Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

17 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I bet sky will be relieved when it does as they are rapidly running out of things to report on sky sports news. Chess and Speed walking have been the top news today although I did learn something this week that Leicester Riders have a very successful women’s team retaining a trophy they have won for the 3rd consecutive year  

Sounds like what grandstand had become by the end

• Haha 1

I’ve read Gary Neville’s comments on a potential ‘Carnival of Football’ after the worst is over with Coronavirus and whilst even he admits it wasn’t meant to be taken literally. I do think he is into something.
I can very feasibly see a 3 week period where there is at least 1 Premier League game on every day with the teams alternating between having 2 and 3 days off. Imagine the Marketing potential behind it, Sky and BT would be all over it. After however many months of nothing and then bang, live games for 20 odd days straight 

30 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

I’ve read Gary Neville’s comments on a potential ‘Carnival of Football’ after the worst is over with Coronavirus and whilst even he admits it wasn’t meant to be taken literally. I do think he is into something.
I can very feasibly see a 3 week period where there is at least 1 Premier League game on every day with the teams alternating between having 2 and 3 days off. Imagine the Marketing potential behind it, Sky and BT would be all over it. After however many months of nothing and then bang, live games for 20 odd days straight 

A solid month of football every day would do wonders for morale across the country. It'd be good if it was free-to-air but I think that'll be unlikely given that Sky/BT are already trying to get money out of the PL for unfulfilled games.

What I'd really like to see is more football league matches on TV as well. Nobody loses out by broadcasting extra games and its not like there's much new TV being made right now, so the BBC and ITV could provide a really good service to keep morale high. Could even get Amazon involved if they're keen for some positive PR. The games will be behind closed doors anyway so move them to neutral PL/Championship stadiums and then the camera setups can stay in place and there are better facilities/pitches to play on. 

Might even encourage a few people to support their smaller local sides more, and in the process generate a little extra revenue for struggling lower league clubs.

Edited by Xen

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

A solid month of football every day would do wonders for morale across the country. It'd be good if it was free-to-air but I think that'll be unlikely given that Sky/BT are already trying to get money out of the PL for unfulfilled games.

Speaks volumes about the state of the current sporting climate - these vipers are concerned with one thing only.

How mega, mega rich companies can be bottom lining it when others are suffering is baffling. If they've any balls the Premier League would cease to provide content for them - Sky and BT would absolutely suffer as a result - but they won't.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Speaks volumes about the state of the current sporting climate - these vipers are concerned with one thing only.

How mega, mega rich companies can be bottom lining it when others are suffering is baffling. If they've any balls the Premier League would cease to provide content for them - Sky and BT would absolutely suffer as a result - but they won't.

They might. There had been talk of the PL setting up its own streaming service in the future (possibly outside the UK only) and Amazon have proven that that sort of provision is definitely possible Now with Sky/BT seemingly biting the hand that feeds them the PL may be convinced to cut ties after this round of TV rights comes to a close.

I doubt it will ever happen, of course, but it sure would be brilliant if it did.

So are Sky/Glenn Hoddle Sports (BT) offering refunds or extending cover for those that have paid and continue to pay monthly subscriptions?  Those watching Pirate Streams will be gutted if their free coverage is not available for several months.

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Klopp seems a bit low ranked. I imagine he'd be a nutter in any fight even if he wasn't the strongest.

Also would be quite hard to land a blow on Bruce as his stomach would keep you a few feet away.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Klopp seems a bit low ranked. I imagine he'd be a nutter in any fight even if he wasn't the strongest.

Also would be quite hard to land a blow on Bruce as his stomach would keep you a few feet away.

I'd have Brendan in the bottom 5 tbh.

43 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So are Sky/Glenn Hoddle Sports (BT) offering refunds or extending cover for those that have paid and continue to pay monthly subscriptions?  Those watching Pirate Streams will be gutted if their free coverage is not available for several months.

Sky are offering to pause your payments for Sky Sports if you can get in touch via Sky.com, I'm struggling. Not sure if that extends your contract.

Not heard anything about BT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Sky are offering to pause your payments for Sky Sports if you can get in touch via Sky.com, I'm struggling. Not sure if that extends your contract.

Not heard anything about BT.

Unfortunately once you eventually get through to Sky they very quickly make it clear they aren't offering to pause your subscription, it's just a marketing ploy which has given them an incredible amount of positive publicity.

What they are offering is to let you cancel Sky Sports without any minimum term fees applying.

On the face of it this might seem like a good idea, but if, like me, you have an offer, eg £15pm for Sports instead of full price (£28pm?), they won't honour that when you re-subscribe to Sports and you'll likely be paying full price, or at least have to renegotiate from scratch.

Further, if you have Sky Cinema too, customers get this half price if you already subscribe to Sky Sports. Removing Sports reverts your Sky Cinema price to full, too.

So if I cancel Sports, and the football starts again next month, I'll save £9.50 for one month, and when I re-subscribe it will be £13 more expensive every month thereafter.

10 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Unfortunately once you eventually get through to Sky they very quickly make it clear they aren't offering to pause your subscription, it's just a marketing ploy which has given them an incredible amount of positive publicity.

What they are offering is to let you cancel Sky Sports without any minimum term fees applying.

On the face of it this might seem like a good idea, but if, like me, you have an offer, eg £15pm for Sports instead of full price (£28pm?), they won't honour that when you re-subscribe to Sports and you'll likely be paying full price, or at least have to renegotiate from scratch.

Further, if you have Sky Cinema too, customers get this half price if you already subscribe to Sky Sports. Removing Sports reverts your Sky Cinema price to full, too.

So if I cancel Sports, and the football starts again next month, I'll save £9.50 for one month, and when I re-subscribe it will be £13 more expensive every month thereafter.

Well I've done it online and they only word they use is Pause not cancel and they say they will automatically restart it when the sport starts up again.

Where have you got this from?

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well I've done it online and they only word they use is Pause not cancel and they say they will automatically restart it when the sport starts up again.

Where have you got this from?

Directly from them when I got in contact on Wednesday. Here's their opening gambit.

They said the stuff about the Cinema/re-subscription prices during the subsequent conversation.

Sky.png

Edited by 87fox

10 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Directly from them when I got in contact on Wednesday. Here's their opening gambit.

They said the stuff about the Cinema/re-subscription prices during the subsequent conversation.

Sky.png

When I did it this morning they said it was a definite pause and would resume as soon as the action does.