Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It's as if the officials themselves are anti VAR so they're ballsing it up deliberately to get rid of it

More fool them as I'm pretty sure it'll be here to stay, just with some variation on how it's used in future.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Once he puts those stupid lines on, and it shows one line being Infront of the other, he has to give it offside. Get rid of the lines, use your naked eye and zoom in. If it's not clear its a goal. 

But to me it looks as if the line is coming from his elbow which he can't score with

Just now, foxfanazer said:

But to me it looks as if the line is coming from his elbow which he can't score with

Yeah that's what I thought.

Unless a part of his shoulder is also beyond the defensive line in which case it's correct that it's ruled out but it's so ridiculously tight with the lines anyway.

Relegation battle still very interesting:

Most at risk:

Norwich

Watford

Villa

Bournemouth

Quite at risk:

Southampton

West Ham

Should be fine:

Burnley
Everton

Palace

Brighton

Newcastle

I can see Palace and Newcastle going on poor runs and getting dragged back in, the first 3 are the most likely to drop but I’d love Bournemouth and West Ham to get dragged into it

20 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Relegation battle still very interesting:

Most at risk:

Norwich

Watford

Villa

Bournemouth

Quite at risk:

Southampton

West Ham

Should be fine:

Burnley
Everton

Palace

Brighton

Newcastle

I can see Palace and Newcastle going on poor runs and getting dragged back in, the first 3 are the most likely to drop but I’d love Bournemouth and West Ham to get dragged into it

Of the 4 I hope watford make a miraculous escape. Would love villa and bournemouth to go back down. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Chelsea in 4th are same distance to the bottom of the league than they are to the top (20 points difference).

Brighton in 13th (23pts) are closer to 5th (30pts) than they are to 19th (13pts). 

Proves what a tight league it is this season, feels more like the championship it would only take you three or four wins in a row and you could find yourself from the near bottom to being in the top half. 

Other seasons its a case of if your above 12th your safe and fighting between 7th for a top half finish. While they will be a gap between 6th and 7th or above them are fighting to get into europe. 

At the moment you've got your top three with a huge gap, but below that it's anybody's guess. Anyone in top ten are still capable of a top four finish. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

Yeah, he’s using again:

Jürgen Klopp bought 22 players for £416,750,000

Salah cost £43.9m inc add ons. A club record at the time. 
Fabinho cost £43.7m. 
Keita cost £52.3m. 
Becker cost £65m inc add ons. A world record for a keeper at the time. 
VVD cost £75m. A club record and a world record for a defender at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yeah, he’s using again:

Jürgen Klopp bought 22 players for £416,750,000

Salah cost £43.9m inc add ons. A club record at the time. 
Fabinho cost £43.7m. 
Keita cost £52.3m. 
Becker cost £65m inc add ons. A world record for a keeper at the time. 
VVD cost £75m. A club record and a world record for a defender at the time. 

And this is why we shouldn't get too disheartened by the last two games. We have players with a high potential value but that's the key word - they are spending 100's millions on proven world class players

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1