Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Arsenal post match 3-0

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Genuinely wasn't exaggerating when I said they were Huddersfield / Fulham bad. You can at least understand Huddersfield being rubbish. Arsenal though lol

Yeah I was debating if they were the worst team down here all season. Even when they didn't play well against us in the past, you could still see some quality and knew it wouldn't take much for them to turn a game. But that performance was the absolute pits. 

13 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Surely Albrighton starts the next 2 games? He had a fantastic game and makes you wonder how Gray got in front of him. 

We all love Marc, you more than most perhaps, but he was atrocious for the first half an hour, losing the ball innumerable times. He was lousy in his last match too. Thankfully he had a good second half with most of his first time crosses actually hitting a dangerous area. One of his better second half performances in a long while.

He is a good squad player for us but going forward he just doesn't have the skill to be a starter. Gray has far more skill and potential but I'd not have either of them starting. I'd have the same as against Arse but with Barnes instead of Albrighton and both Marc and Demarai on the bench - their skill sets suit different scenarios later in the match.

Hamza and N'didi should be on the pitch. Maddison and Tielemans should be on the pitch. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I agree, he was poor for large periods of the game IMO. Lots of errors, but had spells of good stuff though with some lovely build up play and through balls. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought he was fine personally

Made some delicious passes

Funny how we see the match differently isn't it. Going by his reactions to some of his wayward passes though, I am pretty confident he would agree that he can do better, and I think Vards had to restrain himself in one stage to not lay into him after he messed up a great opportunity! Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic performance, especially consider he's just coming back from a long term injury. My order of preference for the wingers would be Marc 1st (largely because of his all round contribution), then Harvey, then Demarai. Struggling to see where Ghezzal will fit into future plans. 

• Like 1

Bar Fulham they are the worst side we have played at home. At least sides like Cardiff and Huddersfield you could see what they were trying to do. Yes, they got a player sent off but Maitland-Niles was having an utter nightmare against Chilwell and Maddison so it was hardly a surprise. Like Morgan vs Everton it felt like an inevitability after the first yellow. The whole team was fantastic, don't think I could pick a MOTM as there was about 6 or 7 candidates easily.

• Like 1

Just now, mancunianfox said:

Bar Fulham they are the worst side we have played at home. At least sides like Cardiff and Huddersfield you could see what they were trying to do. Yes, they got a player sent off but Maitland-Niles was having an utter nightmare against Chilwell and Maddison so it was hardly a surprise. Like Morgan vs Everton it felt like an inevitability after the first yellow. The whole team was fantastic, don't think I could pick a MOTM as there was about 6 or 7 candidates easily.

So, were arsenal garbage or were we good?

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yeah I was debating if they were the worst team down here all season. Even when they didn't play well against us in the past, you could still see some quality and knew it wouldn't take much for them to turn a game. But that performance was the absolute pits. 

There was nothing on offer at all. No quality, no fight, no organisation.

I agree with whoever said judge teams on their players, not their badge. Don't tactically respect rubbish like that.

It's weird that in a year where Huddersfield have got 14 points I think the worst performance at our place was Arsenal, and the worst away was probably Everton.

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

There was nothing on offer at all. No quality, no fight, no organisation.

I agree with whoever said judge teams on their players, not their badge. Don't tactically respect rubbish like that.

It's weird that in a year where Huddersfield have got 14 points I think the worst performance at our place was Arsenal, and the worst away was probably Everton.

Funny enough, Newcastle put in one of the best performances from an opposition side at our place but one of the worst I've seen us come up against away from home. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Arsenal have never ever lost a game of football that was because of Arsenal, according to Arsenal fans.

They're an embarrassment. Every time we beat them or Spurs it's like they're trying to contest each other for who is the more embarrassing with their reactions.

Arsenal are catchable for us. They haven't really improved post-Wenger at all have they so far? With arguably their best player going on a free too you could argue they're still on the decline.

There's a culture of blame and excuse about that club that has manifested over years.

Haven't you noticed that virus..has been hitting us of late...quite a little epidemic finds it's roots & route by the entitled crowd..

Everybody shit/crap,we should beat this rubbish attitude....Not one positive good word that the PL is a competive  entity with 19 teams that have

EARNED their right to try at this level,and stay there!!!!!

