Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man City, albeit lost 5, smash sides all over the place. 8 goals against Watford. 6 at Villa Park last week. They battered us when we were 2nd.

I wouldn't say they haven't turned up.

Liverpool are literally one of the best sides in the World, hence Champions League winners. If they win the league they do it because they deserve it.

Nobody can get near Liverpool or Man City because they are both that good.

Nobody in the media said that when we won it "nobody else turned up". Everyone, besides Spurs fans, were genuinely pleased for us. I see this all the time on here and how we're somehow looked down upon by the media yet nobody can point me in the way of an article on the web that suggests this.

On Soccer Saturday they have literally just said ‘Leicester are taking advantage of the bigger teams being in transition’.

They claimed the same when we won the league.

As I said last night there is an element of truth in it, I hold my hands up, I think we’re having a very good season and we’d be doing well even if the ‘big’ teams were doing well I don’t like how they downplay our achievements when they don’t apply the logic to other teams.

Likewise it’s why Liverpool are so far ahead - they probably would still have a healthy lead at the top but they wouldn’t dare talk like that about them because it’s the ‘mighty’ Liverpool.

I don’t usually let things like this bother me and quite like us going under the radar but it does make me laugh with the media and plastic love in over big clubs.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

The referee delays the game for over 3 minutes, yet adds on only 2 as additional time. There's no explanation for this and it defies reason. It reduces confidence in the officials to do their job properly.

If they can’t use their stopwatch right what hope do we have lol 

5 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

The referee delays the game for over 3 minutes, yet adds on only 2 as additional time. There's no explanation for this and it defies reason. It reduces confidence in the officials to do their job properly.

It happens every single week. Bout time someone comes out and explains how they manage to short change the fans every game. 

Still can't understand why there is not a separate official timekeeper; the ref has more than enough to do without watching the clock too. In addition I would have the official match clock showing in the stadium for everyone to see. It would stop time wasting because everyone could see the clock had been stopped when players went down injured or took an age taking set pieces or leaving the pitch after being substituted.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Still can't understand why there is not a separate official timekeeper; the ref has more than enough to do without watching the clock too. In addition I would have the official match clock showing in the stadium for everyone to see. It would stop time wasting because everyone could see the clock had been stopped when players went down injured or took an age taking set pieces or leaving the pitch after being substituted.

There's no reason the VAR crew can't do this. They do naff all else for 90% of the match. 

Another thing that rugby have right. Referee says ‘time off’ when he needs to stop the game. Wrt VAR, if he needs to stop the game to talk to the VAR, the clock stops whilst he chats and starts again when he says ‘time on’. The tv feed clock has to be synced to this but shouldn’t be beyond those responsible  surely??  I would love to see the actual stats for how much less time the ball has been in play this season in the prem .......