Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Arsenal post match 3-0

I like this.....

An Arsenal midfield without Aaron Ramsey is about as effective as a car without wheels. Imagine if we were stupid enough to let him go on a free? Our boys are making Choudhury look like Ruud Gullit in his prime.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Maybe you just know the wrong Liverpool fans? I’ve met so many from Singapore, Botswana, Arizona, all with their own story of how they came to follow Liverpool (the one in Botswana was from Zimbabwe and followed them because of Grobbelaar). Every single one has been great company AND knew a lot about us. 

Ditto for me after 45 yrs.most travelling/working around the world...macho jobs,macho men...

found scousers/scots/Manchesterutd/Arsenal/Spurs/A.Villa/WHam fans to  be straight has a diamond cut...Love their clubs but open with Great banter but not whiners!!!   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm finding it hard to enjoy that result as much as I should be down to the fact I'm still in shock at how terrible Arsenal actually are. 

Just think about..when they mastered us, when we looked good up and coming side  before the game,then they split us open & made us look

like walt-disney characters...

since our return to the PL,even the 5-2 loss we looked good..the previous years,they made our good teams look like Donkeys...Exception the great 3-3 draw!!I

Oh !!!! how many times have we looked good and still lost!

Edited by fuchsntf

Reading "the pundits" this morning so many are saying how the "unfair" dismissal of the Arsenal player gave us the victory. Didn't they see how we were outplaying arsenal before the red card even more so than afterwards?

I wonder what excuse they'll have for Man City and Chlesea?

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Reading "the pundits" this morning so many are saying how the "unfair" dismissal of the Arsenal player gave us the victory. Didn't they see how we were outplaying arsenal before the red card even more so than afterwards?

Chris Sutton (I know, I know) went on about this on 606. An Arsenal fan came on and, to his credit, pointed-out that we were dominating even before the sending off.

On the subject of CS; I hardly listen to 606 these days because of him. Crickey,  I would even prefer David Mellor back!

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

None of these pundits were saying how unfair it was that they got away with multiple yellow offences in our away game against Arsenal - Holding and Xhaka should both have gone before half time in that game. None of them thought it was unfair that Simpson got sent off against them in the title winning season either. Pundits are scum. Brain dead morons who know nothing about any club outside the Top 6, who openly display their bias at every opportunity they can. Jenas referring to Spurs as "We" and calling all their players by first name terms is probably the worst example, but they are all bad. Carragher spitting himself dry in excitement over the Liverpool title chase, Mcmanaman on BT Sport with his appalling show in our away game in Liverpool, banging on about a potential penalty even after their own Refereeing expert said it clearly wasn't.

If it was up to me, I'd be tempted to remove the bloody lot of them, they add sod all to the viewing experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

What is really encouraging is that we are improving over time and playing this way consistently. Ricardo’s assist to Vardy is a common way for us to score, a cross that is headed in has happened for Vardy and now Tielemans. Barnes continues to cause chaos etc. Prior to today I thought Bournemouth at home was our best performance but that’s an even better display not too long after.

This was a transition season, we’ve got through it and it’s all looking so good. Madison, Barnes, Chilwell, Tielemans, Choudhury will all improve again for sure. Watching games is great again!

:appl:

Arsenal have come up against us, Everton and Wolves all within the last month and have been absolutely battered in every game. Arsenal are losing one of their best players in Ramsey and need investment, Chelsea are possibly losing Hazard and have a transfer ban and Man United need an overhaul. There's a golden opportunity for one of us, Everton, Wolves, West Ham etc. to go and break the so called top 6. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not having that Kasper was aiming for Vardy over the top? I think he was aiming for Barnes on the right who was more in space. Not that it matters, Vardy was alive to it.

Pretty sure he was, especially as Rodger's mentioned in his post match interview that it's something he's told Kasper to do.

Absolutely buzzing. an amazing game. even before they had a player sent off we were dominating the game. a fantastic performance and it just feels so good to beat the Arsenal. Vardy and Tielemans were outstanding as was Pereira and  defensively Evans and Maguire although Arsenal offered very little going forward and it was great to keep a clean sheet against them. Vardy's goal from Kasper's assist just shows how defensively woeful and inept Arsenal are at the back. a fantastic game to watch and we have such a promising team going forward into next season. 

22 hours ago, leicsmac said:

For pity's sake, someone tell Monaco to name a price short of all the firstborn sons of Egypt and we'll pay it, ok?

To be fair, if they have the right to throw in Mo Salah as well we might call it a fair trade for £10 million plus Silva. :ph34r:

15 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Arsenal fans typically blaming the red card for changing the game. If anything it made things more difficult. I've genuinely seen some of them say we weren't a threat be the lad got sent off. Beyond delusional

Arsenal have never ever lost a game of football that was because of Arsenal, according to Arsenal fans.

They're an embarrassment. Every time we beat them or Spurs it's like they're trying to contest each other for who is the more embarrassing with their reactions.

Arsenal are catchable for us. They haven't really improved post-Wenger at all have they so far? With arguably their best player going on a free too you could argue they're still on the decline.

There's a culture of blame and excuse about that club that has manifested over years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'm finding it hard to enjoy that result as much as I should be down to the fact I'm still in shock at how terrible Arsenal actually are. 

Bit of both i think

They were awful but we were bloody good

I think we’d have given anyone a game yesterday.

To a man we knew exactly what the plan was and how to execute it. Bringing on Barnes at half time was a correct decision too

Edited by Col city fan

8 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Surely Albrighton starts the next 2 games? He had a fantastic game and makes you wonder how Gray got in front of him. 

I am a huge fan of Marc, but he still seemed rusty to me (and understandably so). He made some basic errors that if Gray had made, people would have been really laying into him. Definitely want him back in on Monday though as we will benefit from his defensive contribution. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Genuinely wasn't exaggerating when I said they were Huddersfield / Fulham bad. You can at least understand Huddersfield being rubbish. Arsenal though lol

I just cannot believe a fanbase of a club that size can watch that disgrace, such appalling body language from minute one in a game they need the win in probably more than us, and point fingers at the referee before their own team.

Their team should all be docked their wages for this week they've had. Can totally imagine it was the same at Molineux.

I've no doubt the referee won it for Wolves too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rachhere said:

I am a huge fan of Marc, but he still seemed rusty to me (and understandably so). He made some basic errors that if Gray had made, people would have been really laying into him. Definitely want him back in on Monday though as we will benefit from his defensive contribution. 

I thought he was fine personally

Made some delicious passes

• Thanks 1

Just now, rachhere said:

I agree, he was poor for large periods of the game IMO. Lots of errors, but had spells of good stuff though with some lovely build up play and through balls. 

3 hours ago, FIF said:

No-one seems to mention they spent the first half cynically fouling us at every counter attack we tried to start as well. No sympathy for them. Most cynical side I can remember here since Porto.

• Like 1