Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

It's obviously a shocking incident/accident. While as people say it's not a red if there's no injury, you have to take responsibility for other players. If you're cynically hacking players down like that then you have to accept the responsibility for the injury. 

Bet you viewed Choudhury on Salah differently though?

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I know what you're thinking. 'Did he use 3 subs or only 2'? Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself. But being that this is Dominic Calvert-Lewin, the most powerful centre forward in the world, and could smash one in from 30 yards, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well do ya, punk?

lol Brilliant. Sorry - run out of rep points.

• Thanks 1

It’s not a red, no more a red than Hamza on Salah, ref even has a yellow card out ready and puts it away when he see’s Gomez’s leg and reaches for red. 

AlthoughI guess simple fact of the matter is if someone’s leg gets broken then someone needs to walk. 

Just now, Lionator said:

Nope, if the consequences were the same then he'd have to take responsibility. Just like when he got sent off for England U21's.

So the same tackle, with a different unfortunate outcome can result in different punishments? lol Nah mate, doesn't work like that.

Just now, Facecloth said:

So the same tackle, with a different unfortunate outcome can result in different punishments? lol Nah mate, doesn't work like that.

In Rugby (lol) that sort of thing is determined on outcome and it's definitely helped with prevention of potential injury causing incidents. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

In Rugby (lol) that sort of thing is determined on outcome and it's definitely helped with prevention of potential injury causing incidents. 

Well that's Rugby, this is football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1