Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

25 minutes ago, pds said:

When I did it this morning they said it was a definite pause and would resume as soon as the action does.

It's definitely possible they've changed their tactic since the first couple of days due to negative feedback. I hope so!

54 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Directly from them when I got in contact on Wednesday. Here's their opening gambit.

They said the stuff about the Cinema/re-subscription prices during the subsequent conversation.

Sky.png

If that is the case then they are surely guilty of misrepresentation their terms & conditions because it says in big letters pause you sky Sports.

43 minutes ago, pds said:

When I did it this morning they said it was a definite pause and would resume as soon as the action does.

Aye and me.

From their Website

Sky Sports

Pause your Sky Sports subscription

In light of recent sports event postponements, you can pause your Sky Sports until the action resumes.

• Your Sports subscription payment will be paused until the action resumes
  • All 11 Sky Sports channels plus your recordings will remain available
  • As soon as the action returns, we will reinstate your Sports subscription. You don’t need to do anything.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

From their Website

Sky Sports

Pause your Sky Sports subscription

In light of recent sports event postponements, you can pause your Sky Sports until the action resumes.

• Your Sports subscription payment will be paused until the action resumes
  • All 11 Sky Sports channels plus your recordings will remain available
  • As soon as the action returns, we will reinstate your Sports subscription. You don’t need to do anything.

So you'll still receive the channels with the repeats, Sky Sports news, The Debate etc

7 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

I’ve read Gary Neville’s comments on a potential ‘Carnival of Football’ after the worst is over with Coronavirus and whilst even he admits it wasn’t meant to be taken literally. I do think he is into something.
I can very feasibly see a 3 week period where there is at least 1 Premier League game on every day with the teams alternating between having 2 and 3 days off. Imagine the Marketing potential behind it, Sky and BT would be all over it. After however many months of nothing and then bang, live games for 20 odd days straight 

I can see when all of this is over (unlikely in the summer) there's gonna be so much relief and joy when it all properly comes back - pubs/bars open, restaurants, stadiums etc. All back to normality and there'll be that initial honeymoon period. 

51 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Why dont they just automatically pause it 

Because they are hoping that people won’t do it so sky don’t miss out on the money while also appearing to be the good guys and getting good press by offering it while their competitors are not 

basically it’s an advertising campaign to try and woo customers from elsewhere 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Because they are hoping that people won’t do it so sky don’t miss out on the money while also appearing to be the good guys and getting good press by offering it while their competitors are not 

basically it’s an advertising campaign to try and woo customers from elsewhere 

Whilst at the same time going ahead with price increases.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Yeah Brendan, Howe, Ole and Roy towards the bottom. I think Klopp is too far town as is Moyes, 

Number is correct though, no one stands a chance against Nige 

Rodgers,is the quiet one...Bruce learnt how to dish it out will hold up better than this most Guardiola,the unseen assasin...

Recognise and know your feind...The list on this paper,proves the originator,didnt take much thought over it...

Some Dirty infighters in the group...:scarf:

I actually think Dyche is way overrated there, he comes across tough but when push cane to shove he’d be in trouble.

Howe in the top 8 shows how bad the league has become.

Remember the glory days of Souness, Fergie, Clough, Peter Reid, George Graham these guys would have a field day with Sean Dyche and the rest of the managers these days.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Rodgers,is the quiet one...Bruce learnt how to dish it out will hold up better than this most Guardiola,the unseen assasin...

Recognise and know your feind...The list on this paper,proves the originator,didnt take much thought over it...

Some Dirty infighters in the group...:scarf:

Guardiola would definitely be the bloke at the front giving the big un, who legs it as soon as all the fighting kicks off.

Match Of The Day is back on tomorrow, but with aspects including some archive interviews and a debate over who's the best-ever Premier League captain.

Edited by Wymsey

9 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

I’ve read Gary Neville’s comments on a potential ‘Carnival of Football’ after the worst is over with Coronavirus and whilst even he admits it wasn’t meant to be taken literally. I do think he is into something.
I can very feasibly see a 3 week period where there is at least 1 Premier League game on every day with the teams alternating between having 2 and 3 days off. Imagine the Marketing potential behind it, Sky and BT would be all over it. After however many months of nothing and then bang, live games for 20 odd days straight 

3 FT Match Threads every week will be joyous experience to behold.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

I can see when all of this is over (unlikely in the summer) there's gonna be so much relief and joy when it all properly comes back - pubs/bars open, restaurants, stadiums etc. All back to normality and there'll be that initial honeymoon period. 

So we treat the rest of the season (if it happens) as if it's the Euros? :ph34r:

Honestly, as amazing a spectacle as it would be, I don't see a chance in hell of it happening. There's no way they could justify playing games at the same time as a tournament that was cancelled for the same reason, unless maybe it was done entirely behind closed doors.

I honestly think this season is a write-off. Now as long as bellsniffs like Collymore don't get their way and the current positions are honoured, we can get back to normality with a bit of club European football in the late summer. 😌

35 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Honestly, as amazing a spectacle as it would be, I don't see a chance in hell of it happening. There's no way they could justify playing games at the same time as a tournament that was cancelled for the same reason, unless maybe it was done entirely behind closed doors.

But didn’t they cancel the euros for the reason of finishing the season? Think that justifies it really. They’d rather do that than push next season back even further then having knock on effect for euro ‘2021’. 

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

So we treat the rest of the season (if it happens) as if it's the Euros? :ph34r:

I honestly think this season is a write-off. Now as long as bellsniffs like Collymore don't get their way and the current positions are honoured, we can get back to normality with a bit of club European football in the late summer. 😌

They cancelled the euros in the hope of fitting the season in. Also the way the euros is set up to be held, it would be impossible at the minute. Even if it was held in one place, bring together all those players from across europe has issues in this current climate. Finishing the season is completely justified.

It will be a huge help to have testing kits available so that we know which players and staff members have had the virus (or have it). Team's can then be selected depending on health status to be played behind closed doors to get the season finished. Makes it a bit of a lottery but better than declaring the season null and void. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It will be a huge help to have testing kits available so that we know which players and staff members have had the virus (or have it). Team's can then be selected depending on health status to be played behind closed doors to get the season finished. Makes it a bit of a lottery but better than declaring the season null and void. 

Please just accept that the season is over.

Just now, Spudulike said:

It cannot be over due to the huge financial implications. It will be finished, some how. 

Mate I just finished 5 shifts in a row in an ICU, you have no idea what is going to happen and is already happening.

**** the football and **** the money. "Team's can then be selected depending on health status", ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Mate I just finished 5 shifts in a row in an ICU, you have no idea what is going to happen and is already happening.

**** the football and **** the money. "Team's can then be selected depending on health status", ridiculous.

Ok, we'll see. 

Ps. Thanks for your work. It's very very much appreciated. Stay well.