Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

32 minutes ago, Rasmic123 said:

Spurs are without kane and haven't at any point in the season looked like they can put a string of results together. They will continue to drop points against teams below them and I dont see them as a genuine threat to us

Correct 

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This isn't a tactical master class in the slightest? 

Spurs have relied on Man City missing chance after chance after chance. They've been lucky 

puts our luck at villa into perspective - spurs played like they did v Liverpool .... it was classic Jose - stay in the game and try yo nick something 

30 minutes ago, reynard said:

Absolutely no chance we will get any points from those two matches unless we seriously up our level. Also away at Arsenal, Spurs and at home to Man utd are quite possibly going to result in 0 points. That leaves 8 matches to get the probably 6 or 7 wins required to make top 4.

seriously ........., 

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Plenty of very naive people on here who think CL is in the bag and we can dismiss Man Utd, Wolves and Tottenham as no hopers and no threat to our top four spot. 

they aren’t clawing back a dozen points in thirteen  games 

21 minutes ago, shailen said:

You're always going to concede chances against Man City, but closing spaces where it can hurt you (i.e. in the middle) is key. Tottenham are no where near the level of Man City but they did make them look pretty ordinary in my opinion. 

only when 11 v 10 and  then it just made the game look more of an issue even contest 

48 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I am amazed to see that a company called KUMHO TYRE is advertising on the boards at Spurs.

Gonna call Mrs Vac a KUMHO and see how I get on...

I believe it's pronounced "koomo". Not the way you are interpreting it. Perv!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So we agree then lol

Ultimately what the fans want results wise from our rivals has no impact whatsoever anyway. If we do balls it up we've only ourselves to blame. Today's result should be seen as no more than a slight annoyance imo

The only annoyance from me is the naivety of the fans thinking this was a good result for us.  No one is panicking but this was a bad result for us if Champions League football is our ultimate goal in the league this season. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

The only annoyance from me is the naivety of the fans thinking this was a good result for us.  No one is panicking but this was a bad result for us if Champions League football is our ultimate goal in the league this season. 

I don't think anyone really sees it as a good result for us. It's not the disaster that some are making out either 

Nobody currently 5th or below is going to get more than 65 points and it’s probably only 60/40 that Chelsea get there. Spurs were poor for most of the game today and burgled that win, they might go on a run but the idea of them getting more than 28 points from their last 13 games is fanciful.

As long as we produce the same pretty rubbish form we’ve been in for the last 2 months we should still have enough to get to 65. If we throw it away we’ll only have ourselves to blame.

Edited by ttfn

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they aren’t clawing back a dozen points in thirteen  games 

If the internet was mainstream in the 95/96 season there would have been a Newcastle fan saying exactly the same thing about Man Utd when they were 12pts clear with 13 games to go.

Man Utd won the PL by 4pts in the end.

Just now, Gerard said:

If the internet was mainstream in the 95/96 season there would have been a Newcastle fan saying exactly the same thing about Man Utd when they were 12pts clear with 13 games to go.

Yes but this is spurs we are talking about 

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

A Mourinho masterclass according to some prat on the radio. Man City should've been 3-0 up before the red card which turned the game. Then the baffling decision to take Aguero off.

Was it Hoddle? It was wasn’t it? It was Hoddle :angry:

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Although if we finish above Man City then Champions League is guaranteed.... 

Why does it matter at the moment though?  Yes we will have the kudos of finishing second, but it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So at this moment in time, with Man City absolutely no threat what so ever to us finishing top 4, why would anyone be hoping they lose to another team that may be a threat to us, if things go pear shaped in the coming weeks.

As i said before though, if we do mess things up from here on in, then we simply wont deserve to be top 4 anyway.

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Are you seriously comparing spurs this season with yanited from that ??

anyway, if they go on a good run then it makes even sweeter when they bottle it - remember I’m surrounded by them down here !! 

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Why does it matter at the moment though?  Yes we will have the kudos of finishing second, but it means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So at this moment in time, with Man City absolutely no threat what so ever to us finishing top 4, why would anyone be hoping they lose to another team that may be a threat to us, if things go pear shaped in the coming weeks.

As i said before though, if we do mess things up from here on in, then we simply wont deserve to be top 4 anyway.

Funnily enough, when the records are written, they often include ‘runners up’ - nowhere will it say ‘by forty points’ so I’m up for it !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shailen said:

You're always going to concede chances against Man City, but closing spaces where it can hurt you (i.e. in the middle) is key. Tottenham are no where near the level of Man City but they did make them look pretty ordinary in my opinion. 

18 shots vs 3 

5 on target compared to 3 

Spurs only came into the game after Man City were down to 10 men. 

They didn't just concede chances to Man City, the entire first half was basically an attacking scenario training session. 

Man City weren't clinical enough, gave away stupid fouls and lost due to themselves rather than any Jose masterclass.