Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Sky just kill derbies man. Liverpool/Manchester United, hatred, Scouses hate Mancs, two biggest clubs in the Country and Sky do all this bigging up. No wonder they end up disapointing games. Just be quiet and let the games go on.

Most entertaining top flight derby is usually Spurs v Arsenal anyway.

Hands down. Don't like either club and don't think it's the most vicious rivalry but in terms of consistently delivering on the pitch this game's the best by a mile.

• Like 2

On 15/01/2020 at 11:36, WigstonWanderer said:

I wonder what went wrong there? Perhaps just missing the Shakey component, maybe language issues, or perhaps just the bizarre nature of the Belgian League.

To be honest, we never understood why King Power didn't bring in Shakespeare as an assistent manager. It's clear that Pearson has had his greatest success when he was accompanied by Shakespeare and Steve Walsh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jacnah said:

I find Sky coverage to be both hyperbolic and stale - as a previous poster mentioned the things I detest may be necessary for marketing to a global non match attending audiance, but not for me

Interesting … I’m part of that global audience (and get some Sky sports news and Deadline Day on NBC).  I figured you must have to be a native to tolerate it!

Hyped-up, yet sheer boredom, with a shocking dash of ignorance.  I’d rather lick the walls in the pneumonia ward.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

To be honest, we never understood why King Power didn't bring in Shakespeare as an assistent manager. It's clear that Pearson has had his greatest success when he was accompanied by Shakespeare and Steve Walsh.

Probably didn’t want to live in Belgium ..  :)     No offence like ...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Interesting … I’m part of that global audience (and get some Sky sports news and Deadline Day on NBC).  I figured you must have to be a native to tolerate it!

Hyped-up, yet sheer boredom, with a shocking dash of ignorance.  I’d rather lick the walls in the pneumonia ward.

:D This did make me laugh! 

You make a good point though. Perhaps I should just have said "Its not for me" and left it there. Plenty of people who go to games might love it as well as people like yourself who dont

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol lol lol lol

I think I love Allan Saint Maximin a bit. I've kinda liked him since I first saw him play because he's absolutely mental and just does ridiculous things.

He's like Sol Bamba's brain in Adama Traore's body. 

Since he signed for Newcastle he's literally the only reason I watch them, it's that classic Tino Asprilla thing where nobody's got a clue what he's going to do. He's so Newcastle.

But it turns out he's funny and wholesome as **** too. What a dude. 

I'm glad we didn't sign him because I think he'd drive me insane but as a neutral, what a guy. 

Given his age he was actually decent to watch for Nice and (on lesser occasions I saw) for France U21s.

His Twitter is brilliant though lol 

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just edging towards a full time, invite only European Super League. 

Looks like the quarter finals stages may become a group stage to create fixtures between super clubs - a comparison towards an European Super League.  

More games equals less surprise equals quality show consistency. So these clubs like Juventus who want more money will quickly just be finishing bottom of these ‘quarter final’ groups. 

Change formats all they like. Even with European Super League, someone has to finish bottom and I don’t think the glory fans of these super clubs will enjoy that 

Just now, DerbyshireFox said:

Ridiculous isn’t it. They’ve been at every match and 22 games in they decide they can use them. It’s like someone’s just found the remotes to switch them on!!

Should be "Instructed to". More doubt is not what VAR needs, or referees either. (I have considerable sympathy for Referees in this era)

• Like 1

Liverpool have built a brilliant team, but bloody hell these headlines make it appear Liverpool picked every player up for a few quid. They spent big on players, took risks on some others and recruited through the academy. Which is what basically every team does excluding the 'super' teams who can just buy the best players. 

Aside from Van Dijk and Alisson Liverpool haven’t spent that much on their squad. Even then, the signing of those two took them from top 4 regulars to the best side in the world.

Mane and Salah costed similar amounts to what we paid for Tielemans. Firmino, if I remember correctly was a similar price to Ndidi. Milner was on a free, Henderson has been there for close to a decade and Wijnaldum was bought for a relatively modest fee from relegated Newcastle. Keita was the only expensive midfielder which is fair enough when the rest of them have been there a while.

Robertson, Gomez, Matip and TAA were either free or were peanuts. I despise Liverpool but they’re the most intelligent club in world football and they’re one of the most data driven. Michael Edwards is arguably the best in the business at transfer dealings 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Aside from Van Dijk and Alisson Liverpool haven’t spent that much on their squad. Even then, the signing of those two took them from top 4 regulars to the best side in the world.

Mane and Salah costed similar amounts to what we paid for Tielemans. Firmino, if I remember correctly was a similar price to Ndidi. Milner was on a free, Henderson has been there for close to a decade and Wijnaldum was bought for a relatively modest fee from relegated Newcastle. Keita was the only expensive midfielder which is fair enough when the rest of them have been there a while.

Robertson, Gomez, Matip and TAA were either free or were peanuts. I despise Liverpool but they’re the most intelligent club in world football and they’re one of the most data driven. Michael Edwards is arguably the best in the business at transfer dealings 

I'll never understand this trail of thinking, it's like saying aside from coutinho and Suarez sales their net spend is through the roof, aside from 15/16 Leicester haven't won anything for 20 years etc etc etc, aside from my dangling bits and lack of ovaries I could be a mother.

13 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'll never understand this trail of thinking, it's like saying aside from coutinho and Suarez sales their net spend is through the roof, aside from 15/16 Leicester haven't won anything for 20 years etc etc etc, aside from my dangling bits and lack of ovaries I could be a mother.

Amongst a squad of 25 players they’ve made 2 (arguably 3) expensive signings. It doesn’t mean that the bulk of their transfer business is done by getting the chequebook out all of the time. Nothing is so black and white, of course there are exceptions to things but it doesn’t mean a wider point is untrue 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Champions League to be expanded by four games. Player welfare doesn’t matter if FIFA and UEFA request more 

I take it the ECA have voted on this? 
From that I’d say any club voting in favour of this wave their right to complain about fixture congestion.

The top clubs/managers appear to moan constantly, then agree to 4 extra unnecessary games and travel.

4 extra games for loyal supporters to find the funds to watch their team. 4 extra games that will adversely affect national cup competitions and smaller teams.

Football should be about everyone not the few elite clubs making sure they can stay their. A sad day for football in my opinion if this is passed.

Wider point is fair enough but without those 2 signings I doubt very much they'd be such a force, defensively they're by far their two most important players. I agree their recruitment has been brilliant, and the prices they've got for outgoings arguably even better, I just don't see how playing down the players they have spent big money on detracts or enhances the point as a whole.