Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

It's not just a case of 'still' being 6pts clear in a few games. If that happens then it suggests we have gone off the rails in terms of form and there is a decent side (maybe more) below us picking up form.

If someone said before the season if i'd take being 6pts clear of 5th at the start of March i'd say yes. But not  so much when we were 15pts clear a few months ago

5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Spurs still have to win 4 and us lose 4 so still a good gap to have 

Our last away game is at Spurs so hopefully nothing will be on that game by then. Gulp! Then Man Utd last game at home! Surely not...Oh we are Leicester though 🙂

Just now, foxfanazer said:

You're trolling right? 

Yes and no. We will need to up our level from is current one to get anything form those matches. Can we? yes. Will we? Not so sure. We are in a great spot but we've a lot of work to do still and any points dropped by those outsode the top 4 is a good thing for us, conversely wins, especially in matches they could/should lose are the opposite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Absolutely no chance we will get any points from those two matches unless we seriously up our level. Also away at Arsenal, Spurs and at home to Man utd are quite possibly going to result in 0 points. That leaves 8 matches to get the probably 6 or 7 wins required to make top 4.

Behave. 

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Absolutely no chance we will get any points from those two matches unless we seriously up our level. Also away at Arsenal, Spurs and at home to Man utd are quite possibly going to result in 0 points. That leaves 8 matches to get the probably 6 or 7 wins required to make top 4.

I think I will have to throw myself off a bridge after reading that. I know we are lcfc but that would be even too Leicester for Leicester. When are people going to realise that we are a bloody good side and those teams Will be more worried about having to play us than we are them

Just now, Gerard said:

Plenty of very naive people on here who think CL is in the bag and we can dismiss Man Utd, Wolves and Tottenham as no hopers and no threat to our top four spot. 

Why is having faith and confidence in us finish g top 4 suddenly naive? Your prediction of these sides all of a sudden going on some great run could be seen as naive

Another day and spurs lose this 4 or 5 nil they are poor at the back. Also have wolves and Man Utd to play in March and Burnley away plus the replay with soton and 2 champs league games where they could get injuries or tired ness catch up with them 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

That's just ridiculous. We've just got a point against a Chelsea team who sit in 4th. We should really have all 3 points but missed easy chances. It's quite possible we'll manage a win or a couple of draws against those 3.

EDIT: Lets not forget that the teams below us fighting for 4th place also have to play each other too, so plenty more points will be dropped.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

I hope our players and management aren’t as beset by anxiety as some of the posters on here.

Spurs fluke a win and suddenly it’s all worry worry worry.

Nobody is going to gift us a Champions League place. We have to earn it. Over 38 matches. And we’re in a great position to do just that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This isn't a tactical master class in the slightest? 

Spurs have relied on Man City missing chance after chance after chance. They've been lucky 

You're always going to concede chances against Man City, but closing spaces where it can hurt you (i.e. in the middle) is key. Tottenham are no where near the level of Man City but they did make them look pretty ordinary in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Plenty of very naive people on here who think CL is in the bag and we can dismiss Man Utd, Wolves and Tottenham as no hopers and no threat to our top four spot. 

The same ones who think we can "prioritize" both the FA Cup and the League.  Better to have an excellent League cushion so we can name stronger XIs in the Cup.

• Like 1