Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The same ones who think we can "prioritize" both the FA Cup and the League.  Better to have an excellent League cushion so we can name stronger XIs in the Cup.

We have a decent cushion I'd say.

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Why is having faith and confidence in us finish g top 4 suddenly naive? Your prediction of these sides all of a sudden going on some great run could be seen as naive

Liverpool are miles away from anybody else, everybody else is going to have to scrap for wins including us. Saturday suggests that our form is improving again so we can do this. Vardy back in form might make it relatively comfortable.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Liverpool are miles away from anybody else, everybody else is going to have to scrap for wins including us. Saturday suggests that our form is improving again so we can do this. Vardy back in form might make it relatively comfortable.

I'm not denying we need to improve to make sure but I'm just a little bit surprised by the panic and scaremongering on here. In fact no I'm not surprised 

Thing is this hasn't just crept up on us, we've been generally poor perfomance and results wise for a while, yet people acting as if it's a shock all of sudden, ironically people have only just woke up to this after one of our better performances and results in a 'big' games v Chelsea yesterday.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Some of Spurs remaining fixtures:

Away at Chelsea

Home to Wolves

Home to United

Away at Sheff Utd

Home to Everton

Home to Arsenal

Away to us.

Still think they'll win 11 of their 13?

Yeah easily. They never let their fans down

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Away at Chelsea

Home to Wolves

Home to United

Away at Sheff Utd

Home to Everton

Home to Arsenal

Away to us.

We have to go away to them penultimate  game of the season 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Plenty of very naive people on here who think CL is in the bag and we can dismiss Man Utd, Wolves and Tottenham as no hopers and no threat to our top four spot. 

Realistic, I would say. Our recent performances have been showing improvement and our luck re missed chances and refereeing decisions will surely turn soon, resulting in a steady stream of points being accrued. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Man City, Spurs and Chelsea will carry on with their Champions League fixtures soon, focus will shift to that, no team has been consistent enough to put a string of wins together to significantly close the gap whilst we’ve had our dip, all is well.

This echoes my thoughts. CL will get in the way, they'll need to rest players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Why is having faith and confidence in us finish g top 4 suddenly naive? Your prediction of these sides all of a sudden going on some great run could be seen as naive

if we don't get top four it won't happen all of a sudden. it will be a general decline as we don't pick up wins and maybe just one of the chasing pack start winning most weeks. This result could be the start of the sands beginning to shift.

Anyone who thinks today is a good result for us is a moron or values 2nd place over potentially losing out on CL football. 

I believe we will get top four quite comfortably by the end of the season but I also know it's far from a done deal and if we fail it will be because of an accumulation of unlikely results with at least one of the chasing pack getting results like they did today or games we fail to win like we should for example Norwich and Southampton at home. We're in a position that we never dreamed of but this not a done deal and I won't cheer on results that are detrimental to our cause. 

• Like 1

Just now, manders86 said:

Really don't understand why people are messing their pants over this. I think we will go to Wolves and win a week on Friday. I'm happier Man City have dropped points and we can look to move up!

Although of course, apart from a bit of extra money, finishing second over third or fourth makes not a jot of difference.

You don`t get a medal for being runners up, and if we do qualify for the champions league, it wont matter whether finish second, third or fourth, we will still be put in pot 4 for the draw.

Surely any points taken from our potential rivals for the top four has to be the most sought after result i would think.

Of course qualifying for the Champions League is not meant to be easy, but the easier it is made the better for me, but ultimately if we mess it up from the position that we are in at the moment, then quite simply we wont have deserved to finish top 4 anyway.

• Like 1

If spurs win all their remaining games it takes them to 76 points. We are 27 points off that total with 13 games left. 

Bad form we get 16-19 points meaning that Tottenham cannot lose more than 3 of their remaining games. 

Okay form we get between 20-24 points which means Tottenham cannot lose more than 2 of their remaining games. 

Anything more and they cannot lose more than 1 game. 

The above excludes draws which makes the equation harder for Spurs. 

We should be looking towards Man City and not Spurs in fifth. 

15 minutes ago, manders86 said:

Really don't understand why people are messing their pants over this. I think we will go to Wolves and win a week on Friday. I'm happier Man City have dropped points and we can look to move up!

No one is messing their pants but some of us know that was a bad result for us today. 

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

if we don't get top four it won't happen all of a sudden. it will be a general decline as we don't pick up wins and maybe just one of the chasing pack start winning most weeks. This result could be the start of the sands beginning to shift.

Anyone who thinks today is a good result for us is a moron or values 2nd place over potentially losing out on CL football. 

I believe we will get top four quite comfortably by the end of the season but I also know it's far from a done deal and if we fail it will be because of an accumulation of unlikely results with at least one of the chasing pack getting results like they did today or games we fail to win like we should for example Norwich and Southampton at home. We're in a position that we never dreamed of but this not a done deal and I won't cheer on results that are detrimental to our cause. 

So we agree then lol

Ultimately what the fans want results wise from our rivals has no impact whatsoever anyway. If we do balls it up we've only ourselves to blame. Today's result should be seen as no more than a slight annoyance imo

Edited by foxfanazer

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Away at Chelsea

Home to Wolves

Home to United

Away at Sheff Utd

Home to Everton

Home to Arsenal

Home to us.

Plus, city were down to 10 men today

4 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Although of course, apart from a bit of extra money, finishing second over third or fourth makes not a jot of difference.

You don`t get a medal for being runners up, and if we do qualify for the champions league, it wont matter whether finish second, third or fourth, we will still be put in pot 4 for the draw.

Surely any points taken from our potential rivals for the top four has to be the most sought after result i would think.

Of course qualifying for the Champions League is not meant to be easy, but the easier it is made the better for me, but ultimately if we mess it up from the position that we are in at the moment, then quite simply we wont have deserved to finish top 4 anyway.

Although if we finish above Man City then Champions League is guaranteed.... 

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Away at Chelsea

Home to Wolves

Home to United

Away at Sheff Utd

Home to Everton

Home to Arsenal

Home to us.

I don't think they will win 11 out of 13 but it's a possibility. as is us only getting about 16pts from our last 13. 

• Like 1