Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Handy win for you and dented West Ham's goal difference!

Moyes honeymoon didn't last long.

Be surprised if he and OGS are still at their respective clubs come next season.

You've got a great chance of climbing above West Ham coming up. Their next 4 league games:

Liverpool (H)

Brighton (H)

Man City (A)

Liverpool (A)

:surrender:

• Like 1

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

You've got a great chance of climbing above West Ham coming up. Their next 4 league games:

Liverpool (H)

Brighton (H)

Man City (A)

Liverpool (A)

:surrender:

they are ****ed. can actually see them getting nothing from them. Brighton is absolutely massive for them

• Like 1

All this does is almost guarantee burnley will be in the epl next season....... fffuuuuucckkkk what a shitty, boring arse team that needs to be relegated. Having said that i think 40 points might not be enough this season, its going to be tight!

1 hour ago, twister said:

Burnleys style of football is like pulling teeth

their players look exausted and miserable at times following their army like orders

They may finish the game exhausted, but aren't they supposed to?  If a player looks like he hasn't been trying, it's probably because he hasn't been trying.

As for miserable, there isn't a man in the side who hasn't signed at least 2 contracts with Burnley.  They don't want to leave, that's why the average age is increasing,

• Like 2

What the hell was Pickford doing for that late Newcastle equalizer? 

Seemed to be having a toddler tantrum while his team were trying to defend - and then keeping goal in the back of his net. Totally unprofessional.

England keeper?! :blink:

There are surely at least 4-5 better English keepers on current form?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

All this does is almost guarantee burnley will be in the epl next season....... fffuuuuucckkkk what a shitty, boring arse team that needs to be relegated. Having said that i think 40 points might not be enough this season, its going to be tight!

Good result for us for sure! But yes Burnley need to **** off. They've been stinking the PL out for too long.

• Like 1

Had a feeling Burnley would get something at Old Trafford. What I was getting at with my comment is that I think at the minute the league lacks many genuinely good sides. I was exaggerating (a little) with 'awful' (I raise you that West Ham performance earlier) but I just think there aren't actually many good teams at the minute. You've got three of our 'big six' managed by people who frankly haven't got anywhere near the credentials for such jobs, now it's too early to write Arteta off but if you were being cynical you would say this is those three clubs all putting somebody in charge that the fans will all be more lenient with = buys them time. Manchester United are not a good team. Nobody will convince me they are. They have some very good players, some average, some frankly bottom half standard, but they're individually nowhere near what they could be, and their manager's CV would be lucky to land him the Preston job.

What Liverpool are doing reflects very well on them as a team, and make no mistake, they are the best team in the world and I'd be very surprised if they aren't lifting their 7th Champions League this season as well as the Premier League, but the absolute lack of challenge they seem to have is embarrassing. Napoli have taken more points off Liverpool this season than the entire Premier League. 21 wins, 1 draw and 0 defeats. It's remarkable but if that was PSG people would be calling it a farce. You can't have it both ways.

What happened last year in Europe was a bit weird - are people going to sit there and claim Tottenham were the second best team in Europe last season? That was the luckiest run to the final I've seen since Chelsea and Di Matteo (and in fact I think it was even luckier). They were barely top ten for me. Liverpool, as stated, best team in the world, Manchester City - also an exceptional team but have paid the price for not buying adequate cover in defence.

What's happening in football's really a bit strange at the minute. I can't really put my finger on it. I don't really think the other leagues are particularly strong either. I think it's fundamentally a bit broken to be honest.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Just how bad was Maguire?  We really did  Mug Manure.

Beaten for Burnley’s first goal, probably both.  It’s almost criminal what they’ve done to him, not only playing to his weaknesses, but doubling down to install him as captain when he is not the type.  He isn't wired to be the player answerable for United-as-shitshow.  He’s taken the weight of the world upon himself in a team of players who don’t give a damn, and seems more careworn with every interview.

Their forum has been understanding … until today.

HarryHate.JPG.5beb7524331a0be1f40127e1220bfbe4.JPG

• Like 3

I wonder if Roy Keane still thinks Wally needs another year at least! I'm really looking forward to playing them at OT next weekend.

We have both Boly and Jota back fully fit now apparently which is a great boost. Hopefully Podence over the line soon too. 

Edited by The Bear

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Beaten for Burnley’s first goal, probably both.  It’s almost criminal what they’ve done to him, not only playing to his weaknesses, but doubling down to install him as captain when he is not the type.  He isn't wired to be the player answerable for United-as-shitshow.  He’s taken the weight of the world upon himself in a team of players who don’t give a damn, and seems more careworn with every interview.

Their forum has been understanding … until today.

HarryHate.JPG.5beb7524331a0be1f40127e1220bfbe4.JPG

Matic was beaten in the air quite comfortably before it landed at Woods feet. Yet not one word about how 6'5 Nemanja Matic didn't win his header. 

At this point Maguire is hust being scapegoated.

7 hours ago, twister said:

Burnleys style of football is like pulling teeth

their players look exausted and miserable at times following their army like orders

But it works and they stay up most years, average age of the team is 30 plus though so how long can they keep it up.

Waiting patiently for the day Sean Dyche is out if this league. Occasionally they will produce decent stuff like their winner against us and Jay Rod goal last night but most of the time they play horrible route 1 garbage. Percentage football 101. 

Im usually not snobby about how teams play but when you see lower league teams like Brentford and Fulham and Leeds play progressive innovative football with coaches who have foward thinking ideas, you wonder what the **** Sean Dyche does with his time and the millions they earn by being a Premier League  team.

Get Burnley in the bin and Dyche out of the league.

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett

14 games to go with 14 points ahead of Utd, Wolves and Spurs in that top 4 race :scarf:

28 points from our remaining 14 GUARANTEES Champions League for us but realistically if we just win half our games that should do it comfortably looking at the form of the chasing pack.

Almost time to start counting down lads! Great days and so much to look forward to.

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I wonder if Roy Keane still thinks Wally needs another year at least! I'm really looking forward to playing them at OT next weekend.

We have both Boly and Jota back fully fit now apparently which is a great boost. Hopefully Podence over the line soon too. 

Hopefully be a draw.😁

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

What the hell was Pickford doing for that late Newcastle equalizer? 

Seemed to be having a toddler tantrum while his team were trying to defend - and then keeping goal in the back of his net. Totally unprofessional.

England keeper?! :blink:

There are surely at least 4-5 better English keepers on current form?

There is no way Pickford is the best English keeper.