Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

There is no way Pickford is the best English keeper.

NUFCequalizes.png.399ecba62e5ae183c4caff4da164b7d1.png

But he’s unique.  What other keeper works with a safety net.

And what other center backs defend just out of play, ready to sprint into the action the moment the ball crosses the line.

Scratch that, Holgate is headed anywhere but back into play.  But he's ready to take the next step and become a Wimbledon ball boy.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

NUFCequalizes.png.399ecba62e5ae183c4caff4da164b7d1.png

But he’s unique.  What other keeper works with a safety net.

And what other center backs defend just out of play, ready to sprint into the action the moment the ball crosses the line.

Scratch that, Holgate is headed anywhere but back into play.  But he's ready to take the next step and become a Wimbledon ball boy.

Still pictures can be formed to make any argument. I saw the highlights. Pickford had just dived to anticipate a shot and only just got back up to be in this position.

I still think he performs better for England than he does Everton but that said I have always rated Heaton and Pope is impressing me more and more.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Glazers have put money in there surely...... it’s just been wasted on inflated transfer fees.

I think the club have spent about a billion since they've been there. Shocking when you look at their team sheet from last night. Their recruitment is awful.

I think when we said Maguire will be £80m, that was meant to be code for, "fvck off. We don't need to sell." I don't think we were actually expecting anyone to pay that.

They're rotten from top to bottom. They've tried Ferguson's recommendation, 2x highly regarded CL winners and a legend former player as manager. They've all failed. They've spent tons of money and have the highest wage bill in the country. I just can't see how they turn it around. I think it might even get a lot worse before it gets better. Certainly can't see them fighting for PL titles any time soon.

Edited by Raw Dykes
Got facts wrong
  • Like 3

A Man U fan smartly pointed out to me last night that there should be caution when asking for other owners. 

When big clubs perform poorly, their value drops and the shady characters appear with goals of flipping the club over in 12 months. AC Milan is a great example and there are others.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, davieG said:

Even fans aren't celebrating goals, our first last night was very subdued and by the time the VAR approved it the moment had past.

I mostly watch on TV and havent celebrated our last few, same with penalty decisions.

So I am mixed on VAR, I feel VAR if implemented better is good for the game, but right now they take way too long, and is questionable decisions been made even with VAR.

This is the one thing that could turn me, and accept that VAR is wrong, fans cheering goals/penalties = football.

I feel what we may end up with is similar to tennis?

The VAR checks would be limited to maybe 1-2 a game per team, they can choose which decisions they want to dispute.  I set such a low amount because one assumes teams would save them for goals and penalty calls, if you gave each team say 3 calls, it would in many games be enough to dispute every goal/penalty decision.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Glazers have put money in there surely...... it’s just been wasted on inflated transfer fees.

Difference between spending and investing.

Man Utd make over 600m a year in revenues, all the money they've spent has been money the entity has made. The Glazers haven't invested a penny of their own money and in fact take money from the club by paying themselves dividends and spending Man United money elsewhere.

Yes Man U have spent a hell of lot and spent it badly. But their spending as a percentage of their turnover is actually pretty modest given the amounts the club makes.

Edited by ealingfox

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think they've put about a billion into the club since they've been there. Shocking when you look at their team sheet from last night. Their recruitment is awful.

I think when we said Maguire will be £80m, that was meant to be code for, "fvck off. We don't need to sell." I don't think we were actually expecting anyone to pay that.

They're rotten from top to bottom. They've tried Ferguson's recommendation, 2x highly regarded CL winners and a legend former player as manager. They've all failed. They've spent tons of money and have the highest wage bill in the country. I just can't see how they turn it around. I think it might even get a lot worse before it gets better. Certainly can't see them fighting for PL titles any time soon.

Thing is though, some of those managers were sacked halfway through their projects. The board were desperate for instant results which was never going to happen (even though Van Gaal and Mourinho achieved something).

Now it looks like they’ve panicked and given the ex molde manager the time his predecessors deserved.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why is Steve McManaman always on Liverpool commentary? Can't we have a neutral on to actually give a fair comment 

“it’s a real good connection for the header” 

it was such a bad header we literally had to have a VAR check to see that it didn’t come off his arm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Why is Steve McManaman always on Liverpool commentary? Can't we have a neutral on to actually give a fair comment 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

“it’s a real good connection for the header” 

it was such a bad header we literally had to have a VAR check to see that it didn’t come off his arm

TAA pushes over Jota in the back with 2 hans.

McManaman 'slight contact there...'

• Like 2