Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

All of these teams at the bottom must have really hard runs of games coming up, they've all been playing each other in the past month. Plus West Ham v Brighton and Bournemouth v Aston Villa in ten days time.

We have Everton and Brighton next then Man U,Liverpool and some team in blue ..

:whistle:

So really neee 6 points from the first two.

Read Villa and Bournemouth have a hard run in but then apart from Liverpool all teams are beatable !!

Our last game is Man City!

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, twister said:

If arsenal get top four somehow this is the worst premier league in its history

unbelivable how chelsea cocked that up

10 men up the field at 1-0, 8 against four fort the equaliser

clueless stuff and Lampard is looking very rookish latley

No chance will they get top 4

It's just funny how many awful sides there are in this league. I've never known it quite like this.

We just can't blow that top four can we. Win tomorrow and I think we're not far off there. The others going for it are just hopeless lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Oh and Everton are quite simply the funniest club in football. I've never known such a deep rooted losers mentality.

Agree man.

How can you be in the Premier League since its existence and barely achieve anything. 1 Cup win and no CL football in nearly 30 years of football. And its not like Everton are a small club who are just happy to be there like Charlton and Wigan. 

And of course last night's result was funny as ****.

Edited by Koke

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Oh and Everton are quite simply the funniest club in football. I've never known such a deep rooted losers mentality.

They were robbed in the eighties of likely European glory by the nutters across Stanley park ..... they were the best team for several years ..... but then that was whilst forest were still relevant aswell !!  It is a long time ago indeed ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Everton did play in the CL in I think 2005 or around that time somewhere. But your point is still valid. 

See also; West Ham. 

It was when the 4th place team went through qualifiers, which the lost I think.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Agree man.

How can you be in the Premier League since its existence and barely achieve anything. 1 Cup win and no CL football in nearly 30 years of football. And its not like Everton are a small club who are just happy to be there like Charlton and Wigan. 

And of course last night's result was funny as ****.

Hundreds of millions wasted on crap players, managers and directors of football:giggle:

1 minute ago, lildave3 said:

What exactly makes these sides awful? I keep seeing that the league is rubbish, yet last time I checked all 4 European finalists came from England and I think they are all through the group stages again this year? 

Spot on. 

It’s just cool these days to say that English football isn’t all that. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's just funny how many awful sides there are in this league. I've never known it quite like this.

We just can't blow that top four can we. Win tomorrow and I think we're not far off there. The others going for it are just hopeless lol 

I'd imagine that every PL team probably has internationals sat on the bench.

The idea that there are awful sides in the PL is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It was when the 4th place team went through qualifiers, which the lost I think.

Didn't they qualify the year liverpool won it and lost out because of it. That's when UEFA then changed the rule that the holders qualified automatically, or have I imagined that.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Didn't they qualify the year liverpool won it and lost out because of it. That's when UEFA then changed the rule that the holders qualified automatically, or have I imagined that.

I was under the impression that this is what happened too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

What exactly makes these sides awful? I keep seeing that the league is rubbish, yet last time I checked all 4 European finalists came from England and I think they are all through the group stages again this year? 

Yeah, maybe we are looking at things through the wrong lens? There could well be an argument that the Premier League has a lot of good teams that only look "bad" because Liverpool have been so much better than everyone else and to a lesser extent Man City (who have still scored the most goals out of anyone). Chelsea sent the Ajax team that everyone raved about last year packing from the Champions League and they are below us!

I'm not saying every team is good, but take Southampton who after getting battered 9-0 by us have turned their form around and are now playing very well and getting results. Watford have for me generally been consistently the worst team this season, but since Perason came in have had a mini-revival. Sheffield United and Wolves seem to look quite good whenever I have seen them play. Norwich are bottom but they certainly didn't play like a team bottom of the league when they turned up to the KP last month!

Truly awful teams are ones like the Derby team that got 11 points, Huddersfield from last season and some of the Sunderland teams that went down were also very poor.  

The league is boring this season because of Liverpool but it doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the teams are bad... more like there isn't much of a difference between them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Spot on. 

It’s just cool these days to say that English football isn’t all that. 

Last years Europa and Champions League was more of a reflection on the uninspring state of the rest of the continent than it was on the Premier League's strength

In general the major leagues across Europe are in a bad way. The Premier League is far more competitive than Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga*. England still had a greater spread of winners the last decade and that doesn't include Liverpool who are about to be crowned champions. 

The likes of Sevilla, Dortmund, Napoli, always threaten to go the distance but always seem to drop in form close to the finish. 

Even looking at La Liga Barcelona are in a  downturn from the10s and something of a mini crisis yet are still joint 1st. It's far removed from Man Utd and Arsenal. That doesn't say a lot about the other teams even allowing for finance.

*Bundesliga looks competitive this year mind.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Think we had 5 clubs enter that year, but Everton failed to get through qualifying.

Blue Roi you are spot on

I say the standard across euroupe has dropped off in the last decade, I have watched football for thirty years ( I know sad football nerd) and its faster than ever but technically its dropped off quite a bit, I say it goes with the game going faster and quicker. Ajax have been great to watch but they are young kids hence their niavity in euroupe.

I keep saying thats because coaches value to much the ability to press and play with pace over the ability to strike a football from twenty yards. Thats why I love watching citys De Bruyne, he has a wonderful balance for a footballer, that goal he scored at Newcastle was utterly sublime.

I am off the view the prem has not got miles better in the last five years, I do think other leagues have got worse though.Obviously Klopp and Guardiola are outstanding coaches who  have helped improve their teams massivly to now have  the ability to dominate in euroupe should they wish..

La liga is bang average, I watch a fair bit of it and Sevillia line up with Luuk de Jong up front, Athletico a  average Morata and Valencia are a shadow of the league winning teams they had under benitez. Its had a huge drop off in the last decade standard wise which is starting to hit the national teams performences.Barcelona are struggling to produce from the academy anymore so are taking ajaxs best player and are flogging Messi until retirement, they have some long term issues ahead. Madrid seem to have a longer term plan but  they are in transition with young players or players past their peak in Modric and Ramos. I dont understand why La Liga thinks a endless Barca Madrid cycle of dominance helps their league.

The budesliga has been fun to watch this year, but Lepzig are a team of workabess with a great striker, Bayern in transition with a great attacking three, but a god  awful defence, though knowing them they still might pip Lepzig to the title.Its not the same standard as when we had two german teams in the champins league final half a dozen years back or even when half a dozen german teams were strong in euroupe.

Italy as we know since the mid 2000s has had a massive drop off to that glrious era from the early 90s to 2007 , Juventus dominance has not helped that, they hoard players have massive squards and win every league, with the help of a brilliant back four which is aging fast. It has been good to see Lazio and Inter improve, but neither have the players of a stankovic zanetti level as shown in euroupe this year. 

PsG and their oil cash have tried to spend their way to glory, they have maybe the best front three in euroupe Mbappe is a superb player again a wonderfully balanced player, but midfield wise its average, Draxler has under achieved, Veratti has been very good but never great, And  the back four is good not great, Thiago Silva has had a superb footballing life but he is 35 and might be near the end.

I am hopefull a lot of verygood players born around 1998 to 2002 are emerging across euroupe, but the standard does need to improve as their have been a lot of poor games this year.

I

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Agreed. I think a fair few misconstrue the league becoming more competitive for it being weaker. I'd argue virtually every game in this division is tough at the moment, Norwich are bottom of the pile and the general consensus seems to be that they've a few tidy players.