury, not Son.

Mind you, if that penalty box incident involving Son is managed correctly in the first half, he should be booked for simulation, following the referee reviewing this on the pitchside screen.  So, he should have gone over two yellows, but not the circus that it became.

Clear from the highlights the referee lost control of the game early on.

Weak referee.

Feel for all involved in the Gomes incident, awful injury. However, I hope the PL and FA now take note of what's occurred and tighten up on these deliberate fouls which occur in the transitional phase of play and have been encouraged by the likes of Pep and Klopp. I'm afraid to say that a bad injury was always eventually going to happen to someone and the authorities need to clamp down sooner rather than a later as not only are such challenges potentially dangerous but they also go against the spirit of the game by ruining the spectacle of watching teams turnover play quickly. 

yeah i thought he'd already been booked for that dive and i thought he wasn't gonna book him for that tackle. then he did and then a minute later decided he was a bit too injured to be just a yellow ahaha. couldn't believe it but i was watching on a stream so thought i was missing something but nah, motd cleared up how much of a joke that was. 

as for that prem statement about endangering someone or whatever it was. literally every tackle "could" lead to someone being injured. completely nuts. 

MoTD also making the point about the merrygoround going on with regards to which ref is on the field, which ref is on the monitors and how regular they interchange.

It needs to be an independent body dealing with this, not a case of you have a go, now him, then me etc.  Joke.

Edited by Legend_in_blue