Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Well they should. 

Not a lot of difference between finishing 2nd-4th, the last thing we need i one of the chasing pack winning 11 games or so out their last 13.

For a regular top 4 side I'd agree but I'd love us to be the 2nd best side in the league personally 

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, Gerard said:

Well they should. 

Not a lot of difference between finishing 2nd-4th, the last thing we need i one of the chasing pack winning 11 games or so out their last 13.

That suggests that you have little faith in us finishing the season well. We should be looking at a draw against Wolves and beating Man. City next two matches.

Just now, Gerard said:

Well they should. 

If we mess up a top four spot from this position, we only have ourselves to blame.

Yes, this result is annoying, but the ball is very firmly in our court. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well they should. 

If we don't win 6 of the last 13 then we don't really deserve top 4 anyway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

This is a good result for us if it stays this way, tbh. We should be looking upwards, not below us, and keeping pressure on Man City.

Tottenham do not concern me.

Can't agree. This is a terrible result for us. The fewer points we have to get to make top 4 the better. Every game they win is 3 more we have to get. At the moment I wouldn't bet on us getting more than 4 or 5 wins which won't be enough. We might manage 6 but will lose more games than we win for the rest of the season.

Edited by reynard

Well they should. 

Not a lot of difference between finishing 2nd-4th, the last thing we need one of the chasing pack winning 11 games or so out their last 13.

Like that is really gonna happen. If we continue playing like we did yesterday then we will pick up plenty of points so no, I am not worried and want us to get second for pride.

Just now, Hammo said:

If we mess up a top four spot from this position, we only have ourselves to blame.

Yes, this result is annoying, but the ball is very firmly in our court. 

Exactly this.

We could obsess about other results but, if we don’t make top four from here, we won’t deserve it. 

It’s all about us and how we perform from here. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

That suggests that you have little faith in us finishing the season well. We should be looking at a draw against Wolves and beating Man. City next two matches.

It's not about "faith" but having the easiest conditions possible. My only concern in the league at this point is getting a CL spot.

That task is all the easier if the sides below us don't have a storming run until the end of the season to put pressure on us. Tottenham will be 12 pts behind us today, we could easily lose our next two fixtures of Wolves (a) and Man City (h) and then it's game on.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And you want it that much you're prepared to risk a Champions League spot to get it?

Spurs are without kane and haven't at any point in the season looked like they can put a string of results together. They will continue to drop points against teams below them and I dont see them as a genuine threat to us

It's not about "faith" but having the easiest conditions possible. My only concern in the league at this point is getting a CL spot.

That task is all the easier if the sides below us don't have a storming run until the end of the season to put pressure on us. Tottenham will be 12 pts behind us today, we could easily lose our next two fixtures of Wolves (a) and Man City (h) and then it's game on.

O No!!. 

Will we be hearing..

We're coming for you

We're coming for you

Leicester City..

We're coming for you...?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Spurs still have to win 4 and us lose 4 so still a good gap to have 

In reality our goal difference is worth another point so that’s one more game they have to better our result in. We still have to play them and anything but a win for them leaves them with no chance

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Tactical masterclass of how to play against Man City. Defend deep, stay compact and have pace up top to counter. Simple, ugly but effective. 

This isn't a tactical master class in the slightest? 

Spurs have relied on Man City missing chance after chance after chance. They've been lucky 

• Like 1

Just now, Rasmic123 said:

Spurs are without kane and haven't at any point in the season looked like they can put a string of results together. They will continue to drop points against teams below them and I dont see them as a genuine threat to us

You don't know that, you haven't got a crystal ball, you're guessing or hoping.

Spurs are very capable of putting in a big sequence of wins. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Absolutely no chance we will get any points from those two matches unless we seriously up our level. Also away at Arsenal, Spurs and at home to Man utd are quite possibly going to result in 0 points. That leaves 8 matches to get the probably 6 or 7 wins required to make top 4.

Edited by reynard
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Absolutely no chance we will getany points from those two matches unless we seriously up our level. Also away at Arsenal, Spurs and at home to Man utd are quite possibly going to result in 0 points. That leaves 8 matches to get the probably 6 or 7 wins required to make top 4.

You're trolling right? 

• Like 1