Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Just now, Brooksy said:

If that's a red then why didn't Fabianski get sent off against us?

I’d argue more about mee on Sunday .... no attempt to play the ball should be a red - not having the accident argument either as it didn’t save maguire there last season  ..... fabianski would argue that he was trying to save the flick past him but missed it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking I was imagining the double jeopardy rule and had to check again... was surprised to see a red there to be honest? 
 

not surprised to see david luiz and mustafi making a mess of it though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he was trying to get the ball but I think he's unlucky given that most cases like that have been given yellow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

David Loiuse :giggle:

Pre match Arteta spouting about must win to keep any hope of top four! they should be looking over their shoulder. they really are a shower and here i was hoping they might do us a favour and take points off chelsea

Did Arteta really say that they were chasing a top four place? Surely he can't be that stupid.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oadby.fox said:

Was thinking I was imagining the double jeopardy rule and had to check again... was surprised to see a red there to be honest? 
 

not surprised to see david luiz and mustafi making a mess of it though!

Yeah me too was expecting a yellow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paninistickers said:

Did Arteta really say that they were chasing a top four place? Surely he can't be that stupid.

According to this mornings Metro and Evening standard that was certainly implied. I would really love to them go down, or at very least in a real relegation dogfight that went to the wire. Arsenal TV would just be pure comedy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea are gonna stuff these plonkers now... Not that I have anything against it, but we really have to step up tomorrow, the players and the manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem to remember double jeopardy doesn’t apply when it’s a clear attempt to stop a goal - like a handball on the line or like it was there, a clear attempt to stop it being rolled into an empty net.  The covering player only caught up because Luiz kept pulling Tammy back.  Seems fair to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

According to this mornings Metro and Evening standard that was certainly implied. I would really love to them go down, or at very least in a real relegation dogfight that went to the wire. Arsenal TV would just be pure comedy

They've a few decent fixtures coming up though so that should keep the wolf at bay.

 

Would be quite something if it happened mind. And I say that as a former Arsenal supporter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, urban fox said:

According to this mornings Metro and Evening standard that was certainly implied. I would really love to them go down, or at very least in a real relegation dogfight that went to the wire. Arsenal TV would just be pure comedy

I wonder if that'd be enough to make my wife be a primary LCFC supporter instead :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

De Bruyne is ridiculous, makes the game look so easy. Hands down one of the best, if not the best in the prem. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

David Loiuse :giggle:

Pre match Arteta spouting about must win to keep any hope of top four! they should be looking over their shoulder. they really are a shower and here i was hoping they might do us a favour and take points off chelsea

Haha did he really talk about top four? Must be living in some kind of alternate reality. Most of the lot on Arsenal Fan Tv are more grounded than him!

 

I confess I also hoped they might do us a favour against Chelski... :rolleyes:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood the hype around Brighton and Potter. Nicer football on the eye perhaps but the same rate of picking up points?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

De Bruyne is ridiculous, makes the game look so easy. Hands down one of the best, if not the best in the prem. 

Just caught the goal during half time in the Arsenil match. What a pass... :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Benji said:

Seem to remember double jeopardy doesn’t apply when it’s a clear attempt to stop a goal - like a handball on the line or like it was there, a clear attempt to stop it being rolled into an empty net.  The covering player only caught up because Luiz kept pulling Tammy back.  Seems fair to me.

If it's not a clear attempt to stop a goal what is it? I really don't understand that rule at all. A penalty is a clear goal scoring opportunity so it shouldn't be a red for a foul preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity. I just don't get it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

rio ferdinand and keown ripping into arsenal defending

When David Luiz is your best defender........... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trabuch said:

If it's not a clear attempt to stop a goal what is it? I really don't understand that rule at all. A penalty is a clear goal scoring opportunity so it shouldn't be a red for a foul preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity. I just don't get it.

If you trip a player trying to make a tackle due to their quick feet or just mistime it then you’ve attempted to play the ball ....Luiz wasn’t trying to play the ball .... he couldn’t get near to it as he was the wrong side 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...