Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I can just about buy Maguire's explanation there, but it still should have been a red. 

Terrible round of results for us, with everyone from Burnley up to Spurs winning around us. Though our fixtures to the end of the season are very favourable. 

Aren't you pretty mediocre results wise against " favourable " teams though? 

I reckon its great...

A Good competitive run,going into the EOS...

Its the entertainment,and questions we all Wanted to be Part of...

I will sit back and Enjoy the Run in....

Predictions....We'll have enough,the system of 38 games will sort it out....gud Fun innit...:yahoo:

43 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

STOP PANICKING

Our form in 2020:

8 points in 6

= 1.33 per game

= 16 more points

= 66 total points (67 required to catch due to GD)

Bearing in mind it's this form which our fans are calling the pits and therefore, you'd think, as bad as it can get for us.

Therefore to finish above us, the teams behind us will need at least:

Chelsea: 26 - 2.16ppg
Spurs: 27 - 2.25ppg
Sheff Utd: 28 - 2.33ppg
Man U: 29 - 2.42ppg

2.25 PPG form would be 58/59 points so far this season. Basically top of league form save for Liverpool's ridiculous form.

The form in 2020 of these teams? 

Chelsea: 6 from 6 = 1ppg
Spurs: 10 from 6 = 1.66ppg
Sheff Utd: 10 from 6 = 1.66ppg
Man U: 7 from 6 = 1.16ppg

Not QUITE top of league form.

Even if we only get 1 point per game (which won't happen, obviously), the teams below us would STILL NEED:

Chelsea: 22 - 1.82ppg
Spurs: 23 - 1.91ppf
Sheff Utd: 24 - 2ppg
Man U: 25 - 2.08ppg

And we'd need two of those teams to do that. 3 if 5th does it for us because of Man City. 

Just enjoy it and stop panicking. There's a reason Bet365 has us at 1.05 to finish top 4. When you're putting £100 on to win £5, it's basically happening.

I'll say it again. CHILL. OUT.

yeah it all looks this easy but it ain't, is it. 

the bookies (and most realistic people) also expect that by the end of next weekend, the table will look something like 

us, 50

chelsea, 44/42/41

spurs, 43/41/40

sheff u, 42

united, 41

wolves, 39

and all of a fu cking sudden we are one bad result away from being catchable. that's a shit ton of pressure on our "easy home games" which we have been rubbish at, more or less entirely, for about 4 years. we have no ndidi, vardy has forgotten how to score, our midfielders have forgotten vardy even plays for us, and that 14 point cushion from a few weeks back is going to have been halved in no time at all, so there is definitely still time for it to be completely obliterated. 

i still think we will get into the champions league through the incompetence of everyone else, because i ain't sure we're gonna win enough games to pull away from the pack again. 

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah it all looks this easy but it ain't, is it. 

the bookies (and most realistic people) also expect that by the end of next weekend, the table will look something like 

us, 50

chelsea, 44/42/41

spurs, 43/41/40

sheff u, 42

united, 41

wolves, 39

and all of a fu cking sudden we are one bad result away from being catchable. that's a shit ton of pressure on our "easy home games" which we have been rubbish at, more or less entirely, for about 4 years. we have no ndidi, vardy has forgotten how to score, our midfielders have forgotten vardy even plays for us, and that 14 point cushion from a few weeks back is going to have been halved in no time at all, so there is definitely still time for it to be completely obliterated. 

i still think we will get into the champions league through the incompetence of everyone else, because i ain't sure we're gonna win enough games to pull away from the pack again. 

Chill ...

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Chill ...

i’m sound bro, like i said i think we’ll be fine. i think the prices are right and we’ll finish 3rd. 

i just think people do have a legitimate reason to be a bit tetchy. like i said, in 7 days time we will probably have a whole host of teams not very far behind us and suddenly we will need to go from struggling to get any sort of form to needing to win 3 or 4 in a row, and that ain’t easy. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t think that’s a bad result for us at all. 

Cant see Man U sustaining a run of victories. These games suit them but playing ‘lesser’ opposition doesn’t. 

Chelsea look broken and about to be swallowed by the pack. Spurs and Wolves for them next. Be good if they drew with Spurs 

I thought that too, but it’s the last game of the season at Stamford Bridge - could be very interesting that one. Chelsea’s next four are Spurs (h), Bayern (h), Bournemouth (a), Everton (h). They’ve still got to go to Liverpool, host Man City, and go to Sheffield United, as well as the return leg at Bayern. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Chill ...

No one is panicking but there are a few nuggets on here who think we're all but home and hosed. 

A horrible scenario for me would be to go into the last two games of the season 5pts ahead of both Tottenham and Man Utd seems as those two are our last two fixtures. For that to happen Tottenham only need to accumulate 5pts in the next 10 games more than us and Man Utd need 7pts more than us in the next 10 games. 

We're in a fantastic position and better than anyone could have dreamed of at the start of the season but now is the time to work hard and get some points on the board and not to "chill". 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No one is panicking but there are a few nuggets on here who think we're all but home and hosed. 

A horrible scenario for me would be to go into the last two games of the season 5pts ahead of both Tottenham and Man Utd seems as those two are our last two fixtures. For that to happen Tottenham only need to accumulate 5pts in the next 10 games more than us and Man Utd need 7pts more than us in the next 10 games. 

We're in a fantastic position and better than anyone could have dreamed of at the start of the season but now is the time to work hard and get some points on the board and not to "chill". 

yeah, having laughed at him non stop for 5 months i forgot harry maguire existed until tonight, then i had a really bad thought that it might be him getting his massive cock out in front of the kop when they beat us and get our last champions league place. 

10 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Kavanagh did the same when he was VAR on our game against Villa when Ricardo got fouled halfway up his leg... Reviewed in like 10 seconds and told the on field ref to resume play.

Certain refs are just shite and become even shiter when put behind a monitor.

Yea I remember this... was it Taggart in the 4-1 win? Remember the tackle clearly meriting a red card and I didn’t even think it was reviewed! I was seething at the time because I felt it could have seriously injured Ricky!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Yea I remember this... was it Taggart in the 4-1 win? Remember the tackle clearly meriting a red card and I didn’t even think it was reviewed! I was seething at the time because I felt it could have seriously injured Ricky!

When you’ve got a ref who can’t call this then Chelsea had no hope!

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

They players and management need to work hard - not panic ...... but my ‘chill’ comment is aimed at those supporters who seem to be overly worried.  It’s way too early for that and this fan mindset would not be good for the home games if widely held 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

When you’ve got a ref who can’t call this then Chelsea had no hope!

Thanks for this! That’s a shocking tackle and nothing happened! Understand why I was so angry at the time, it’s worse than I remembered

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Man Utd’s next four League fixtures 

Watford H

Everton A

Man C.  H

Spurs.   A

Watford could cause an upset and the 3 games after are incredibly difficult, I can’t see them being any nearer than 10 points behind us with 8 to play.

It highlights how key our run of games is after Saturday. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Spurs v Wolves I meant. My bad. 

Still handy for us I suppose, so many teams involved in the pack below, taking points from each other can only help in the longer term. We should have enough in our locker to finish the job, but it certainly doesn’t hurt having those below taking points off one another.