Then like our 38 game title win..shows who are the best and who jus can't t cut it that year,despite some top games...

Edited by fuchsntf

Just how good was that performance yesterday.

Everything but the goal until the 55th minute. Arsenal were at 6s and 7s the entire afternoon.Yes they were a bit unlucky with the sending off (Maddison made a meal of it) but it's not like they were anything other than atrocious from the get go. The way we were playing Maitland-Niles may well have been sent off later anyways.

Kaspers best performance of the season probably. Distribution top notch, good saves and a rare assist.

Ricardo has been better than I ever could imagine. A Simpson upgrade and Mahrez replacement rolled into one. Evans absolutely superb. Took a bit longer than expected to break through but for 3 million he's been one of the bargains of the year.

Maddison should have passed to Marc for that chance but another assist to his name. Faded considerably at the Emirates in October but didn't look out of place yesterday. Hammy Chowder also looked the part. Set the tone with the tackling and also his passing and link up play is good. I have more time for Mendy than others i suspect but his days are numbered if Hamza keeps this up. Like a dog let off the leash. Makes you wonder why we haven't played him more.

Arsenal must have had a Bullseye like 'heres what you could have won' moment watching Vardy. We criticised Fulham for their naive approach. Arsenal gave them a run :Dfor their money.

It could have been 6 or 7 nil. I was impressed with Arsenal in October but yesterday was the worst performance from a top 6 side at the KP in years. Cry all you want about the red card but Arsenal must surely know deep down that they were totally outclassed. Of the so called elite clubs in World Football they look the most dormant of the lot. A long way from the days of Adams, Overmars, Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp.

Just sensational from us at times yesterday. Post title one of the best days at home along with the 2 Man City wins and Liverpool 2017. Considering Arsenal have had the Indian sign over us for so long it was very satisfying. And not long after putting the Bournemouth record right.

Still in a honeymoon period with Rodgers but the signs look good.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 3

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:57, Izzy said:

Really, really enjoyed that.

So many good performances it’s hard to pick a MOTM.

Shout out to Jonny Evans who was colossal 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:57, Izzy said:

Remember those who said he was rubbish when we signed him? Great game, and we thrashed the Gunners! Well done lads. :scarf: :appl:

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

The whole team was fantastic, don't think I could pick a MOTM as there was about 6 or 7 candidates easily.

This is the sign of a great manager. A team that doesn't need to rely on one player but instead can win through multiple players on any one day. I think that Man City and Liverpool for as good as they are don't overly rely on one player; Aguero, Sterling, Silva, KDB, Van Dijk, Salah, Mane, etc all these are fabulous players but those teams aren't reliant upon players compared to say Chelsea with Hazard or even when we won the league how reliant we were on Mahrez and Vardy.

And the best thing is, it wasn't just a one-off. I felt we played this way against Bournemouth too and have had spells like it in other games. Next season should be exciting! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FIF said:

We all love Marc, you more than most perhaps, but he was atrocious for the first half an hour, losing the ball innumerable times. He was lousy in his last match too. Thankfully he had a good second half with most of his first time crosses actually hitting a dangerous area. One of his better second half performances in a long while.

He is a good squad player for us but going forward he just doesn't have the skill to be a starter. Gray has far more skill and potential but I'd not have either of them starting. I'd have the same as against Arse but with Barnes instead of Albrighton and both Marc and Demarai on the bench - their skill sets suit different scenarios later in the match.

Hamza and N'didi should be on the pitch. Maddison and Tielemans should be on the pitch. 

You’re forgetting that Mark isn’t fully first team match fit yet having been out for so long. Don’t you remember how awful Jonny Evans was in his first few games having not been fit either. 

Dont get me wrong, I don’t think Mark is world class, however as you said he’s a really decent squad player and has 100% the right attitude and commitment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Haven't you noticed that virus..has been hitting us of late...quite a little epidemic finds it's roots & route by the entitled crowd..

Everybody shit/crap,we should beat this rubbish attitude....Not one positive good word that the PL is a competive  entity with 19 teams that have

EARNED their right to try at this level,and stay there!!!!!

