Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I am not worried about Wolves, they have so many games to navigate, we have dipped granted but we will pick up again.

Wolves have Liverpool next up, I would be more worried if I was Chelsea tbh. Finishing above Manchester City will be good for us.

Wolves could beat Liverpool; six points off the teams we get mullered by. They’ve taken six points of City and they have a chance with Liverpool in my view. Especially as Liverpool have all but won the league now. Wolves problem is with the weaker teams.

Edited by oxtonfox
spell

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Wolves could beat Liverpool; six points off the teams we get mullered by. They’ve taken six points of City then they have a chance off Liverpool in my view. There problem is with the weaker teams.

Which is our strength so I don't see the point in all of this doom and gloom and scaremongering. Unless of course you get more points for beating Man City etc

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

awful result for us. there's no difference between finishing second and third. there's quite a big difference between finishing fourth or fifth. 

finishing above or below man city is irrelevant. finishing above or below wolves might just be the difference between champions league football and europa league football. give your heads a wobble if you think that is good for us. 

Not true ..... the higher you finish in your league the larger the percentage of the domestic tv pool you get .........

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah that's a fine little cliche but that wasn't really my point. if wolves had lost we would have less chance of dropping out of the top four. i don't really care who is "to blame", i'd just rather it was less likely to happen. and it's got more likely to happen based on tonight's result. so it literally cannot be anything other than a bad result for us, 

Its not a cliché, it would be a fact, we have a good points advantage, if we throw it away, it is our fault and no one else's, as for Wolves, they are taking their chances instead of trying to play it safe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

What I find utterly amazing is fans thinking that we’re capable of losing a nine point lead over Wolves...... if you really think this is a possibility and it was to happen, then frankly we don’t deserve a place in the top four..... the fact that you find a team nine points behind us more of a threat than the team a point behind us is just pure pessimism.... we’ve not dropped nine points all season in the time frame needed to throw this away..... get a grip lads come on....

nobody is arguing about "not deserving it" or "blaming ourselves" if we drop out of the top four, simply saying we would prefer it if we didn't drop out the top four. and wolves winning tonight made it more likely that we might drop out the top four. not by much, and i still don't think it will happen. but it would've been better for us to be ten points ahead of fifth than nine. that's just common sense and simple maths. 

• Like 2

Just now, ithuriel said:

Its not a cliché, it would be a fact, we have a good points advantage, if we throw it away, it is our fault and no one else's, as for Wolves, they are taking their chances instead of trying to play it safe.

i don't even know what point you are trying to argue. 

if wolves lost tonight we would be 10 points ahead of 5th. if they won we would be 9 points ahead of 5th. which one of those is better for our chances of finishing in the top 4? 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

i don't even know what point you are trying to argue. 

if wolves lost tonight we would be 10 points ahead of 5th. if they won we would be 9 points ahead of 5th. which one of those is better for our chances of finishing in the top 4? 

You're the one arguing, I'm stating a fact, if we blow it, it is our fault, no one else's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not true ..... the higher you finish in your league the larger the percentage of the domestic tv pool you get .........

genuinely couldn't give the slightest of shits about that. the difference between finishing ahead of man city or behind man city will be a few million quid that we will probably waste. 

the difference between finishing ahead of wolves or behind wolves (or spurs, or united etc) will define our whole season's achievements and possibly the future of this club when you think of players and possibly the manager leaving if we don't get a top 4 finish. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

nobody is arguing about "not deserving it" or "blaming ourselves" if we drop out of the top four, simply saying we would prefer it if we didn't drop out the top four. and wolves winning tonight made it more likely that we might drop out the top four. not by much, and i still don't think it will happen. but it would've been better for us to be ten points ahead of fifth than nine. that's just common sense and simple maths. 

Leave it man, he just really..really doesn't see it 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What I find utterly amazing is fans thinking that we’re capable of losing a nine point lead over Wolves...... if you really think this is a possibility and it was to happen, then frankly we don’t deserve a place in the top four..... the fact that you find a team nine points behind us more of a threat than the team a point behind us is just pure pessimism.... we’ve not dropped nine points all season in the time frame needed to throw this away..... get a grip lads come on....

I think we are capable of losing 9 points, of we get 3 or 4 injuries and suspensions.....who knows.  Likely hood is low, but I'm a guy who wants the fat lady to sing before I count my chickens

Saturdays match is about the team being able to bounce back, if not we are at risk of losing our top 4 slot

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

genuinely couldn't give the slightest of shits about that. the difference between finishing ahead of man city or behind man city will be a few million quid that we will probably waste. 

the difference between finishing ahead of wolves or behind wolves (or spurs, or united etc) will define our whole season's achievements and possibly the future of this club when you think of players and possibly the manager leaving if we don't get a top 4 finish. 

That’s obvious ....I was just pointing out that your statement wasn’t 100% right .......

Edited by st albans fox

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Wolves could beat Liverpool; six points off the teams we get mullered by. They’ve taken six points of City then they have a chance off Liverpool in my view. There problem is with the weaker teams.

Norwich beat Manchester City as well, it’s all relative, Liverpool are consistently good And they are in a league of their own, if they don’t win the title now they will have seriously flunked it. I underwrote their chances quiet stupidly but they are proving they are a solid team. They have the strength in depth to cope with injuries and suspensions and they just win games.

Wolves are a good team, but I think They will remain fighting for that 4th place I am not worried by them and I don’t think Manchester City would be either. Chelsea are pretty inconsistent more so than us, one week they beat Spurs next week they lose to Southampton. Barring our defeats to Liverpool and Manchester City we have done well.

We have dipped in form, but the January window is approaching and we can one or two players that can make a difference.

• Like 1

Just now, ScouseFox said:

Common sense and simple maths? How many cans have you had over the festive period?? We’re nine points clear.... what evidence have you seen of us throwing that away. I can’t actually believe that this debate is going on.... so if we go by your logic and so called common sense, you are suggesting that we’re going to go on a raging losing spree and throw away nine points? Something we haven’t done all season? We’ve had a wobble against the two best teams on the division, had City not have lost a man it could have been different but that’s that. Outside of Man City and Liverpool were the best team in the league when on form. We will finish in the top four and probably none points clear of Wolves. Stop searching for any negative you can....

• Like 1