Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Good result for us, keeps Spurs miles behind.

With them 15pts behind us and 16 games left before the match today solitary points don't cut it for Tottenham if they have any hope of catching us. Man Utd are now our biggest threats for a top four place.

It would be massive tomorrow if we could beat Burnley and Liverpool win at home against Man Utd. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

With them 15pts behind us and 16 games left before the match today solitary points don't cut it for Tottenham if they have any hope of catching us. Man Utd are now our biggest threats for a top four place.

It would be massive tomorrow if we could beat Burnley and Liverpool win at home against Man Utd. 

Good point. As I think Man Utd are capable of stringing 5/6 together. They're not THAT bad, just bad when compared to great teams of the past

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Too right. For anyone to catch us (even Man Utd) we'd need to collapse and they'd have to win about 12 of the remaining 16 games (very unlikely to happen). I genuinely think 7 wins and a draw or two will be more than enough for 4th.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

The Bottom of the ball is over the line lol

99.9% of the volume of the ball is over the line!

Don't know if this is proof that God exists, but ... if He does, what a sense of humor.

3 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

palace robbed a clear penalty. something dodgy going on with VAR

Favour to big clubs. Man City would have got that.

This is the problem for me. It's not "VAR" that's the issue it's the referees. If a ref is poor, put him in front of a screen doesn't make a difference.

I've always said it comes down to opinion. BUT it is favoured for big clubs a lot and this is another example.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

Just now, Fox92 said:

This is the problem for me. It's not "VAR" that's the issue it's the referees. If a ref is poor, put him in front of a screen doesn't make a difference.

Spot on, quality of reffing has been going down every year, put that together with this new technology it results in the shambles we now see week in week out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've always said it comes down to opinion. BUT it is favoured for big clubs a lot and this is another example.

I said last season when they announced they were introducing VAR that it'd be a leveller, the big team bias would stop but it hasn't, they still get the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1