Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Why not feel sorry for the bloke Son deliberately tripped and will be lucky to walk again? Just a thought like.

Yeah I feel a bit cynical but Son in tears hasn’t made me feel for him 1 bit tbh. He may not have gone to injury him (obviously) but he knew what he was doing, him bringing him down wasn’t an accident 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yet you still feel sorry for Son? Bizarre tbh

Not in the mood to bicker; I just felt a bit sorry for him as he looked so distraught. Nobody goes in to injure anyone like that.

** And yes, I had hoped my concern for Gomes had gone without saying.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Happy days at the KP when we go into the Arsenal game fully expecting us to win it

I think we are playing possibly THE best football in the division at the moment

We are certainly rivalling Manchester City I don’t think Liverpool have been that good this season, they do seem really Jammy

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I actually agree! Earlier in the season Liverpool and Man City were for sure, but both seem a little off the boil (probably due to sheer volume of matches they have to play) whereas we continue to look superb. On the Palace forums they are even saying Vardy's goal was the best move of the weekend.

Just a shame really that yesterday showed that even when struggling the top two drop very few points. As outrageous as this sounds, there is a chance we beat our 81 point tally from 2015/16 this season and still finish third! The current top two are probably in the top 5 or 10 best ever Premier League teams.

Can't complain though, this current team is the Leicester City team of my dreams. We play fantastic football and have super likable players with zero ego. Players like Ndidi, Soynuncu and Tielemans are the sort you'd happily see your daughter marry! And whilst Vardy might be the comedy pantomime villain for everyone else, he is our very own living legend.

Made up watching this team play, I really am.

Excellent post, couldn’t have put it better! And I know. 👍

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I actually agree! Earlier in the season Liverpool and Man City were for sure, but both seem a little off the boil (probably due to sheer volume of matches they have to play) whereas we continue to look superb. On the Palace forums they are even saying Vardy's goal was the best move of the weekend.

Just a shame really that yesterday showed that even when struggling the top two drop very few points. As outrageous as this sounds, there is a chance we beat our 81 point tally from 2015/16 this season and still finish third! The current top two are probably in the top 5 or 10 best ever Premier League teams.

Can't complain though, this current team is the Leicester City team of my dreams. We play fantastic football and have super likable players with zero ego. Players like Ndidi, Soynuncu and Tielemans are the sort you'd happily see your daughter marry! And whilst Vardy might be the comedy pantomime villain for everyone else, he is our very own living legend.

Made up watching this team play, I really am.

Spot on Strider 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Horriiible injury to Gomes, Son get's red for his involvement but was it the impact from Aurier which broke the poor sods leg. 

Injury Looked bad and you never like to see these things ruin games. These incidents also seem to affect teams who are not having the rub of the green so to speak. 

Richarlson is such a horrible player went down so much over nothing all game. Ali handball not given is just silly. Think just get rid of var and train the refs to be better instead of wasting all the money ok technology that doesn’t sort crap decisions out that the refs give anyway. Thought spurs might have played better with moura and son together as well. As for Everton they will float around the bottom 6 all season playing like that. 

• Like 1

Found this little beauty from the fighting cock, 

Feel far worse watching this, than the Liverpool game or any of our previous losses. We're light years off the pace. I'm trying to think of a team that has regressed as much as us recently? I suppose Leicester after their title winning antics.

As far as dreadful shouts go that's right up there

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Imagine being a goal down, you've not won from being behind in 24 games, the mood around the club is terrible and then you see, coming on, to try and save the game... Cenk Tosun. 

Honestly makes Slimani look like Christian Vieri. 

:D

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Feel far worse watching this, than the Liverpool game or any of our previous losses. We're light years off the pace. I'm trying to think of a team that has regressed as much as us recently? I suppose Leicester after their title winning antics.

As far as dreadful shouts go that's right up there

Is it? I hate Spurs fans but that's a pretty fair comment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Is it? I hate Spurs fans but that's a pretty fair comment.

But we punched way above our weight to even win the league so its not really a fair comparison is it? If anything we dropped back to our real level and now we're surpassing it again

I cant imagine the pain he was in after that tackle

I have only suffered a broken wrist playing football and I feel like a soft so and so when compared to tht.

He is a wonderful footballer Gomes and its a huge shame, I hope he is ok , that was a truly horror injury and I am sure he is getting the best care possible at the hospital he is in.

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm trying to think of a team that has regressed as much as us recently? I suppose Leicester after their title winning antics.

antic  [ an-tik ]

noun, usually antics.

1. a playful trick or prank; caper.

2. an occurrence so far outside one’s own experience as to be unthinkable.