Then like our 38 game title win..shows who are the best and who jus can't t cut it that year,despite some top games...

OK - I think Manchester City & Liverpool are currently the two best teams in the world. I think Tottenham are a very good side. I think Leicester, Wolves and Everton have the basis for being good sides. I quite rate Watford. I think Palace and West Ham are quite good on their day. I think Southampton are coming good under Hasenhuttl.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are clearly operating on a high level but I think they're all very questionable teams.

10 minutes ago, copunk said:

Bit of a long shot but would anyone have a link to the full game? 

Sorry but youtube..5mins...10mins..up to 20mins..

Sky 2 highlights 30 mins highlights......ca18:00 hrs

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

OK - I think Manchester City & Liverpool are currently the two best teams in the world. I think Tottenham are a very good side. I think Leicester, Wolves and Everton have the basis for being good sides. I quite rate Watford. I think Palace and West Ham are quite good on their day. I think Southampton are coming good under Hasenhuttl.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea are clearly operating on a high level but I think they're all very questionable teams.

I reckon more than ever...the bottom teams play good even top football,but not regularly enough,or not a full 90 minutes.

some have the football technic,but not the 90 minutes concentration...But it doesn't make them crp or shite...Top teams have most player with everything

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I'm still feeling great about this game a day later.

-Everybody agrees City were just as dominant before AMN's red card as they were after it.

-City have spanked Arsenal at home two years in a row--how often does that happen?

-Vardy was an absolute menace all game. Sokratis and Mustafi simply couldn't handle his pace, and you could see them dropping back and often keeping Vardy on-side because they were petrified about getting beaten for pace. You could also see how they switched off on Vardy's first goal because they must have assumed Schmeichel was going to play the retaken kick short again. I can't imagine how physically and mentally exhausted the both of them were.

-Ndidi, Chowdhury, and Mendy all  showed their value. It was smart of Rodgers to take off Ndidi to add Barnes as another wide thread, because we didn't need a ball winner. Chowdhury looked great in a somewhat different role than we usually see him play. And Mendy--whom I used to rate very lowly--has been fantastic every time Rodgers puts him out to help keep possession and slow down the game when we have a late lead.

-Little by little, City are doing a better job breaking down defensive teams. The run into the box from deeper in the central midfield is effective.

-This doesn't even mention how well-organized City looked defensively.

-There's a lot of talk in press & punditry about the major gap between the "big six" and the "rest of the pack." But look at how Arsenal got pasted three times in 8 days, and look at Man Utd's woeful recent form. If you're Leicester, Wolves, Everton, or Watford, you're salivating when you're looking at Arsenal and Man Utd. You have to really think a steady summer can make your team just as likely to battle for top six as those two. Would you swap, say, any of our regular midfielders for any of Arsenals' besides Aaron Ramsey? 

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 3

On 28/04/2019 at 19:54, volpeazzurro said:

Ricardo came on well second half but defensively was suspect on more than one occasion. They all played well today but if I was to be really really picky, although good, Ricardo and Maguire were for me our lesser performers. I personally don't see many top 5 suitors for Ricardos signature, we have several better prospects of interest to others.

Would disagree, Ricardo has been picked out numerous times by the media this season, he is the epitome of the modern day full back and would certainly be on their radars and possibly a number of overseas clubs now aware of his season.

Man city cant nail down a regular starter there, Walker been dropped a few times for inconsistency,  Chelsea have Azpilacueta who is decent but not spectacular, liverpool have trent who's got lots of potential,  United have nothing there, arsenal nothing either, spurs trying to offload Trippier. 

I'd be nervous of what the summer could throw at us.

Pre red card we had 81% possession to their 19%, triple the number of passes and more shots on goal. 

Arsenal are known for being good in possession but they completely shit the bed. What the hell happened to the Arsenal who would keep the ball and pass it well. 

Edited by Koke

Arsenal Fan TV was an interesting watch post game. Despite some of their fans saying the game turned or was lost on the sending off - which was a rubbish excuse  - they were understandably not a happy lot. To be honest if we had played like that to a non top six we would be lighting up the forum in fury! 

We outplayed them throughout; would have won without the sending off and it was a terrific performance all round. Well done lads and the fans were great !