Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Arsenal post match 3-0

28 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Would disagree, Ricardo has been picked out numerous times by the media this season, he is the epitome of the modern day full back and would certainly be on their radars and possibly a number of overseas clubs now aware of his season.

Man city cant nail down a regular starter there, Walker been dropped a few times for inconsistency,  Chelsea have Azpilacueta who is decent but not spectacular, liverpool have trent who's got lots of potential,  United have nothing there, arsenal nothing either, spurs trying to offload Trippier. 

I'd be nervous of what the summer could throw at us.

So would I..

27 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Would disagree, Ricardo has been picked out numerous times by the media this season, he is the epitome of the modern day full back and would certainly be on their radars and possibly a number of overseas clubs now aware of his season.

Man city cant nail down a regular starter there, Walker been dropped a few times for inconsistency,  Chelsea have Azpilacueta who is decent but not spectacular, liverpool have trent who's got lots of potential,  United have nothing there, arsenal nothing either, spurs trying to offload Trippier. 

Why should we be nervous the team are loving playing together under Rodgers as seen by the performances, I don't think we have anything to worry about most of the players are under long contracts for a reason

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I fairly confident that with the exception of perhaps Maguire, nobody will be going anywhere, particularly players who have only been here 5 minutes. Our owners dot need to sell and won't for more than one reason, it would be too damaging. I agree that he's been brilliant this season but has flaws defensively but is getting a lot better, notwithstanding that he's had to completely adapt to our game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Why should we be nervous the team are loving playing together under Rodgers as seen by the performances, I don't think we have anything to worry about most of the players are under long contracts for a reason

You can see it, there seems to be a real spirit and energy about the young squad, I saw a post match interview with Maddison (might have been match of the day) where he said he’s loving his football at the minute and seemed really enthused which is showing in his performances, they all look very happy. Reminiscent of 2015/16 :D:scarf:

Saw Lee Carsley (still at Birmingham?) and Martin Allen in the directors' box at the game

They weren't doing any reporting, so quite strange in them being invited to attend.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Saw Lee Carsley (still at Birmingham?) and Martin Allen in the directors' box at the game

They weren't doing any reporting, so quite strange in them being invited to attend.

Checking the flowerbeds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Arsenal Fan TV was an interesting watch post game. Despite some of their fans saying the game turned or was lost on the sending off - which was a rubbish excuse  - they were understandably not a happy lot. To be honest if we had played like that to a non top six we would be lighting up the forum in fury! 

We outplayed them throughout; would have won without the sending off and it was a terrific performance all round. Well done lads and the fans were great ! 

I watched every one of the reaction videos (sad I know) and it was just Robbie saying over and over to each person “don’t you think the game turned on the sending off” and pretty much all the interviewees disagreeing and saying “nah ref got that wrong but we were shit even before then fam”. I don’t think a single fan blamed the red card for the loss.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

I watched every one of the reaction videos

Brucey!  You're a better man than that.

(said the guy who grabs popcorn and hits the Fighting Cock after each Spurs debacle)  lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Absolute crybabys. They just won't let it go. On the other hand I start thinking about VAR and fear that its going to screw the game if they start using ridiculous margins to overturn calls.

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Absolute crybabys. They just won't let it go. On the other hand I start thinking about VAR and fear that its going to screw the game if they start using ridiculous margins to overturn calls.

It's just something for them to kvetch about instead of facing the reality they support a team on the decline and it's going to get worse before it gets better. 

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

This is a perfect illustration of why VAR could kill the spirit of the game..... it’s possible that vardy could be a mm offside ...... imagine if he were .....how can they be sure regarding the moment the ball left Kaspers foot .....can they freeze it that accurately??  The current offside rule gives the forward the benefit of the doubt .....VAR kills that .....my opinion is that the line they draw to see if the striker is offside should be thicker to mean that a few mm wont be penalised as it’s unclear if the technology can sort that timing issue. The benefit of any doubt should remain with the attacker .......

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

You can't tell if it's offside because you can't see the ball.  Well I can't.  You can see from Kasper's stance that it has been kicked, but he could only be offside at the moment Scmiechel's boot goes through it.

On 29/04/2019 at 08:49, HighPeakFox said:

Said it before, and I'll say it again - I went to school in Leicester, and two boys I knew from there went to Hillsborough in 1989, and never came back. I have good friends and pupils that support both teams, all of whom are fantastic people. So give it a rest please with this divisive nonsense, we all have our own opinions and experiences,

You went to Manor high or Beauchamp? 

Edited by Gwyn

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is the sign of a great manager. A team that doesn't need to rely on one player but instead can win through multiple players on any one day. I think that Man City and Liverpool for as good as they are don't overly rely on one player; Aguero, Sterling, Silva, KDB, Van Dijk, Salah, Mane, etc all these are fabulous players but those teams aren't reliant upon players compared to say Chelsea with Hazard or even when we won the league how reliant we were on Mahrez and Vardy.

And the best thing is, it wasn't just a one-off. I felt we played this way against Bournemouth too and have had spells like it in other games. Next season should be exciting! 

:appl:

I thought Sunday was the best ‘managerial performance’ I’ve seen in a long long time

We knew just about exactly what the game plan was and implemented it

I also think it was right to bench Gray. He’s had lots of chances now. These players know that Rodgers will take no shite and have to step up.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

:appl:

I thought Sunday was the best ‘managerial performance’ I’ve seen in a long long time

We knew just about exactly what the game plan was and implemented it

I also think it was right to bench Gray. He’s had lots of chances now. These players know that Rodgers will take no shite and have to step up.

Yes agree about Gray. He’s been discussed to death but I agree it shows the “competitive” element to team selection is there. Rodgers always says about the forward players “their job is to create and score goals.” If you don’t do it then he plays those who can so Albrighton and Barnes are ahead. I also expect Choudhury keeps his place after that performance but then again Soyuncu was dropped after his impressive display versus Huddersfield. 

Still point is we knew Rodgers was a good coach but didn’t realise he was a good tactician too. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wortho said:

After that performance on Sunday I can't think of any Arsenal players I would swap for any of our players. There are a couple of possibilities but our team seems better and stronger for the future. 

I somewhat agree. How are they so far ahead of us? We lose at home to average teams whilst they're generally formidable at home. Absolute flat track bullies. Our home form needs sorting.

• Like 1