Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

12 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Mate I just finished 5 shifts in a row in an ICU, you have no idea what is going to happen and is already happening.

**** the football and **** the money. "Team's can then be selected depending on health status", ridiculous.

I wonder if away from hotspots in the W midlands and possibly nw england, the absolutely terrible situation now unfolding in the capital and Home Counties will seem a little detached from what’s happening elsewhere in the country ???.

they could find a way to complete the season but I think they’ll wait until the death rate and suffering becomes less shocking. Mid June ???

Hope the Premier League do the right thing and donate some money to the lower league clubs.

Or even the likes of BT and Sky, if they really want to make others believe that they 'support' the game.

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Hope the Premier League do the right thing and donate some money to the lower league clubs.

Or even the likes of BT and Sky, if they really want to make others believe that they 'support' the game.

The way things are going I could see the P/L being in financial trouble themselves.

I just read in the mecury about the premier league teams having to split the tv money to pay back if they don’t complete the season. Around £725 split between each teams. 

Wondering how it’s fair to split it if certain teams would have been due to receive more money for being shown more? Perhaps this figure is something different. 

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I just read in the mecury about the premier league teams having to split the tv money to pay back if they don’t complete the season. Around £725 split between each teams. 

Wondering how it’s fair to split it if certain teams would have been due to receive more money for being shown more? Perhaps this figure is something different. 

Didn’t realise times was so hard for clubs if they can’t afford that 😉

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Been reported that Man Utd pay £8000 per goal and £9000 per win to Ighalo on top of his £180,000 a week wages.

Football and the world have gone fcuking mad.

Obscene!.

He could buy a 9 pack of Andrex with that!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Didn’t realise times was so hard for clubs if they can’t afford that 😉

Reminds me of this I saw this week

EFD0084C-F70E-401C-9E37-A2DC3C347EBD.jpegFor the sake of the economy, I’d be happy to throw in $100 to fix the budget deficit.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Haha 2

On 21/03/2020 at 09:40, Always Next Year said:

Been reported that Man Utd pay £8000 per goal and £9000 per win to Ighalo on top of his £180,000 a week wages.

Football and the world have gone fcuking mad.

Yep utter madness and they still whinge if any club dare rebuff their initial valuation of a player they want saying it's the selling club driving up prices, which brings us onto their pursuit of 16yr old Jude Bellingham reportedly willing to pay £50m for the lad and £100k per week wages:blink: 16yr old and played a handful of 1st team games in the big scheme of things, if I was in Man U youth setup right now I'd be leaving.

Also find that Jude's representative saying Jude is a life long Man U fan and would join for the love of the club and not the money...ok son :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Yep utter madness and they still whinge if any club dare rebuff their initial valuation of a player they want saying it's the selling club driving up prices, which brings us onto their pursuit of 16yr old Jude Bellingham reportedly willing to pay £50m for the lad and £100k per week wages:blink: 16yr old and played a handful of 1st team games in the big scheme of things, if I was in Man U youth setup right now I'd be leaving.

Also find that Jude's representative saying Jude is a life long Man U fan and would join for the love of the club and not the money...ok son :crylaugh:

10 years ago they paid £16.5 mill for an 18 year old Phil Jones after he had made 35 appearances for Blackburn spaced over two seasons

15 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Playing PlayStation with OGS. 

I wish my birthday was June 21st though. 

I'm wearing a mask and gloves with Sam Allardyce. What the hell am I doing! :o

On 21/03/2020 at 09:19, Ashley said:

Do people honestly expect this Season to be finished? I dont. 

Players will need a some sort of pre Season for the League to Start back. We go again next Season... maybe. 

It's more important for a multitude of reasons (probably most pressingly, financial) to finish this season versus starting a new one. They can also do quite a bit more scheduling-wise for the next so long as they get this one finished (including scrapping a few international breaks, multiple games a week, and so on).